Jul 28, 2015, 6:54 PM EDT
In a span of about 10 minutes the Angels landed two outfielders …
Jul 27, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Murphy is having a nice rebound year.
Jul 15, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Few teams have underachieved like the Indians did in the first half. But there are a couple of reasons to think things will look brighter after the All-Star break.
Jun 22, 2015, 7:27 AM EDT
A big day for J.D. Martinez, who fell just short of Pulling a Whitten. Which is a thing I’ve just invented.
Jun 18, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
He’s a monster.
Jun 18, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
More blowouts. More position players pitching. A couple of heroic performances. We had a little of everything last night.
Jun 14, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Indians prospect Francisco Lindor made his major league debut on Sunday and had a memorable moment after recording his career hit.
Jun 1, 2015, 6:39 AM EDT
Not gonna lie, there are some morbid thoughts in a couple of these recaps. But there’s also Bartolo Colon hitting an RBI double and if that’s not life-affirming, nothing is.
Apr 14, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
Brantley played Opening Day, sat out two games, returned for one game Friday, and is now out of the lineup for a third straight game.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Welcome to 2002, Ruben Amaro!
Feb 14, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
The Indians, searching for right-handed power, are showing interest in Dayan Viciedo.
Dec 14, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
David Murphy became the odd man out in the Indians’ outfield when they traded with the Athletics to acquire Brandon Moss. The Indians could try to move Murphy in his final season before free agency.
Nov 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
If you think Howard’s on-the-field struggles have been hard, imagine what it has been like off-the-field.
Sep 5, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Before the injury he hit .262 with seven homers and a .708 OPS in the first season of a two-year, $12 million contract.
Aug 12, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Oblique strains tend to take 4-6 weeks, so it’s possible we’ve seen the last of Murphy this season.
Aug 10, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
The Indians placed both David Murphy (abdomen) and Nick Swisher (knee, wrist) on the 15-day disabled list Sunday morning.
Aug 6, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
One of the weirder plays you’ll see.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
Welcome to the Tigers, David Price. Welcome to the big leagues Javier Baez.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Jul 3, 2014, 7:23 AM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion: “He hanged it, I banged it.” He actually said that.
Jun 19, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
Angels manager Mike Scioscia gave Ernesto Frieri a vote of confidence over the weekend, but he made it clear today that he’s looking at other options to close games.
Jun 19, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Swisher did the damage, but Mike Scioscia and his shaky bullpen laid the groundwork.
May 15, 2014, 6:30 AM EDT
There is no word for “lose” in Masahiro Tanaka’s vocabulary. It’s not even a translation thing. There is no “lose” in his Japanese or his English. He’s just a giant bag of win and dominance and stuff.
Apr 11, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
Are the Phillies doomed to lose yet another starting pitcher to injury?
Apr 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
A ton of guys had multi-homer games yesterday. Ryan Braun led the pack with his three. I’m sure that won’t bother anyone.
- Report: Mets “pushing very hard” for Carlos Gomez 2
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 36
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 63
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)