Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
A bases-loaded walk helped the Tigers win a game. A walkoff plunking gave the Cardinals the win. And the crew in Chicago couldn’t get a tarp on the field. Can anyone around here play this game anymore?
Aug 9, 2014, 11:03 PM EDT
Garrett Richards is working on something special against the Red Sox in his Saturday night start at home.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 30, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
A cliche even more prevalent and ridiculous than the old “If The Boss Was Still Alive” cliche.
Jul 28, 2014, 6:32 AM EDT
The Dodgers sweep their rivals in San Francisco, the Rays complain about Big Papi and I complain about Southwest Airlines messing with my kids’ vacation.
Jul 27, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Rays and Red Sox have been nipping at each other throughout the season, so it was no surprise that Chris Archer took exception when David Ortiz gawked at his three-run home run.
Jul 25, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Presumably enough time has passed for some of the animosity to fade, but Ortiz’s at-bats will definitely be worth watching tonight.
Jul 24, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
Jul 22, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Murray Chass — yes, Murray Chass — has an excellent article about this today.
Jul 22, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
I tend to think he is, but I feel like most of you disagree.
Jul 22, 2014, 6:33 AM EDT
Adam Jones smacked two homers. So did David Ortiz. Oh, and Lisa needs braces (dental plan), Lisa needs braces (dental plan).
Jul 17, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
It’s been less than nine months since the Red Sox hoisted the World Series trophy and less than eight months since general manager Ben Cherington won the Executive of the Year award, but with the team sitting at 43-52 he’s already started to apologize for this year’s product.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jul 9, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
And he’s right to not be pleased. Even if he (and everyone else in this littler drama) is being pretty lame.
Jul 7, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
The Orioles manager talks about glass houses in the wake of Lackey’s words about players with PED pasts.
Jul 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Why have so many teams and so many teammates loved Raul Ibanez?
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
Jun 23, 2014, 11:31 PM EDT
While David Ortiz went about his protest the wrong way last week, he was credited with a hit today.
Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM EDT
Mike Napoli stole home. Though, really, we should call what he did something else. Also: are we at “Peak Brandon” in Major League Baseball?
Jun 22, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
John Farrell says his slugger has a “knack for the moment”. He doesn’t, really — he’s just good.
Jun 20, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Short version: “Quit your whining, Ortiz.”
Jun 19, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
You’d think a Hall of Fame caliber player with multiple World Series rings would let a lone judgment call by an official scorer go. If so, you’d think wrong.
Jun 19, 2014, 6:17 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw was nearly perfect. And, at least by one measure, was better than a lot of guys who have thrown perfect games.
Jun 18, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
Three runs on three homers in this one. All in the tenth inning.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 13
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 64
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)