Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 AM EST
Four Phillies combine for the no-no. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen more of these in recent years.
Aug 31, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The Brewers tried but ultimately failed to acquire David Price from the Rays in July because they refused to part with pitcher Jimmy Nelson.
Aug 29, 2014, 6:58 AM EST
Yet another protested game in a week full of protests. This one isn’t going anywhere, though.
Aug 28, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
MLB.com strung together video of all nine hits, which is weirdly mesmerizing to watch.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EST
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
The Tigers entered play Wednesday night trailing the Royals by 1 1/2 games in the American League Central standings and were hoping to get another strong start from trade deadline acquisition David Price, who tossed eight innings of one-run ball last week in Tampa Bay. Price did not come through.
Aug 24, 2014, 3:32 PM EST
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Athletics have claimed Rays shortstop Yunel Escobar off revocable waivers. The two teams have until 1 p.m. ET on Tuesday to work out a trade.
Aug 23, 2014, 10:12 AM EST
Many around the game were underwhelmed when the Rays acquired Drew Smyly, Nick Franklin, and Willy Adames in the three-team David Price deal last month. It will probably take years before we can make a fair assessment, but the early returns are positive for Tampa Bay.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:33 AM EST
Another Washington walkoff. Another dominant Clayton Kershaw start. And some unusual stuff happened too.
Aug 21, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
But not the best among major league starters this season.
Aug 21, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
One unearned run was all he allowed against his old mates. Tough way to lose.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:09 PM EST
Doug Fister was a perfectly useful pitcher for Detroit, but he didn’t show up on the radar gun. Now, Fister is leading the National not the playoffs while the Tigers are fighting to stay alive.
Aug 16, 2014, 1:08 PM EST
The Mariners have won five straight games while the Tigers have dropped seven out of their last 10.
Aug 15, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
The Rays accomplished something only three other teams have done in baseball history with Friday’s shutout win against the Yankees.
Aug 13, 2014, 9:17 AM EST
Twelve days ago the Tigers had the best rotation in baseball. Today they’re starting a dude named “Buck Farmer.”
Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 AM EST
The Kansas City Royals are in first place. In mid-August. This is nor a drill.
Aug 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
Casey Janssen blew a save for the Blue Jays last night. Today it was Joe Nathan’s turn.
Aug 8, 2014, 12:03 PM EST
For what it says about the Cubs, not what it says about the Phillies or Cole Hamels.
Aug 6, 2014, 8:38 AM EST
The future arrived for the Chicago Cubs last night. At least a very important part of it. And Javier Baez delivered when it mattered most.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:59 AM EST
He was excellent on Tuesday night. And he showed why the Tigers will be better for having him every other night.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Welcome to the Tigers, David Price. Welcome to the big leagues Javier Baez.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:58 AM EST
It would be great if the story was true, but it didn’t go down as originally reported.
Aug 1, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
But the determining factor was likely the Rays’ belief that they can contend in 2015.
Aug 1, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
The Royals just had an infuriating trade deadline day.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)