Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 5, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
The A’s have strongly positioned themselves for another run in October after their trade with the Cubs, but they also considered a deal for the Rays’ David Price.
Jul 4, 2014, 11:38 PM EDT
Billy Beane gets a jump on the trade market by parting with Addison Russell, Billy McKinney.
Jul 4, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Outfield prospect Billy McKinney and right-hander Dan Straily also on the move to the Cubs.
Dirk Hayhurst implies “pillow-case-sized” bag of weed taken in 2011 Evan Longoria-David Price robbery
Jul 4, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Dirk Hayhurst’s latest piece for Sports on Earth doesn’t name any names, but it hardly needs to. In it, he indicates that the March 2011 incident in which a house shared by Rays players Evan Longoria, David Price and Reid Brignac was robbed also featured a “pillow-case-sized” bag of weed.
Jun 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
And he’s right.
Jun 26, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
Tim Lincecum’s no-hitter reminded me of something.
Jun 22, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times had this to say in a column posted late Saturday night about the budding David Price trade market: “It has become increasingly obvious that the Rays likely — if not absolutely, positively — are going to trade Price over the next 5 1/2 weeks until the July 31 deadline.”
Jun 20, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
George Springer hit a tape-measure home run off of the catwalk at Tropicana Field against David Price on Friday night.
Jun 20, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
The Rays are expected to shop David Price, and plenty of scouts are in attendance for Friday’s start against the Astros.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
Jun 13, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Home plate umpire Mark Ripperger had a quick trigger to eject Roberto Hernandez from the game after he hit Starlin Castro with a fastball.
Jun 10, 2014, 6:28 AM EDT
Lonnie Chisenhall went 5 for 5 with 3 home runs and 9 RBI. Mercy.
Jun 9, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
That’s 13 losses in 14 games for Tampa Bay.
Jun 7, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the Rays finally getting back in the win column.
Jun 5, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
Turn out the lights, the party’s over.
Jun 4, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
“I guess the rules are not for everyone.”
Jun 3, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
MLB has suspended Red Sox right-hander Brandon Workman six games for throwing a pitch at Rays third baseman Evan Longoria on Friday.
May 31, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
David Ortiz made some stirring comments about David Price to the media after Friday’s game. Price responded on Saturday.
May 31, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
David Ortiz ripped David Price after he was hit by a pitch during Friday’s game.
May 30, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
There is a lot of bad blood between the Red Sox and Rays. Things boiled over on Friday night.
May 24, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
The Red Sox haven’t been enjoying the last week and a half of baseball.
May 24, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
The Red Sox are going to be short-handed as they attempt to snap their eight-game losing streak.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EDT
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 14, 2014, 8:47 AM EDT
This is the most Rays thing ever.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)