Mar 26, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Archer will be the first pitcher other than David Price or James Shields to start Opening Day for the Rays since 2007.
Mar 23, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Strasburg has started Opening Day for the Nationals in each of the past three seasons.
Mar 22, 2015, 2:24 PM EDT
Some good news this weekend out of Rays camp …
Mar 20, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“I have to make a decision based on baseball and what’s best for the 2015 Tigers.”
Mar 20, 2015, 10:04 AM EDT
David Price has been tweeting these today, so it’s practically news.
Mar 16, 2015, 1:14 PM EDT
Can the Tigers win a fifth straight AL Central title?
Mar 15, 2015, 11:43 AM EDT
Rays left-hander Drew Smyly is making progress in his recovery from shoulder tendinitis, but he has not yet resumed throwing off a mound and looks to be running out of time.
Mar 8, 2015, 10:35 AM EDT
Drew Smyly is being viewed by many as a potential breakout candidate for the 2015 season, but this bit of news may throw a wrench into all of that …
Mar 7, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Tigers haven’t approached David Price about an extension yet, but the lefty expects them to do so sooner rather than later.
Mar 6, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Daniel Murphy suffered a scare on Friday afternoon when he was hit on the hand with a pitch, but early results have been positive.
Mar 6, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
Beaned on Tuesday, plunked on Friday. Not the best week for Murph.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Now that David Price is out of the picture the Rays need a new Opening Day starter.
Feb 22, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Most players like to cut off contract negotiations once the regular season begins, but David Price would listen to offers if the Tigers want to talk.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Feb 6, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
Former top prospect Josh Vitters has signed with a new club on a minor league deal.
Jan 23, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The first half of this season will mean a lot to both the Tigers and David Price’s future with them.
Jan 16, 2015, 1:11 PM EDT
Price is 30 healthy starts away from getting $150 million or more (and maybe a lot more) on the open market as a free agent.
Jan 8, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
Could the Cardinals be gearing up for a big late-offseason splash?
Jan 4, 2015, 6:04 PM EDT
MLB tested a pitch-clock rule in the Arizona Fall League, but it’s unlikely to be adopted for the 2015 season.
Dec 9, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
Good news for Scherzer’s agent.
Nov 17, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
“We’ll just wait and see what happens.”
Nov 5, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Led by Justin Verlander at $28 million.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:41 PM EDT
Sunday’s hero is now tied for fourth among active players.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
The Orioles are headed to the ALCS after sweeping the Tigers in the ALDS with a 2-1 Game 3 win on Sunday.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)