Jun 13, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
Home plate umpire Mark Ripperger had a quick trigger to eject Roberto Hernandez from the game after he hit Starlin Castro with a fastball.
Jun 10, 2014, 6:28 AM EST
Lonnie Chisenhall went 5 for 5 with 3 home runs and 9 RBI. Mercy.
Jun 9, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
That’s 13 losses in 14 games for Tampa Bay.
Jun 7, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the Rays finally getting back in the win column.
Jun 5, 2014, 10:32 AM EST
Turn out the lights, the party’s over.
Jun 4, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
“I guess the rules are not for everyone.”
Jun 3, 2014, 3:25 PM EST
MLB has suspended Red Sox right-hander Brandon Workman six games for throwing a pitch at Rays third baseman Evan Longoria on Friday.
May 31, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
David Ortiz made some stirring comments about David Price to the media after Friday’s game. Price responded on Saturday.
May 31, 2014, 9:52 AM EST
David Ortiz ripped David Price after he was hit by a pitch during Friday’s game.
May 30, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
There is a lot of bad blood between the Red Sox and Rays. Things boiled over on Friday night.
May 24, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
The Red Sox haven’t been enjoying the last week and a half of baseball.
May 24, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
The Red Sox are going to be short-handed as they attempt to snap their eight-game losing streak.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EST
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 14, 2014, 8:47 AM EST
This is the most Rays thing ever.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EST
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 11, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Mike Moustakas, the Royals’ first-round pick in the 2007 draft, could find himself back in Triple-A as he is entering his fourth season with very little offensive success.
Apr 28, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Adam Dunn made a nice gesture for a rookie who made his debut yesterday.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:35 AM EST
Pitching porn in Atlanta. Graphic, hard core pitching porn.
Apr 14, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The other owners will have to ratify the move at their next meeting, but as of yesterday it’s all but official: the Braves now own the Nationals.
Apr 1, 2014, 5:50 AM EST
Does winning on Opening Day mean anything? I dunno, ask Oakland and Seattle.
Mar 28, 2014, 1:25 AM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Tampa Bay Rays. The Big Question: Is this a championship offense? The Rays have led the American League in ERA…
Mar 17, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Arizona Diamondbacks. The Big Question: Can the Diamondbacks withstand the injury to Patrick Corbin and get over the .500…
Mar 12, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
Bovada released its player prop bets for the 2014 season on Wednesday, providing odds on the AL and NL MVP and Cy Young races, as well as MLB’s home run leader. Here’s a look at what I consider to be the best bets in each category. Please do note, though, all information here is for…
Mar 2, 2014, 12:25 PM EST
The Mariners’ signing of Robinson Cano to a ten-year, $240 million was supposed to be the kick-off to a wild off-season. When the news died down, the Mariners were reported to have shown interest in trading for Rays ace David Price, and signing free agents Matt Garza and/or Nelson Cruz. GM Jack Zduriencik only ended…
Feb 25, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reported Monday that the Mets have been discussing a possible Nick Franklin trade with the Mariners since December’s Winter Meetings, but Jon Heyman of CBS Sports is now hearing from a source that the Rays are also in the Franklin hunt and “actually match up better” with Seattle’s current…
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)