Aug 28, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
MLB.com strung together video of all nine hits, which is weirdly mesmerizing to watch.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
The Tigers entered play Wednesday night trailing the Royals by 1 1/2 games in the American League Central standings and were hoping to get another strong start from trade deadline acquisition David Price, who tossed eight innings of one-run ball last week in Tampa Bay. Price did not come through.
Aug 24, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Athletics have claimed Rays shortstop Yunel Escobar off revocable waivers. The two teams have until 1 p.m. ET on Tuesday to work out a trade.
Aug 23, 2014, 10:12 AM EDT
Many around the game were underwhelmed when the Rays acquired Drew Smyly, Nick Franklin, and Willy Adames in the three-team David Price deal last month. It will probably take years before we can make a fair assessment, but the early returns are positive for Tampa Bay.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:33 AM EDT
Another Washington walkoff. Another dominant Clayton Kershaw start. And some unusual stuff happened too.
Aug 21, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
But not the best among major league starters this season.
Aug 21, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
One unearned run was all he allowed against his old mates. Tough way to lose.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Doug Fister was a perfectly useful pitcher for Detroit, but he didn’t show up on the radar gun. Now, Fister is leading the National not the playoffs while the Tigers are fighting to stay alive.
Aug 16, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
The Mariners have won five straight games while the Tigers have dropped seven out of their last 10.
Aug 15, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
The Rays accomplished something only three other teams have done in baseball history with Friday’s shutout win against the Yankees.
Aug 13, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
Twelve days ago the Tigers had the best rotation in baseball. Today they’re starting a dude named “Buck Farmer.”
Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 AM EDT
The Kansas City Royals are in first place. In mid-August. This is nor a drill.
Aug 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Casey Janssen blew a save for the Blue Jays last night. Today it was Joe Nathan’s turn.
Aug 8, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
For what it says about the Cubs, not what it says about the Phillies or Cole Hamels.
Aug 6, 2014, 8:38 AM EDT
The future arrived for the Chicago Cubs last night. At least a very important part of it. And Javier Baez delivered when it mattered most.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:59 AM EDT
He was excellent on Tuesday night. And he showed why the Tigers will be better for having him every other night.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
Welcome to the Tigers, David Price. Welcome to the big leagues Javier Baez.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
It would be great if the story was true, but it didn’t go down as originally reported.
Aug 1, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
But the determining factor was likely the Rays’ belief that they can contend in 2015.
Aug 1, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
The Royals just had an infuriating trade deadline day.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
For the second time in 22 months, Ben Cherington must find a way to turn a last place team into a winner — and fast.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:34 AM EDT
For the Tigers, today is all that matters.
Aug 1, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
He’s probably the fifth starter on this Tigers team at the moment. So why not?
Aug 1, 2014, 6:35 AM EDT
A good day for Clayton Kershaw. A bad day for Cliff Lee, Tyler Skaggs and Eric Hosmer.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 60
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)