Dec 14, 2014, 12:26 AM EST
Melky Cabrera is headed to the White Sox on a three-year deal, pending a physical.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:34 AM EST
Houston failed to land free agent relievers Andrew Miller or David Robertson, but the Astros have snagged their No. 3 bullpen target.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
After getting passed over by Andrew Miller and David Robertson, the Astros are now talking to Sergio Romo and Luke Gregerson.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:14 AM EST
The Yankees were not, apparently, as “heavily invested” in Robertson as some were saying.
Dec 9, 2014, 12:42 AM EST
As first reported by USA Today’s Bob Nightengale, the White Sox have agreed to terms on a four-year pact with free agent reliever David Robertson. CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman says it’s worth $46 million.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:43 PM EST
The Yankees just made a big commitment to a free agent reliever, signing left-hander Andrew Miller last Friday to a four-year, $36 million contract. But they’re not done addressing the back end of their bullpen.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 7, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
The Astros made a big push to sign free agent reliever Andrew Miller before he settled on a four-year, $36 million contract offer from the Yankees. Now the Houston front office is focusing its effort and its budget on a different late-inning option.
Dec 5, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
With Andrew Miller and Dellin Betances at the back of their bullpen, the Yankees are prepared to move on if David Robertson doesn’t reduce his sticker price.
Dec 5, 2014, 6:07 PM EST
Andrew Miller had a four-year, $40 million offer on the table but decided to sign with the Yankees for 4/$36 million.
Dec 5, 2014, 3:42 PM EST
One of the best relievers on the market is heading to New York.
Dec 1, 2014, 9:51 PM EST
Romo is coming off an up-and-down year in which he was yanked from the Giants’ closer role.
Nov 30, 2014, 3:35 PM EST
David Robertson is headed for a big payday.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
The Astros, in the market for a top-end closer, have spoken to the agent of David Robertson.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
If the Yankees can’t bring back David Robertson, Jason Grilli could be one option the club could look at.
Nov 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
The Yankees are making it a top priority to bring back closer David Robertson.
Nov 13, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
The Astros have their eyes on a few big name free agent relievers.
Nov 12, 2014, 8:42 PM EST
Andrew Miller is probably the best reliever on the open market this winter and his free agency is not tied to draft pick compensation like, say, David Robertson, so he is setting his sights sky-high.
Nov 12, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
That’s $50 million over four years to you and me.
Nov 10, 2014, 5:33 PM EST
Nov 10, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
He’s still able to re-sign with the Yankees, if he wants to.
Nov 10, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
Will David Robertson accept his to stay with the Yankees? Will anyone?
Nov 3, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
A total of 12 players got a qualifying offer, but will any accept?
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)