Aug 16, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Schwarber, 22, is batting .315/.403/.586 with eight home runs and 27 RBI over his first 33 major league games. And the Cubs hold the longest current winning streak in the majors at nine games.
Aug 7, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
Who’s the Cubs’ starting catcher now?
Aug 1, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Kyle Schwarber is staying in the big leagues when Miguel Montero returns, which is bad news for opposing pitchers.
Jul 25, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
Odubel Herrera made the final out of Cole Hamels’ no-hitter against the Cubs on Saturday as dramatic as possible.
Jul 25, 2015, 5:53 PM EDT
Cole Hamels is dealing against the Cubs in what could be his final start as a member of the Phillies.
Jul 4, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
Ross, 38, is batting .189/.302/.284 over 87 plate appearances this season.
Jun 9, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Watch as Tigers center fielder Rajai Davis calmly takes one away from the Cubs’ David Ross …
Jun 1, 2015, 6:39 AM EDT
Not gonna lie, there are some morbid thoughts in a couple of these recaps. But there’s also Bartolo Colon hitting an RBI double and if that’s not life-affirming, nothing is.
May 10, 2015, 10:01 AM EDT
Cubs backup catcher David Ross was called on to pitch the final inning of Saturday night’s 12-4 loss to the Brewers, and he retired all three batters he faced. Here’s the third out …
Apr 5, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
The game will be broadcast on ESPN2. First pitch at Wrigley Field is scheduled for 8:05 p.m. ET.
Dec 27, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
David Ross recently took Rob Bradford of WEEI.com behind the scenes of how he landed a two-year, $5 million contract with the Cubs.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 23, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal was first to report that a deal was in place between the Cubs and veteran catcher David Ross, and now that agreement has been made official …
Dec 19, 2014, 5:18 PM EDT
Jon Lester now has a personal catcher.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
The Padres have made a flurry of moves in the past few days. It may help them win some more baseball games. But it will undeniably fire up a fan base that has had nothing to get excited about for years.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
One player the Padres did NOT get.
Dec 10, 2014, 1:34 AM EDT
Lester will try to bring the North Side its first World Series victory since 1908.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:19 PM EDT
For someone who batted just .184 this past season, veteran catcher David Ross is pretty popular right now.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Both will be 38 in the 2015 season.
Nov 9, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Russell Martin will reject his $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Pirates as he searches to strike big with a multi-year deal.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:14 AM EDT
The Royals salvage one and their hopes of an AL Central title remain alive.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
This is the largest division lead for the Orioles since way back on September 22, 1979.
Aug 2, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
David Ross, suffering from plantar fasciitis in his right foot, has been placed on the 15-day disabled list. The Red Sox called up Dan Butler to take his spot on the roster.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
For the second time in 22 months, Ben Cherington must find a way to turn a last place team into a winner — and fast.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)