Aug 26, 2015, 7:43 AM EDT
Apparently Carlos Gomez doesn’t play the game the right way. Such a criticism would have more weight from a team that didn’t get beat by 14 runs. I mean, how is THAT playing correctly?
Aug 18, 2015, 6:51 AM EDT
Other than a pitcher getting a comebacker to the face and a couple of walkoffs, it was kind of a quiet and boring night around MLB.
Aug 12, 2015, 7:12 AM EDT
All 15 home teams won yesterday. That has never happened since there have been 30 teams in baseball. Madison Bumgarner pitched fantastically. That happens all the time.
Jul 26, 2015, 1:10 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro reports that Marlins second baseman Dee Gordon is scheduled to play in his first minor league rehab game on Sunday afternoon with High-A Jupiter and could be cleared to return from the disabled list on Tuesday if all goes well.
Jul 17, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
So much for avoiding the disabled list.
Jul 14, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
First pitch is 8:15. Here is everything you need to know.
Jul 13, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Some interesting choices by managers Ned Yost and Bruce Bochy.
Jul 13, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
“Not as bad as it could have been.”
Jul 11, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Marlins president David Samson and manager Dan Jennings felt that Adeiny Hechavarria, not Troy Tulowitzki, should have been Dee Gordon’s replacement on the NL All-Star roster.
Jul 11, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
In the latest amendment to the All-Star rosters, Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki has been announced as the replacement for Marlins second baseman Dee Gordon.
Jul 11, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
Things get worse in Miami as Dee Gordon dislocated his thumb sliding into first base to beat out a single.
Jul 5, 2015, 7:48 PM EDT
Find out who made the starting rosters for the AL and NL squads in the 2015 All-Star Game. Spoiler: no Omar Infante.
Jul 1, 2015, 7:31 AM EDT
Shutouts are rare in baseball these days. M’s rookie Mike Montgomery has two in a row.
Jun 30, 2015, 8:26 PM EDT
Watch as Dee Gordon belts a ball into the right-center field gap and turns on the jets …
Jun 29, 2015, 11:45 PM EDT
Hamilton now has 40 stolen bases on the year, which is more than 15 MLB teams. You are reading that correctly.
Jun 27, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Watch Adeiny Hechavarria and Dee Gordon turn a stellar double play against the Dodgers.
Jun 22, 2015, 7:27 AM EDT
A big day for J.D. Martinez, who fell just short of Pulling a Whitten. Which is a thing I’ve just invented.
Jun 21, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
Click if you want to see Aroldis Chapman throw a 103 MPH fastball. You know you want to.
Jun 9, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
And zero Kansas City Royals!
Jun 1, 2015, 4:40 PM EDT
If he eats a Kit Kat like this, what ELSE is he doing wrong?
May 23, 2015, 11:43 AM EDT
Things are really ugly with the Marlins right now, both on and off the field.
May 23, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
The Marlins have lost eight games in a row and are now 0-5 under new manager Dan Jennings, but at least Dee Gordon is doing some cool things.
May 14, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Your mid-50s-year-old drunk uncle who peaked during Reagan’s first term and has hated everything since has some questions about Corey Kluber’s toughness.
May 13, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
A look at which teams are getting the most, and least, from each spot in the lineup.
Apr 30, 2015, 7:36 AM EDT
An empty park, a lefty whining about the shift and me whining about people whining about the “marine layer.”
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 6
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 65
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 62
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)