Aug 14, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Orioles rookie Jonathan Schoop homered against the Yankees last night for the second straight game and the 23-year-old infielder has hit .379 with four homers, two doubles, and a 1.262 OPS in nine games versus New York.
Aug 8, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
David Robertson has been fantastic taking over for Mariano Rivera as the Yankees’ closer, converting 31-of-33 save chances with a 2.62 ERA, .191 opponents’ batting average, and 71 strikeouts in 45 innings.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
Stephen Drew hadn’t felt the joy of a base hit since June 17. He was able to end the drought with a ground-rule double against the Yankees on Friday night.
Jun 6, 2014, 6:08 AM EDT
The Giants and Jays keep rolling merrily along. And Travis Wood [all together now] helps his own cause.
May 16, 2014, 6:48 AM EDT
YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff!
May 15, 2014, 9:43 PM EDT
Yankees right-hander Dellin Betances just wrapped up one of the most dominant relief outings one can possibly have.
Apr 8, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
David Robertson was the easy choice to replace Mariano Rivera as the Yankees’ closer, but now that Robertson is out with a groin injury manager Joe Girardi isn’t sure who’ll be taking over ninth-inning duties.
Dec 28, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
It’s quite clear by now that the Cubs are going to trade Matt Garza this winter as part of a larger rebuilding effort. Where he will land, of course, is yet to be determined. But here’s a hint: The Red Sox have also shown serious interest in Garza, and would do well to add a…
Dec 12, 2011, 9:32 AM EDT
The White Sox and Red Sox met last week to discuss John Danks. Nothing came of it. Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees talked with the White Sox too and, get this, the White Sox demanded for and two of the following three players: Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances or Jesus Montero. Not bloody likely. That’s similar…
Dec 7, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
6:10 p.m. EDT: Susan Slusser is back with a report that the Blue Jays are trying to acquire Gio Gonzalez. Add them to the list that includes the Diamondbacks, Nationals, Reds and maybe still the Tigers and Yankees. 12:25 p.m. EDT: CBS Sports’ Danny Knobler reports that the Tigers weren’t prepared to pay the price for Gonzalez,…
Dec 6, 2011, 11:30 PM EDT
It’s deja vu all over again. A day after the report that the White Sox asked the Yankees for Jesus Montero and Manny Banuelos in return for John Danks comes word from Bob Klapisch that the A’s wanted the same package in Gio Gonzalez trade talks. Which at least is somewhat justifiable. Gonzalez is better than…
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 25
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 41
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)