Apr 25, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
It’s of utmost importance that this happens.
Apr 3, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
David Robertson replaced Mariano Rivera as the Yankees’ closer last season, but now who replaces Robertson?
Mar 25, 2015, 3:26 PM EDT
“Last year in spring training I trusted it more.”
Mar 25, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
This could be the worst Yankees team in 25 years. It’s also a team that could sneak up and snag a wild card. With the 2015 Yankees, almost all things are possible. For better or worse.
Feb 6, 2015, 12:35 PM EDT
A lot of folks, actually. His manager, his general manager and the team’s broadcaster, for example.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:43 PM EDT
The Yankees just made a big commitment to a free agent reliever, signing left-hander Andrew Miller last Friday to a four-year, $36 million contract. But they’re not done addressing the back end of their bullpen.
Dec 5, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
With Andrew Miller and Dellin Betances at the back of their bullpen, the Yankees are prepared to move on if David Robertson doesn’t reduce his sticker price.
Dec 5, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
Andrew Miller had a four-year, $40 million offer on the table but decided to sign with the Yankees for 4/$36 million.
Dec 5, 2014, 3:42 PM EDT
One of the best relievers on the market is heading to New York.
Dec 1, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
They could be offering him four years.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
The Astros, in the market for a top-end closer, have spoken to the agent of David Robertson.
Nov 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
The Yankees are making it a top priority to bring back closer David Robertson.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
Joins Albert Pujols, Evan Longoria and Mike Trout as unanimous winners.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Nov 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
It seems really unlikely that the Yankees will retain their closer. This is probably not a horrible thing for the Yankees.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 27, 2014, 12:19 PM EDT
Armed with a mid-to-high 90s fastball and an unhittable curveball, Betances has posted a 1.40 ERA in 70 appearances this season to go along with an astounding 135 strikeouts over 90 innings.
Aug 14, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Orioles rookie Jonathan Schoop homered against the Yankees last night for the second straight game and the 23-year-old infielder has hit .379 with four homers, two doubles, and a 1.262 OPS in nine games versus New York.
Aug 8, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
David Robertson has been fantastic taking over for Mariano Rivera as the Yankees’ closer, converting 31-of-33 save chances with a 2.62 ERA, .191 opponents’ batting average, and 71 strikeouts in 45 innings.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
Stephen Drew hadn’t felt the joy of a base hit since June 17. He was able to end the drought with a ground-rule double against the Yankees on Friday night.
Jun 6, 2014, 6:08 AM EDT
The Giants and Jays keep rolling merrily along. And Travis Wood [all together now] helps his own cause.
May 16, 2014, 6:48 AM EDT
YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff!
May 15, 2014, 9:43 PM EDT
Yankees right-hander Dellin Betances just wrapped up one of the most dominant relief outings one can possibly have.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)