Jul 18, 2014, 7:39 PM EDT
Some weirdness from our first night back after the break.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
Jul 2, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Matt Williams met with Bryce Harper yesterday and then made a concerted effort to diffuse any notion of perceived animosity between the Nationals manager and his 21-year-old star.
Jul 1, 2014, 6:34 AM EDT
Every ten years or so, the Tigers get a walkoff grand slam. Like, every ten years or so, basically to the week.
Jun 30, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Bryce Harper believes the Nationals would be better off with a different lineup than the one Matt Williams put together for his return on Monday.
Jun 27, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
In his defense, he does have a pretty face. He’s a really handsome guy.
Jun 23, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
“Ryan Zimmerman sounded like a guy that didn’t want to go back to third base.”
Jun 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Sadly it’s just a metaphorical one.
Jun 10, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
Don’t look now, but the Nats are poised to take control of the NL East.
Jun 5, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Bryce Harper has not yet been cleared to catch fly balls or take swings six weeks after surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left thumb, but Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that the Nationals are hoping to have him back in the lineup by July 1.
Jun 3, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence, Denard.
Jun 3, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
And he’s probably going to be playing some left field.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 18, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
But whaddaya do with Bryce Harper?
May 15, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Aaron Hicks was handed an Opening Day job both last season and this season, but now the 24-year-old center fielder is in danger of playing himself back to the minors and the Twins are talking publicly about his lack of preparation.
May 8, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Sam Fuld has been playing since crashing into the outfield wall last Friday, but this morning he woke up with a severe headache and the Twins have placed him on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
May 7, 2014, 5:37 PM EDT
Style never goes out of style.
May 2, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Denard Span didn’t take kindly to an inside fastball Cliff Lee threw after the umpire didn’t grant Span a timeout. The benches emptied, but no violence ensued.
May 2, 2014, 3:26 PM EDT
Aaron Hicks left last night’s game after slamming his head into the outfield wall and now the Twins have placed the center fielder on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
Apr 21, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
The Unwritten Rules strike again. Plus, I wish you all a happy Spring Thanksgiving.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Denard Span had no issues during a brief minor league rehab assignment.
Apr 13, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
It sounds like Denard Span’s concussion is fairly minor (if a brain injury can ever be considered minor).
Apr 12, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
Nationals outfielder Denard Span suffered a concussion when he collided with Braves second baseman Dan Uggla last night.
Apr 4, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
D-Backs first baseman Paul Goldschmidt is nearly halfway to what is arguably baseball’s most unbreakable record.
Apr 1, 2014, 5:50 AM EDT
Does winning on Opening Day mean anything? I dunno, ask Oakland and Seattle.
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 1
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 7
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 60
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 26
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 54
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 161
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (161)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)