Apr 21, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
The 24-year-old former first-round pick was diagnosed with a sprained MCL in early March and the Nationals had been easing him back into action this month at their spring training complex in Viera, Florida.
Apr 19, 2015, 11:57 AM EDT
Span underwent surgery for a sports hernia in December and then needed a followup procedure for a core muscle injury in early March.
Apr 14, 2015, 1:43 PM EDT
Michael Taylor has been filling in as the Nationals’ center fielder and leadoff man.
Apr 11, 2015, 7:55 PM EDT
Werth played in a doubleheader Saturday as part of a minor league rehab assignment and could be activated from the disabled list Monday.
Apr 4, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
Werth continues to make solid progress from January surgery to repair the AC joint in his right shoulder.
Apr 1, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Rendon injured the knee on March 9.
Mar 30, 2015, 6:02 PM EDT
That Nationals don’t need another injury. But they may have one.
Mar 30, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
In exchange for Matt den Dekker.
Mar 17, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Rendon suffered the sprained MCL on March 9.
Mar 16, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
What’s in store for the Washington Nationals in 2015?
Mar 13, 2015, 10:10 AM EDT
Rendon was one of the best all-around players in the league last season as a 24-year-old.
Mar 9, 2015, 10:17 AM EDT
Span is definitely out for Opening Day and may miss the entire first month of the season.
Mar 1, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Bryce Harper wants to do more to help out on offense for the Nationals.
Dec 17, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Wil Myers’ replacement in Tampa Bay?
Dec 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
“Everyone thinks you just go over to first base and kind of hide him there, but it’s a tough position.”
Dec 13, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
Nationals GM Mike Rizzo said Harper skipped NatsFest today due to his upcoming grievance hearing against the team.
Oct 30, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Both players are now free agents.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
After a disappointing first season in Washington he bounced back to hit .302 with 31 steals and a .771 OPS, leading the league with 184 hits.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 7, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Gio Gonzalez vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 6, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Doug Fister vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 6, 2014, 9:42 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman is likely to get the start today. Who sits? Harper, Denard Span or Adam LaRoche?
Oct 5, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
Matt Williams says he kicked himself “all night” for taking out Jordan Zimmermann with two outs in the ninth inning in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Giants on Saturday night. But was his decision really wrong?
Oct 5, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
The Giants very nearly lost Game 2 of the NLDS against the Nationals, but rallied with two outs in the ninth inning to force a tie before finally emerging victorious after 18 innings thanks to a Brandon Belt solo home run.
Oct 4, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
Tim Hudson vs. Jordan Zimmermann.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 46
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)