Aug 18, 2015, 6:51 AM EDT
Other than a pitcher getting a comebacker to the face and a couple of walkoffs, it was kind of a quiet and boring night around MLB.
Aug 3, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Time for a little Loria bashing to brighten up your Monday.
Jul 25, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
The Marlins are open to trading Derek Dietrich, who is under team control through 2019.
Jun 22, 2015, 7:27 AM EDT
A big day for J.D. Martinez, who fell just short of Pulling a Whitten. Which is a thing I’ve just invented.
Jun 21, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
Click if you want to see Aroldis Chapman throw a 103 MPH fastball. You know you want to.
Jun 4, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Derek Dietrich has been the Marlins’ starting second baseman since being called up from the minors in the middle of last season and he’s actually hit well this year with a .773 OPS in 41 games, but he’s been demoted back to Triple-A because the team thinks his defense is terrible.
May 3, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
The Marlins signed Rafael Furcal to be their starting second baseman, but his health continues to work against him.
Apr 26, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Rafael Furcal, seemingly always injured, suffered another setback as he attempts to rejoin the Marlins.
Apr 14, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Rafael Furcal will begin a rehab assignment tonight and could join the Marlins in early May if all goes well.
Mar 27, 2014, 12:19 PM EDT
After missing all of last season following Tommy John elbow surgery Rafael Furcal signed a one-year, $3 million deal with the Marlins, but his comeback has hit an immediate snag. Furcal hasn’t played since March 15 because of a strained hamstring, so he’ll begin the season on the disabled list and either Jeff Baker or…
Jul 28, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Amid allegations from several Marlins players that hitting coach Tino Martinez resorted to both physical and verbal abuse, the former Yankee star resigned from his position. John Pierson was named the interim hitting coach. Pierson had been serving the team as the organization’s Minor League field director. Martinez had offered to resign when the organization…
Jul 28, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
UPDATE, 4:07 p.m. ET: Well that didn’t take long. Spencer reports that Martinez has resigned from the Marlins. ********************* You can understand how a hitting coach might be upset with a team that has registered a collective .233/.292/.337 batting line. But this is — at any level of baseball — taking it too far: Marlins hitting…
Jul 23, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
Most teams would feel embarrassed after getting shut out in an entire series the way the Marlins were by the Brewers. The Marlins, though, seem more impervious to public sentiment than most, so it wouldn’t have been shocking if they just stood pat and hoped to bounce back they way they seemed to throughout June…
Jul 22, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
The Marlins are finally back on the board. Giancarlo Stanton hit an RBI double off left-hander Drew Pomeranz in the top of the first inning tonight against the Rockies, snapping a streak of 37 consecutive scoreless innings for the Marlins. It was the team’s first run since Derek Dietrich drove in two runs in the…
Jul 13, 2013, 10:42 AM EDT
Stephen Strasburg entered last night’s action having allowed seven earned runs combined over his last four starts. So of course he gave up a career-high seven earned runs over just two innings in an 8-3 loss to the last-place Marlins. Baseball, man. After being handed a quick 3-0 lead, Strasburg really struggled with his control…
May 26, 2013, 10:33 AM EDT
Yes, he was facing the worst team in the major leagues. But it was still an impressive outing. Jake Peavy pitched all nine innings Saturday in Chicago’s 2-1 victory over the Marlins, fanning five batters and allowing only six hits in his second consecutive 117-pitch start. It was his 14th career complete game, and he…
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 33
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 71
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (189)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)