Aug 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Jake Arrieta looked great last night. At least during his no-hitter. Afterward? Well, at least he looked comfortable.
Aug 30, 2015, 8:56 AM EDT
Your box scores and AP recaps from Saturday …
Apr 10, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
The injury bug bites the Rangers again.
Apr 10, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
It never ends for the Rangers.
Apr 10, 2015, 4:40 PM EDT
Apr 6, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
Rodriguez was released by the Braves last week after missing out on a rotation spot, but he has quickly found a new opportunity.
Apr 2, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Will this get worse before it gets better?
Mar 26, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
It will be Gallardo’s sixth straight Opening Day start and first as a member of the Rangers.
Mar 20, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Cole Hamels figures to be a hot topic of conversation between now and the July 31 trade deadline as the Phillies continue to rebuild.
Mar 7, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The Rangers aren’t expected to trade for Dillon Gee or Cole Hamels following the Yu Darvish news.
Feb 9, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Know we know which injured Texas Ranger is doing better.
Sep 28, 2014, 1:29 PM EDT
The Mariners were certainly hoping that Derek Holland — who was scratched from his scheduled start Saturday against the A’s due to a migraine headache — would feel well enough to pitch in Sunday’s season finale. But no such luck for Seattle.
Sep 28, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
There are still three undecided races heading into the final day of the regular season: the American League Central, the National League Central, and the second American League Wild Card spot. Let’s get weird.
Sep 28, 2014, 1:15 AM EDT
The Mariners walked off in the 11th inning on Saturday, keeping their Wild Card hopes alive. They can force a tie-breaker with a win and an Athletics loss on Sunday.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 3, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
Almost everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong for the Rangers this season, but getting a healthy Holland back in the rotation would be a huge positive heading into 2015.
Aug 30, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
Derek Holland will make his 2014 debut on Tuesday against the Royals, also helping the Rangers claim a major league record.
Aug 29, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
The injury-ravaged Rangers managed to tie a major league record for all the wrong reasons when they called up Ryan Rua from Triple-A on Friday.
Aug 20, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Derek Holland’s minor-league rehab assignment has been a mixed bag, but after allowing four runs in his latest outing the Rangers left-hander proclaimed himself ready to rejoin the rotation.
Aug 5, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Rangers left-hander Derek Holland was supposed to throw three innings Monday night in his second minor-league rehab start at Triple-A, but instead he lasted just one inning as he comes back from knee surgery.
Jul 27, 2014, 3:41 PM EDT
Rangers left-hander Derek Holland is scheduled to throw a full-effort bullpen session on Monday at Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas. If it goes well Holland will be cleared to embark on a 30-day minor league rehab assignment later in the week.
Jul 8, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
Rangers ace Yu Darvish took a stray batting practice off the side of his head on Tuesday evening, but he’s expected to be fine for his start on Wednesday against the Astros.
Jun 28, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Derek Holland, recovering from knee surgery, won’t know what he’ll be doing until the Rangers return from a road trip on July 7.
Jun 9, 2014, 8:19 PM EDT
The Rangers feel that Derek Holland needs to work on strengthening his left leg after knee surgery, so a rehab assignment will have to wait.
Jun 6, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Good news has been hard to come by for the Rangers, but they could get Derek Holland back at the end of June or the beginning of July.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 20
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 107
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (119)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)