Dec 7, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that the Braves have expressed interest in signing free agent Stephen Drew to play second base.
Dec 7, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
Didi Gregorius was called “a young Derek Jeter” a couple of summers ago by former Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers and now that the 24-year-old shortstop is actually going to be playing in pinstripes — via last week’s three-team trade — the pressure is on him to in some ways meet that hype.
Dec 5, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Gregorius has definitely struggled versus lefties, hitting just .184 off them.
Dec 5, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
It’s not just The Man who Would Replace Derek Jeter in this deal. But let’s talk about that for a second too.
Derek Jeter’s replacement: Yankees acquire Diamondbacks shortstop Didi Gregorius in three-team trade
Dec 5, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
“When I saw him he reminded me of a young Derek Jeter.”
Dec 4, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
Um, yeah, no.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
DiMaggio was great. But, according to baseball historian John Thorn, explaining the love for DiMaggio requires “analysis from Dr. Freud rather than Branch Rickey.”
Nov 22, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Are they looking to hire a caddie?
Nov 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Andrus has an eight-year, $120 million contract that doesn’t even start until 2015.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Elvis Andrus is slimming down.
Oct 10, 2014, 3:06 PM EDT
Long has been New York’s hitting coach since 2007.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:41 PM EDT
Sunday’s hero is now tied for fourth among active players.
Oct 3, 2014, 2:03 PM EDT
Deify a guy for 20 years and the moment he’s not of use to you — bam! — go after him. Sounds about right.
Oct 3, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
I’ll be out for the rest of the day. I just injured myself laughing.
Oct 1, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
Welp, there’s two reasons he’ll never accept an invitation to my house.
Oct 1, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
He says it will allow athletes a place to talk with “no filter.” In reality, it’s likely to have way, way more filters than what currently exist.
Sep 30, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Nate Silver — a guy who has literally made a living poking holes in people’s dubious analysis — traffics in some of his own.
Sep 28, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Bobby Abreu got to finish out his playing career in style, singling in the fifth inning before being removed for a pinch-runner so he could face a Citi Field crowd giving him a standing ovation.
Sep 28, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
Watch as Derek Jeter ends his career with an RBI infield single Sunday afternoon at Boston’s Fenway Park …
Sep 28, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Well played, Ashley. Well played …
Sep 27, 2014, 4:14 PM EDT
Girardi reportedly ripped some players for being overweight, and others for not being “hungry” enough.
Sep 27, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Like shortstop, Jeter wants to leave Sheppard’s introduction behind at Yankee Stadium.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Derek Jeter got a break last night after his emotional Yankee Stadium finale on Thursday, but he’ll serve as the designated hitter and bat second for this afternoon’s game against the Red Sox at Fenway Park.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)