Sep 20, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
With Derek Jeter’s career coming to an end, the Yankees will open the gates early next week for their final home series of the season.
Sep 20, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
I’m going to guess that the little girl is suffering from Jeter fatigue.
Sep 19, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
What do you get the man who has everything? A bronzed version of the stuff he already has!
Sep 19, 2014, 10:34 AM EDT
Imagine being a person so awful and sour that you feel this is something reasonable to say.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
It’s not dark yet for the Brewers, but it’s getting there. It’s absolutely pitch black for the A’s, though.
Sep 18, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
After snapping an 0-for-28 hitless streak last night, Derek Jeter homered at Yankee Stadium tonight for the first time all season.
Sep 18, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
There will be no more famous players.
Sep 17, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
His worst career slump remains 0-for-32 in 2004.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 16, 2014, 9:49 PM EDT
Derek Jeter’s retirement tour continued on Tuesday night at Tropicana Field with another set of cool gifts. Along with a $16,000 check for his Turn 2 Foundation and a framed Don Zimmer jersey presented by the widow of the former Yankees bench coach, Jeter also got this custom 16-foot pinstriped kayak …
Sep 15, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
If Boog Powell brings you food, you’re living right.
Sep 15, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
This is the kind of question you ask on a long road trip.
Sep 12, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
“He’s sore … he was pretty sore last night, so I’m not sure what we’ll have.”
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 8, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Could we see bundled up umps during next year’s fall classic?
Sep 8, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
They apparently came to bury Derek Jeter, not just praise him.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 7, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Retirement tours aren’t for David Ortiz. The 38-year-old slugger doesn’t plan to drag out his remaining time in the big leagues.
Sep 7, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
It’s Derek Jeter Day at Yankee Stadium and the pregame ceremony was pretty spectacular …
Sep 7, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
Look who showed up at Saturday night’s Michigan vs. Notre Dame football game …
Sep 6, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Wanna buy a rake used by the Yankees grounds crew? Brandon Steiner is your huckleberry.
Sep 4, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Some heads up infield defense for the Red Sox and some head-in-butt base running for the Yankees makes for an interesting play.
Sep 2, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
It’s usually an honor reserved for players who have recently had their number retired, or been elected to the Hall of Fame, or died. But the Yankees want to sell some merchandise, people …
Aug 31, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Is it really a good thing if one’s team is one of only two teams in the last 113 years to have four relatively old players accrue a significant amount of playing time?
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)