Sep 26, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Chris Young, cleanup hitter.
Sep 26, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
He was an on-base machine who racked up 2,469 hits with 288 homers and 400 steals.
Sep 26, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
“Now I can walk away and go to sleep tonight.”
Sep 26, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
It’s the price you pay for greatness.
Sep 26, 2014, 11:21 AM EST
Great Moments in the Memorabilia Industry
Sep 26, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
There were few moments in the Yankees captain’s career like the night on Oct. 31, 2001.
Sep 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Everyone was watching Jeter last night.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 25, 2014, 11:29 PM EST
You wouldn’t blame Derek Jeter if he decided to end his career after tonight’s heroics, but he will play this weekend as the Yankees wrap up their season with a three-game series against the Red Sox in Boston.
Sep 25, 2014, 10:43 PM EST
Could it have ended any other way?
Sep 25, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
In a story that is sure to fly under the radar in the New York media, Mets right-hander Matt Harvey is in attendance for Derek Jeter’s final game at Yankee Stadium tonight.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Career double No. 544 and almost career home run No. 261.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:06 PM EST
Bob Costas shares his thoughts as Derek Jeter wraps up his Hall of Fame career.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 25, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
The same Phil Nevin who, in 1992, was drafted ahead of Derek Jeter. I mean, that’s relevant here, right?
Sep 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Watch as Jenna notes how friggin’ old I am. And also look at the Derek Jeter tribute cap someone sent me that looks like Yankee Stadium threw up on it.
Sep 25, 2014, 1:04 PM EST
This is not a joke post. This is very serious, in fact.
Sep 25, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
I’d like to think we’ll be able to carry on. But I don’t know if we can. Dammit, I JUST DO NOT KNOW.
Sep 25, 2014, 11:22 AM EST
After sixteen years in Chicago and an eighteen year career in the bigs, Paul Konerko is saying goodbye on Sunday.
Sep 25, 2014, 9:15 AM EST
Some guys are star struck.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:18 AM EST
The Dodgers clinch the NL West behind another outstanding performance from Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 24, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Louisville Slugger has never done that before. So I guess that’s something.
Sep 24, 2014, 10:34 AM EST
I assume the rain is really God crying because He will no longer be able to see Derek Jeter play.
Sep 24, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
So far anyway, it sounds like the league is approaching the matter thoughtfully.
Sep 24, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
At least in the eyes of the league. All bets are off for everyone else.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 15
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 53
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 33
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)