Sep 26, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Chris Young, cleanup hitter.
Sep 26, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
He was an on-base machine who racked up 2,469 hits with 288 homers and 400 steals.
Sep 26, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
“Now I can walk away and go to sleep tonight.”
Sep 26, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
It’s the price you pay for greatness.
Sep 26, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
Great Moments in the Memorabilia Industry
Sep 26, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
There were few moments in the Yankees captain’s career like the night on Oct. 31, 2001.
Sep 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Everyone was watching Jeter last night.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 25, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
You wouldn’t blame Derek Jeter if he decided to end his career after tonight’s heroics, but he will play this weekend as the Yankees wrap up their season with a three-game series against the Red Sox in Boston.
Sep 25, 2014, 10:43 PM EDT
Could it have ended any other way?
Sep 25, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
In a story that is sure to fly under the radar in the New York media, Mets right-hander Matt Harvey is in attendance for Derek Jeter’s final game at Yankee Stadium tonight.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Career double No. 544 and almost career home run No. 261.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:06 PM EDT
Bob Costas shares his thoughts as Derek Jeter wraps up his Hall of Fame career.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 25, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The same Phil Nevin who, in 1992, was drafted ahead of Derek Jeter. I mean, that’s relevant here, right?
Sep 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Watch as Jenna notes how friggin’ old I am. And also look at the Derek Jeter tribute cap someone sent me that looks like Yankee Stadium threw up on it.
Sep 25, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
This is not a joke post. This is very serious, in fact.
Sep 25, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
I’d like to think we’ll be able to carry on. But I don’t know if we can. Dammit, I JUST DO NOT KNOW.
Sep 25, 2014, 11:22 AM EDT
After sixteen years in Chicago and an eighteen year career in the bigs, Paul Konerko is saying goodbye on Sunday.
Sep 25, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
Some guys are star struck.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:18 AM EDT
The Dodgers clinch the NL West behind another outstanding performance from Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 24, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Louisville Slugger has never done that before. So I guess that’s something.
Sep 24, 2014, 10:34 AM EDT
I assume the rain is really God crying because He will no longer be able to see Derek Jeter play.
Sep 24, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
So far anyway, it sounds like the league is approaching the matter thoughtfully.
Sep 24, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
At least in the eyes of the league. All bets are off for everyone else.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 1
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 36
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 26
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 60
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)