Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Jul 16, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
That better come with free beer and some pretty amazing snacks. Like hot dogs and nachos, even.
Jul 16, 2014, 9:23 AM EDT
Just because you can go into the clubhouse Joe, doesn’t mean anyone wants you there.
Jul 16, 2014, 7:30 AM EDT
One game score. And one fun little Internet thing.
Jul 16, 2014, 1:55 AM EDT
Adam Wainwright chose to follow baseball’s unwritten rules and salute one of the all-time greats in his final All-Star Game. Somehow, he became the bad guy.
Jul 16, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Among players to debut since 1970, only Cal Ripken Jr. went to more All-Star Games than Tony Gwynn’s 15. Yet MLB chose not to honor the departed Hall of Famer during Tuesday’s contest at Target Field.
Jul 15, 2014, 11:43 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright did an in-game interview with FOX’s Erin Andrews after the eighth inning about his controversial comment that he grooved a pitch to Derek Jeter in the veteran shortstop’s first at-bat of Tuesday night’s MLB All-Star Game. Here’s the dialogue …
Jul 15, 2014, 10:58 PM EDT
Here’s a cool inside look into the American League All-Star clubhouse, where Derek Jeter gave a short speech to his AL All-Star teammates Tuesday evening before his final Midsummer Classic …
Jul 15, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright admits grooving a couple of pitches to Derek Jeter in the veteran shortstop’s final All-Star Game. Jeter doubled off and scored off Wainwright in a three-run inning for the American League.
Jul 15, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
The Captain’s Midsummer Classic Swan Song
Jul 15, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
Just before Derek Jeter’s at-bat in the bottom of the third inning — likely his final plate appearance in an MLB All-Star Game — a group of protesters showed up above the right-field scoreboard at Target Field …
Jul 15, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
Attention Cardinals fans: this thread is for you.
Jul 15, 2014, 6:53 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Mike Trout will be rocking this set of trout-themed baseball cleats in Tuesday night’s 2014 MLB All-Star Game, now available on Nike’s website for a mere $150 …
Jul 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Count on at least two standing ovations for Jeter in his final All-Star Game.
Jul 15, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
Bud took on many of the big issues of the day. Maybe you don’t like what he said, but when Selig talks, baseball listens.
Jul 15, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Midsummer Classic is finally here. Let’s look at what we’ll be looking at this evening.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
In this post is a picture of a moose, a monster truck and a wood-carved Harmon Killebrew.
Jul 14, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Cardinals right-hander Adam Wainwright and Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez have been named the starting pitchers for the All-Star game, and here are the starting lineups they’ll be facing tomorrow night.
Jul 14, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
OK, jokes aside. This is a very well done tribute video to Derek Jeter. Even Mr. Met and Red Sox fans agree.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The last baseball that counts for a few days. Enjoy it, folks.
Derek Jeter: part owner of a company that sells high-tech men’s underwear that refrigerates your genitals
Jul 11, 2014, 8:43 AM EDT
Or, as they are referred to by some: “Tempur-Pedic banana hammocks”
Jul 11, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
The scoreless streak is over for Clayton Kershaw, but the dominance remains.
Jul 10, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Derek Jeter’s farewell tour continued this evening at Progressive Field in Cleveland and the Yankee captain walked away with some pretty cool gifts.
Jul 10, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
It’s a magical realism thing: features a coach putting Jeter at second base.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 240
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (241)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)