Sep 23, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
You can watch here as Bud Selig presents the Commissioner’s Historic Achievement Award to retiring shortstop Derek Jeter on Tuesday evening in the Yankee Stadium press room …
Sep 23, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Every day brings us another bit of weird Derek Jeter weirdness and excess. Why should today be any different?
Sep 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
J.J. Hardy is on the verge of a big payday, but will it be from the Orioles?
Sep 23, 2014, 10:06 AM EST
Really, I can’t make any sense of this.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Sep 22, 2014, 11:36 PM EST
Jeter has caught fire with only days remaining in his career.
Sep 22, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Sep 22, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
About his future. About the press. About the Steinbrenners. About Old Yankee Stadium vs. New Yankee Stadium. But not about A-Rod.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:14 AM EST
The Royals salvage one and their hopes of an AL Central title remain alive.
Sep 20, 2014, 2:29 PM EST
With Derek Jeter’s career coming to an end, the Yankees will open the gates early next week for their final home series of the season.
Sep 20, 2014, 11:29 AM EST
I’m going to guess that the little girl is suffering from Jeter fatigue.
Sep 19, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
What do you get the man who has everything? A bronzed version of the stuff he already has!
Sep 19, 2014, 10:34 AM EST
Imagine being a person so awful and sour that you feel this is something reasonable to say.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
It’s not dark yet for the Brewers, but it’s getting there. It’s absolutely pitch black for the A’s, though.
Sep 18, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
After snapping an 0-for-28 hitless streak last night, Derek Jeter homered at Yankee Stadium tonight for the first time all season.
Sep 18, 2014, 12:41 PM EST
There will be no more famous players.
Sep 17, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
His worst career slump remains 0-for-32 in 2004.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 16, 2014, 9:49 PM EST
Derek Jeter’s retirement tour continued on Tuesday night at Tropicana Field with another set of cool gifts. Along with a $16,000 check for his Turn 2 Foundation and a framed Don Zimmer jersey presented by the widow of the former Yankees bench coach, Jeter also got this custom 16-foot pinstriped kayak …
Sep 15, 2014, 10:51 AM EST
If Boog Powell brings you food, you’re living right.
Sep 15, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
This is the kind of question you ask on a long road trip.
Sep 12, 2014, 2:04 PM EST
“He’s sore … he was pretty sore last night, so I’m not sure what we’ll have.”
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EST
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 8, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
Could we see bundled up umps during next year’s fall classic?
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 18
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)