Jul 30, 2014, 8:22 PM EST
Derek Jeter’s farewell tour continued Wednesday night at Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas with another set of retirement gifts.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
The Phillies are paying the bills for their dynastic run, thanks in large part to Ruben Amaro’s mismanagement.
Jul 28, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
With three hits against the Rangers this evening, Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter has passed Hall of Famer Carl Yastrzemski for seventh-place on baseball’s all-time hit list.
Jul 28, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Do the right thing and good things happen. Not always, but here, yes.
Jul 25, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
Greg Maddux was a magician on the mound, and now he’s going to the Hall of Fame, writes Joe Posnanski.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:24 PM EST
Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter made a little more history on Tuesday night against the Rangers …
Jul 21, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Jeter has been that for so, so long. Who’s next?
Jul 21, 2014, 8:22 AM EST
The Yankees have never once recovered from the end of a Hall of Famer’s career, so it’s utterly impossible to expect that they’ll do it again.
Jul 18, 2014, 10:17 AM EST
Mantle, DiMaggio and Mattingly weren’t zombies in their final seasons. Jeter is not what he used to be. It seems like we’re trying to tell a story to the contrary, however.
Jul 17, 2014, 6:59 AM EST
I still don’t think the lack of a Gwynn tribute was a capital offense. But MLB and Fox’s choice of words here is somewhat ironic.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Jul 16, 2014, 10:10 AM EST
That better come with free beer and some pretty amazing snacks. Like hot dogs and nachos, even.
Jul 16, 2014, 9:23 AM EST
Just because you can go into the clubhouse Joe, doesn’t mean anyone wants you there.
Jul 16, 2014, 7:30 AM EST
One game score. And one fun little Internet thing.
Jul 16, 2014, 1:55 AM EST
Adam Wainwright chose to follow baseball’s unwritten rules and salute one of the all-time greats in his final All-Star Game. Somehow, he became the bad guy.
Jul 16, 2014, 12:03 AM EST
Among players to debut since 1970, only Cal Ripken Jr. went to more All-Star Games than Tony Gwynn’s 15. Yet MLB chose not to honor the departed Hall of Famer during Tuesday’s contest at Target Field.
Jul 15, 2014, 11:43 PM EST
Adam Wainwright did an in-game interview with FOX’s Erin Andrews after the eighth inning about his controversial comment that he grooved a pitch to Derek Jeter in the veteran shortstop’s first at-bat of Tuesday night’s MLB All-Star Game. Here’s the dialogue …
Jul 15, 2014, 10:58 PM EST
Here’s a cool inside look into the American League All-Star clubhouse, where Derek Jeter gave a short speech to his AL All-Star teammates Tuesday evening before his final Midsummer Classic …
Jul 15, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Adam Wainwright admits grooving a couple of pitches to Derek Jeter in the veteran shortstop’s final All-Star Game. Jeter doubled off and scored off Wainwright in a three-run inning for the American League.
Jul 15, 2014, 9:34 PM EST
The Captain’s Midsummer Classic Swan Song
Jul 15, 2014, 9:29 PM EST
Just before Derek Jeter’s at-bat in the bottom of the third inning — likely his final plate appearance in an MLB All-Star Game — a group of protesters showed up above the right-field scoreboard at Target Field …
Jul 15, 2014, 8:47 PM EST
Attention Cardinals fans: this thread is for you.
Jul 15, 2014, 6:53 PM EST
Angels outfielder Mike Trout will be rocking this set of trout-themed baseball cleats in Tuesday night’s 2014 MLB All-Star Game, now available on Nike’s website for a mere $150 …
Jul 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Count on at least two standing ovations for Jeter in his final All-Star Game.
Jul 15, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
Bud took on many of the big issues of the day. Maybe you don’t like what he said, but when Selig talks, baseball listens.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)