May 29, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Everyone else thinking about writing a Derek Jeter hagiography this summer should give up now. You’ll never top this.
May 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
It’s possible guys like Nelson Cruz and Melky Cabrera won’t get a lot of All-Star support because of Biogenesis. It’s also possible they won’t get support because fans didn’t really care about them much to begin with.
May 26, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
And with that, we probably have the only thing he and Pete Rose really have in common.
May 23, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Derek Jeter is very, very sure he doesn’t want to become a manager.
May 23, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
To say Paul Konerko respects Derek Jeter would be an understatement.
May 21, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
They don’t boo nobodies.
May 20, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
The urban legend had Theo Epstein destroying a hotel room after he found out Jose Contreras decided on the New York Yankees.
May 15, 2014, 5:42 PM EDT
Some retirement gifts are odd or weird or boring. The Mets actually did something pretty nice.
May 10, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
A young male fan ran onto the field last night in attempted to hug Derek Jeter. He didn’t get his wish.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 7, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter received a festive retirement gift from the Angels on Wednesday night before (what will likely be) his final game in Anaheim …
May 5, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Brendan Ryan is slated to come off the disabled list tomorrow and could be a highly-active backup shortstop for the Yankees.
May 5, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Derek Jeter had a very rough weekend, including the first 0-for-7 game of his career, and is now hitting just .240 with a .582 OPS this season and .220 with a .566 OPS in 41 total games dating back to last season.
May 3, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Derek Jeter had a night to forget in Friday’s 14-inning loss to the Rays.
May 2, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
Joe Posnanski ranks all 30 MLB managers by how good they were during their playing days.
Apr 30, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
How dare the fans “out in the hinterlands” mock Cano for being greedy? I mean, they’re not columnists!
Apr 23, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
The columnist’s name is Anthony Rieber. And he apparently doesn’t get out much.
Apr 14, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Are you there, God? It’s me, Carlos.
Apr 13, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
The Yankees may need a back-up back-up first baseman now.
Apr 13, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
Derek Jeter is out of the Yankees’ starting lineup for a second straight game — this one being broadcast by ESPN.
Apr 12, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
Joe Girardi is focused on keeping Derek Jeter healthy, not disappointed fans.
Apr 7, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
Last week the Yankees designated Eduardo Nunez for assignment and now they’ve traded the utility infielder to the Twins in exchange for Single-A pitching prospect Miguel Sulbaran.
Apr 7, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
Did Derek Jeter just … forget to hustle?
Apr 7, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
No, really. Jeter actually said something thought-provoking in an interview. This is not a drill.
Apr 7, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
And talks about what has happened in his life over the past 17+ years.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)