Jun 26, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Sincerely! I mean, after a dismissive paragraph or two.
Jun 16, 2014, 9:49 PM EDT
There aren’t any significant changes in the American League All-Star balloting from last week, but tonight’s update shows that there are still quite a few positions up for grabs. Shortstop is one of them.
Jun 15, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
Derek Jeter’s farewell tour continued Sunday at Oakland’s O.co Coliseum with another set of retirement gifts …
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EDT
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Jun 10, 2014, 10:43 PM EDT
Derek Jeter’s farewell tour continued (with a couple nice gifts) Tuesday night at Seattle’s Safeco Field …
Jun 9, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
A tough final go-around for The Captain.
Jun 8, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista has passed Mike Trout in the AL All-Star balloting.
Jun 4, 2014, 10:07 PM EDT
There are some great stories and pictures and quotes being passed around in the wake of Don Zimmer’s passing at the age of 83. We thought we’d share a few …
Jun 3, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
In an age of billionaire sports owners, how could a ballplayer worth a measly couple hundred million obtain some power?
Jun 3, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Even those who Play The Game The Right Way don’t always play the game the right way.
May 29, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Everyone else thinking about writing a Derek Jeter hagiography this summer should give up now. You’ll never top this.
May 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
It’s possible guys like Nelson Cruz and Melky Cabrera won’t get a lot of All-Star support because of Biogenesis. It’s also possible they won’t get support because fans didn’t really care about them much to begin with.
May 26, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
And with that, we probably have the only thing he and Pete Rose really have in common.
May 23, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Derek Jeter is very, very sure he doesn’t want to become a manager.
May 23, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
To say Paul Konerko respects Derek Jeter would be an understatement.
May 21, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
They don’t boo nobodies.
May 20, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
The urban legend had Theo Epstein destroying a hotel room after he found out Jose Contreras decided on the New York Yankees.
May 15, 2014, 5:42 PM EDT
Some retirement gifts are odd or weird or boring. The Mets actually did something pretty nice.
May 10, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
A young male fan ran onto the field last night in attempted to hug Derek Jeter. He didn’t get his wish.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 7, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter received a festive retirement gift from the Angels on Wednesday night before (what will likely be) his final game in Anaheim …
May 5, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Brendan Ryan is slated to come off the disabled list tomorrow and could be a highly-active backup shortstop for the Yankees.
May 5, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Derek Jeter had a very rough weekend, including the first 0-for-7 game of his career, and is now hitting just .240 with a .582 OPS this season and .220 with a .566 OPS in 41 total games dating back to last season.
May 3, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Derek Jeter had a night to forget in Friday’s 14-inning loss to the Rays.
May 2, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
Joe Posnanski ranks all 30 MLB managers by how good they were during their playing days.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)