Feb 9, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
Padres fans have never had a ton to get excited about. That has changed this winter.
Feb 9, 2015, 2:12 AM EST
The Padres have reportedly signed starter James Shields to a four-year deal in the $72-76 million range.
Feb 2, 2015, 5:17 PM EST
Nieves spent last season backing up Carlos Ruiz with the Phillies.
Feb 1, 2015, 8:25 PM EST
The Padres began their overhaul shortly after signing Clint Barmes to a one-year deal. He wasn’t quite expecting to be on a team expected to seriously contend with the Dodgers in the NL West.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Oakland and Washington have made an average of one trade every five months for the past four years.
Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
Billy Beane’s fascinating offseason continues, as the Athletics have acquired Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar from the Rays.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
The Padres have made a flurry of moves in the past few days. It may help them win some more baseball games. But it will undeniably fire up a fan base that has had nothing to get excited about for years.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
One player the Padres did NOT get.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:43 AM EST
The Padres have gone crazy this week. The latest: acquiring Justin Upton and his big bat for a couple of prospects.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
The Padres continue to overhaul their lineup while the A’s continue to unload.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Oct 1, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Somehow, it all seemed to tie this strange 2014 season together in one fitting package, though the end result wasn’t what anyone in green and gold wanted.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:44 AM EST
In-game losses left the A’s undermanned in defeat.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
Salvador Perez was held hitless in his first five at-bats of Tuesday’s American League Wild Card Game at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, but he smacked a walkoff RBI single down the left-field line in the 12th inning to give the Royals a 9-8 victory over the A’s.
Sep 30, 2014, 10:18 PM EST
Oakland opened the floodgates on the Royals in the sixth inning.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:06 PM EST
Derek Norris came off the bench to replace him.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Some surprises for Oakland. Zero surprises for Kansas City.
Sep 20, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the A’s getting back in the win column.
Sep 17, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
This year he hit .264 with nine homers and a .767 OPS in 99 games, including 47 starts at catcher.
Sep 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
The slumping Athletics appeared to be well on their way to another loss, but put together a three-run ninth inning to work off victors against the Astros on Saturday.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The hourglass is running low on this team.
Aug 24, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
As first reported by Chris Cotillo at MLB Daily Dish, the A’s have acquired catcher Geovany Soto from the Rangers for future cash considerations.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
Trevor May made his major league debut in a start against the Athletics on Saturday night, but it ended much sooner than he had hoped.
Aug 5, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
Don’t look now, but the Angels are only a game back of the A’s in the AL West. And, thus, a game away from having the best record in baseball.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)