Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Oct 1, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Somehow, it all seemed to tie this strange 2014 season together in one fitting package, though the end result wasn’t what anyone in green and gold wanted.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:44 AM EST
In-game losses left the A’s undermanned in defeat.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
Salvador Perez was held hitless in his first five at-bats of Tuesday’s American League Wild Card Game at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, but he smacked a walkoff RBI single down the left-field line in the 12th inning to give the Royals a 9-8 victory over the A’s.
Sep 30, 2014, 10:18 PM EST
Oakland opened the floodgates on the Royals in the sixth inning.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:06 PM EST
Derek Norris came off the bench to replace him.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Some surprises for Oakland. Zero surprises for Kansas City.
Sep 20, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the A’s getting back in the win column.
Sep 17, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
This year he hit .264 with nine homers and a .767 OPS in 99 games, including 47 starts at catcher.
Sep 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
The slumping Athletics appeared to be well on their way to another loss, but put together a three-run ninth inning to work off victors against the Astros on Saturday.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The hourglass is running low on this team.
Aug 24, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
As first reported by Chris Cotillo at MLB Daily Dish, the A’s have acquired catcher Geovany Soto from the Rangers for future cash considerations.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
Trevor May made his major league debut in a start against the Athletics on Saturday night, but it ended much sooner than he had hoped.
Aug 5, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
Don’t look now, but the Angels are only a game back of the A’s in the AL West. And, thus, a game away from having the best record in baseball.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 25, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Jose Bautista isn’t a huge fan of the beards Athletics Derek Norris and Sean Doolittle are sporting.
Jul 15, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
MINNEAPOLIS — The most remarkable and wonderful part about the Pat Neshek story is that it isn’t one story. It is 10 different stories going over top of each other like different children’s hands working their way up the handle of a baseball bat in that game to decide who hits first. When Neshek starts crying…
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 6, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The umpires appeared to miss a call on Saturday night when the Blue Jays took on the Athletics, and they appeared to compound the problem by upholding their incorrect call after replay review. Jose Bautista wasn’t happy about it.
Jun 30, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The A’s reached the halfway mark of their season Sunday, and it’s tough to find too much fault with what took place over the first 81 games.
Jun 27, 2014, 8:28 PM EST
One of these days, players will learn not to test the arm of Yoenis Cespedes.
Jun 23, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
Donaldson leads at his position and Norris and Cespedes are knocking on the door.
Jun 18, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
There is one lone sticker on the nameplates in the A’s locker room. It boasts the words “Clutch Norris” above Derek Norris’ stall.
Jun 18, 2014, 6:41 AM EST
Nine wins in a row and the shelling of a Tigers ace for the second straight night. And with that, the Royals are in first place.
Jun 16, 2014, 9:49 PM EST
There aren’t any significant changes in the American League All-Star balloting from last week, but tonight’s update shows that there are still quite a few positions up for grabs. Shortstop is one of them.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)