Jan 25, 2015, 2:58 PM EST
A nice gesture here from Max Scherzer, who signed a $210 million deal Monday with the Nationals …
Jan 24, 2015, 8:30 PM EST
The Tigers and reliever Al Alburquerque avoided arbitration with a one-year deal on Saturday.
Jan 24, 2015, 2:40 PM EST
From the start, even in those turbulent times, even though Chicago was finding its way in a changing America, people in Chicago did not see the color of his skin. From the start, Chicago loved Ernie Banks.
Jan 23, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Nathan is under contract for $10 million in 2015.
Jan 23, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
The first half of this season will mean a lot to both the Tigers and David Price’s future with them.
Jan 22, 2015, 11:15 PM EST
The Nationals and right-hander Max Scherzer finalized a seven-year, $210 million contract yesterday. We now have some interesting details on the deal.
Jan 22, 2015, 6:25 PM EST
James Shields is still without a home and we can take one team off the list of potential landing spots.
Jan 22, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Seven years, $210 million. Sort of.
Jan 21, 2015, 8:13 PM EST
J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles Daily News writes Wednesday that Brett Anderson has increased his flat-ground work to a distance of 160 feet and is aiming to step atop a mound next week in Arizona.
Jan 20, 2015, 6:52 PM EST
Jon Lester signed a six-year, $155 million contract with the Cubs in December and Max Scherzer struck a seven-year, $210 million deal Monday with the Nationals, which leaves James Shields as the last remaining front-line starting pitcher on this winter’s free agent market.
Max Scherzer might bump him from Nationals’ rotation, but Tanner Roark is saying all the right things
Jan 20, 2015, 3:22 PM EST
Roark was fantastic in 2014, throwing 199 innings with a 2.85 ERA to give him a 2.57 ERA in 252 career innings as a big leaguer.
Jan 20, 2015, 11:03 AM EST
The lefty has lost 15 pounds
Jan 20, 2015, 9:40 AM EST
At least their owner did.
Jan 19, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
The Mets will now have one of the “top 10 largest displays in professional baseball.” Who needs a shortstop?
Jan 19, 2015, 6:31 PM EST
The Rangers officially acquired right-hander Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers this afternoon in exchange for infielder Luis Sardinas and right-handers Corey Knebel and Marcos Diplan, but they looked into a more high-profile addition before deciding on the trade.
Jan 19, 2015, 5:16 PM EST
The Rangers sent three players, including infield prospect Luis Sardinas, to the Brewers in exchange for starter Yovani Gallardo.
Jan 19, 2015, 3:02 PM EST
The All-Star Game could becoming to the nation’s capital in 2018 according to a report.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:48 PM EST
The Nationals appear to be open to the idea of trading Stephen Strasburg according to a recent report.
Jan 19, 2015, 11:45 AM EST
Max Scherzer will get $210 million from the Nationals, but half of it will be deferred. He’ll make $15 million per year through 2028.
Jan 19, 2015, 10:41 AM EST
According to a report, the Nationals plan to use a “super rotation” in 2015 that includes newcomer Max Scherzer along with Jordan Zimmermann, Stephen Strasburg, Doug Fister, and Gio Gonzalez.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:44 AM EST
With Max Scherzer in the mix, the Nationals’ starting rotation has the chance to be one of the best in the last 46 years.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:05 AM EST
The Nationals and Max Scherzer have reportedly agreed on a seven-year deal.
Jan 18, 2015, 11:03 PM EST
The Marlins added some versatility, signing Don Kelly to a minor league deal on Sunday.
Jan 18, 2015, 7:12 PM EST
Max Scherzer is talking with the Nationals and at least one other team about a seven-year contract.
Jan 18, 2015, 6:03 PM EST
The Rangers are on the verge of acquiring starter Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 42
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 54
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 45
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)