Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 18, 2014, 1:59 PM EDT
Russell will serve as a special assistant to new Diamondbacks senior VP of baseball operations De Jon Watson.
Oct 17, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
Not that the Tigers aren’t being cautious.
Oct 17, 2014, 9:33 AM EDT
Big Game James only has a couple of big games left for Kansas City
Oct 16, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
“He has to perform up to the capabilities required of doing it.”
Oct 14, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
Or: Great Moments in GMs not Admitting Their Mistakes
Oct 13, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
Avila takes a beating behind the plate, but says he’s going to play on.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
Well, at least he’s consistent.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Pirates offered a contract extension to Russell Martin but the catcher rejected it. Martin is expected to draw significant interest when he hits the free agent market shortly.
Oct 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Hunter hit .286 with 17 homers and a .765 OPS in 142 games this season and has topped a .750 OPS every season since 2000.
Oct 7, 2014, 11:39 PM EDT
NLDS Game 4 between the Nationals and Giants is tied at 2-2 heading into the top of the eighth.
Oct 7, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Up from $14.1 million last year.
Oct 6, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
Only Mickey Mantle, Miguel Cabrera, and Andruw Jones have hit more (four) before turning 22 years old.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Oct 5, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
Buck Showalter is a wizard.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:41 PM EDT
Sunday’s hero is now tied for fourth among active players.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Torii Hunter told the media, after his Tigers were swept out of the ALDS by the Orioles, that he is considering retirement.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:07 PM EDT
It won’t get the attention of his earlier bullpen moves, but it’s hard to tell what Brad Ausmus was thinking in the ninth inning Sunday.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
Watch the double play that ended ALDS Game 3, sending the Orioles into the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
The Orioles are headed to the ALCS after sweeping the Tigers in the ALDS with a 2-1 Game 3 win on Sunday.
Oct 5, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The Orioles took a 2-0 lead in the sixth inning of ALDS Game 3 against the Tigers thanks to Nelson Cruz’s two-run home run off of David Price.
Oct 5, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
Alex Avila took a foul ball off of his facemask and was forced to leave ALDS Game 3 in the sixth inning.
Oct 5, 2014, 1:51 PM EDT
The Tigers are facing elimination Sunday in Game 3 of their ALDS matchup with the Orioles and they’ll be facing elimination again on Monday if they force a Game 4. But that won’t alter the four-man rotation that Detroit manager Brad Ausmus announced before the best-of-five Division Series began.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:43 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Orioles-Tigers series in Detroit …
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)