David Price on phone use during games: “I check my Instagram. I check my Twitter. I just don’t tweet, don’t like stuff.”
Jun 19, 2015, 10:10 PM EDT
David Price uses electronics during games just like Pablo Sandoval, but he’s mindful not to leave a public trail.
Jun 19, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez joined the 3,000-hit club in style, homering off of Justin Verlander in the first inning on Friday.
Jun 19, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Is his surgically repaired knee still an issue?
Jun 17, 2015, 7:10 AM EDT
Three position players pitched last night. Maybe it was that or maybe it was something else, but I feel the need this morning to grapple with our place in a harsh and uncaring universe.
Jun 16, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Tigers slugger Victor Martinez was cleared to begin a minor league rehab assignment Sunday at Triple-A Toledo and he will remain with the Mud Hens through Thursday. There’s nothing official yet, but V-Mart is expected to …
Jun 16, 2015, 4:43 PM EDT
One of the Twins’ most talented hitters finds himself back in Triple-A, a year after hitting 20 homers.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:40 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera thought about leasing Corey Kluber but he talked with his financial advisor and determined that owning him was the better option.
Jun 14, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Indians prospect Francisco Lindor made his major league debut on Sunday and had a memorable moment after recording his career hit.
Jun 13, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Justin Verlander pitched well over five innings in his 2015 season debut on Saturday against the Indians.
Jun 13, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
The 36-year-old Martinez has been sidelined for about a month due to inflammation in his surgically-repaired left knee.
Jun 12, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
The Tigers need to fill a void in the starting rotation after demoting Shane Greene to Triple-A on Friday.
Jun 12, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
13 starts after acquiring Greene from the Yankees.
Jun 9, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Watch as Tigers center fielder Rajai Davis calmly takes one away from the Cubs’ David Ross …
Jun 9, 2015, 4:37 PM EDT
Verlander is finally healthy after being sidelined since spring training with a triceps injury.
Jun 8, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Arizona plays it safe with the top selection.
Jun 8, 2015, 12:27 PM EDT
Perhaps someone picked tonight will eventually crack this list.
Jun 6, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Justin Verlander struck out nine batters in 5 2/3 innings in his latest rehab start.
Jun 6, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
This is the Tigers’ longest losing streak since 2005.
Jun 2, 2015, 11:12 PM EDT
Veteran right-hander Justin Verlander was hoping to join the Tigers after making just one minor league rehab start, but he got shelled for three runs on six hits and two walks Sunday in a …
Jun 1, 2015, 6:39 AM EDT
Not gonna lie, there are some morbid thoughts in a couple of these recaps. But there’s also Bartolo Colon hitting an RBI double and if that’s not life-affirming, nothing is.
May 31, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Bryce Harper, tied for the major league lead in home runs, may not participate in the 2015 Home Run Derby in July.
May 31, 2015, 4:35 PM EDT
Verlander has been out all season with a right triceps strain.
May 27, 2015, 1:49 PM EDT
Verlander will start Sunday at Triple-A.
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)