Nov 10, 2014, 9:15 AM EST
Two of the top free agents on the market are in Seattle’s sights.
Nov 8, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
The Mets don’t appear to be in the market for Torii Hunter’s services.
Nov 8, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
The Yankees want to bring Brandon McCarthy back, but the right-hander will wait for the market to play out before making a decision.
Nov 8, 2014, 9:49 AM EST
The Twins and Royals are among the possibilities.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EST
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 5, 2014, 4:24 PM EST
The Phillies are rebuilding. But it would be unexpected if they dealt their ace.
Nov 5, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Led by Justin Verlander at $28 million.
Nov 4, 2014, 11:42 PM EST
Hyeon-jong Yang, regarded as the best pitcher in the Korean Baseball Organization, is ready to test himself at the game’s highest level.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Nov 4, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
He was drafted by the Twins in 1993 and played for them until 2007, when he left as a free agent.
Nov 3, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
A total of 12 players got a qualifying offer, but will any accept?
Nov 3, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
As a special assistant, unfortunately. Not as the starting shortstop.
Nov 1, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
The game, which will begin at 8 p.m. ET, will be shown on MLB Network and can be streamed live on MLB.com.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Nick Markakis is a free agent after the Orioles declined their half of a $17.5 million mutual option for the 2015 season.
Oct 31, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Both players will reject the offers.
Oct 31, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Dirks missed the entire season following back surgery and then a hamstring injury.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:47 AM EST
The only question for next season is what inning he’ll pitch.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 28, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
That was nice of him.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
We learned yesterday that Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera underwent surgery on Wednesday to remove bone spurs from his right ankle and repair a stress fracture to the navicular bone in his foot. Everyone was caught off guard by the extent of his injuries.
Oct 24, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Victor Martinez is going to use his monster 2014 season to attempt to get a four-year deal over the off-season.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:39 AM EST
For the second straight year we realize that Miguel Cabrera finished the season in way more pain than the Tigers had let on.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
Oct 22, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
And to fight history: 15 of the last 17 Game 1 winners have gone on to win the World Series.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 69
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 125
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 83
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (125)