Feb 1, 2015, 2:37 PM EST
Zack Greinke is allowed to opt out of his six-year, $146 million contract with the Dodgers after the 2015 season. In doing that, the right-hander would be leaving three years and $77 million on the table but …
Jan 30, 2015, 3:07 PM EST
The lack of a DH and the health of Miguel Cabrera are the determining factors.
Jan 30, 2015, 8:43 AM EST
Even second tier relievers are in demand in the offseason.
Jan 26, 2015, 8:16 PM EST
Avila is making a change in hopes of avoiding future concussions.
Jan 25, 2015, 2:58 PM EST
A nice gesture here from Max Scherzer, who signed a $210 million deal Monday with the Nationals …
Jan 24, 2015, 8:30 PM EST
The Tigers and reliever Al Alburquerque avoided arbitration with a one-year deal on Saturday.
Jan 24, 2015, 2:40 PM EST
From the start, even in those turbulent times, even though Chicago was finding its way in a changing America, people in Chicago did not see the color of his skin. From the start, Chicago loved Ernie Banks.
Jan 23, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Nathan is under contract for $10 million in 2015.
Jan 23, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
The first half of this season will mean a lot to both the Tigers and David Price’s future with them.
Jan 22, 2015, 11:15 PM EST
The Nationals and right-hander Max Scherzer finalized a seven-year, $210 million contract yesterday. We now have some interesting details on the deal.
Jan 22, 2015, 6:25 PM EST
James Shields is still without a home and we can take one team off the list of potential landing spots.
Jan 22, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Seven years, $210 million. Sort of.
Jan 21, 2015, 8:13 PM EST
J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles Daily News writes Wednesday that Brett Anderson has increased his flat-ground work to a distance of 160 feet and is aiming to step atop a mound next week in Arizona.
Jan 20, 2015, 6:52 PM EST
Jon Lester signed a six-year, $155 million contract with the Cubs in December and Max Scherzer struck a seven-year, $210 million deal Monday with the Nationals, which leaves James Shields as the last remaining front-line starting pitcher on this winter’s free agent market.
Max Scherzer might bump him from Nationals’ rotation, but Tanner Roark is saying all the right things
Jan 20, 2015, 3:22 PM EST
Roark was fantastic in 2014, throwing 199 innings with a 2.85 ERA to give him a 2.57 ERA in 252 career innings as a big leaguer.
Jan 20, 2015, 11:03 AM EST
The lefty has lost 15 pounds
Jan 20, 2015, 9:40 AM EST
At least their owner did.
Jan 19, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
The Mets will now have one of the “top 10 largest displays in professional baseball.” Who needs a shortstop?
Jan 19, 2015, 6:31 PM EST
The Rangers officially acquired right-hander Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers this afternoon in exchange for infielder Luis Sardinas and right-handers Corey Knebel and Marcos Diplan, but they looked into a more high-profile addition before deciding on the trade.
Jan 19, 2015, 5:16 PM EST
The Rangers sent three players, including infield prospect Luis Sardinas, to the Brewers in exchange for starter Yovani Gallardo.
Jan 19, 2015, 3:02 PM EST
The All-Star Game could becoming to the nation’s capital in 2018 according to a report.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:48 PM EST
The Nationals appear to be open to the idea of trading Stephen Strasburg according to a recent report.
Jan 19, 2015, 11:45 AM EST
Max Scherzer will get $210 million from the Nationals, but half of it will be deferred. He’ll make $15 million per year through 2028.
Jan 19, 2015, 10:41 AM EST
According to a report, the Nationals plan to use a “super rotation” in 2015 that includes newcomer Max Scherzer along with Jordan Zimmermann, Stephen Strasburg, Doug Fister, and Gio Gonzalez.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:44 AM EST
With Max Scherzer in the mix, the Nationals’ starting rotation has the chance to be one of the best in the last 46 years.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)