Dec 5, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
It’s not just The Man who Would Replace Derek Jeter in this deal. But let’s talk about that for a second too.
Derek Jeter’s replacement: Yankees acquire Diamondbacks shortstop Didi Gregorius in three-team trade
Dec 5, 2014, 10:10 AM EST
“When I saw him he reminded me of a young Derek Jeter.”
Dec 4, 2014, 7:22 AM EST
He has an opt-out after 2015.
Dec 3, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
It was quite an introductory press conference in Minnesota.
Dec 3, 2014, 1:12 PM EST
This would’ve been cool news a year or two ago.
Dec 2, 2014, 9:03 PM EST
From USA Today’s Bob Nightengale comes word that the Twins have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with veteran outfielder Torii Hunter. FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal confirms the news, adding that the one-year pact is worth $10.5 million.
Dec 2, 2014, 10:13 AM EST
Hunter makes his offseason home in Texas.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EST
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 7:02 PM EST
It was reported over the weekend that Hunter is considering the Orioles, Rangers, and Mariners as well as a potential reunion with the Twins.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
What a concept.
Nov 29, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
It’s down to the Orioles, Rangers, Mariners, and possibly the Twins as Torii Hunter’s next destination, according to a recent report.
Nov 29, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
2015 is likely to be Alex Avila’s last with the Tigers, but the club plans to use him on a full-time basis while they can.
Nov 29, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
Busy days for Billy Beane.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:23 PM EST
Crow made the All-Star team as a rookie in 2011.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Max Scherzer, a client of Scott Boras, seems comfortable with slow-playing this market. We’ve seen loads of rumors and reports involving the other prominent free agent ace, Jon Lester, but it’s hard to identify which teams are in the running at the moment for Max. The Giants may be one …
Nov 24, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
The Phillies have another potential suitor for Cole Hamels, as the Dodgers have joined the Red Sox in the mix.
Nov 24, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
It’s easy to say “it didn’t work before, so it won’t work this time,” but doing so is to misread the current situation with the Boston Red Sox.
Nov 23, 2014, 10:51 AM EST
Torii Hunter could be headed back to where it all began.
Nov 21, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
The interest in free agent outfielder Torii Hunter has been lukewarm, but he represents a decent Plan B or C for a handful of teams.
Nov 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Pittsburgh has done great work recently turning around the careers of pitchers.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:51 AM EST
Charges were dismissed against him in August. It now appears he’s heading for trial.
Nov 20, 2014, 1:06 PM EST
With the Tigers out, the Jays are in.
Nov 20, 2014, 12:14 PM EST
Zimmermann has just one season remaining until he’s eligible for free agency and the 28-year-old right-hander is in line for a massive payday.
Nov 20, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
For now at least there doesn’t seem to be a clear front-runner.
Nov 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Kansas City has already reached out to multiple replacement options.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)