Nov 5, 2014, 4:24 PM EST
The Phillies are rebuilding. But it would be unexpected if they dealt their ace.
Nov 5, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Led by Justin Verlander at $28 million.
Nov 4, 2014, 11:42 PM EST
Hyeon-jong Yang, regarded as the best pitcher in the Korean Baseball Organization, is ready to test himself at the game’s highest level.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Nov 4, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
He was drafted by the Twins in 1993 and played for them until 2007, when he left as a free agent.
Nov 3, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
A total of 12 players got a qualifying offer, but will any accept?
Nov 3, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
As a special assistant, unfortunately. Not as the starting shortstop.
Nov 1, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
The game, which will begin at 8 p.m. ET, will be shown on MLB Network and can be streamed live on MLB.com.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Nick Markakis is a free agent after the Orioles declined their half of a $17.5 million mutual option for the 2015 season.
Oct 31, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Both players will reject the offers.
Oct 31, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Dirks missed the entire season following back surgery and then a hamstring injury.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:47 AM EST
The only question for next season is what inning he’ll pitch.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 28, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
That was nice of him.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
We learned yesterday that Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera underwent surgery on Wednesday to remove bone spurs from his right ankle and repair a stress fracture to the navicular bone in his foot. Everyone was caught off guard by the extent of his injuries.
Oct 24, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Victor Martinez is going to use his monster 2014 season to attempt to get a four-year deal over the off-season.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:39 AM EST
For the second straight year we realize that Miguel Cabrera finished the season in way more pain than the Tigers had let on.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
Oct 22, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
And to fight history: 15 of the last 17 Game 1 winners have gone on to win the World Series.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 18, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
Russell will serve as a special assistant to new Diamondbacks senior VP of baseball operations De Jon Watson.
Oct 17, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
Not that the Tigers aren’t being cautious.
Oct 17, 2014, 9:33 AM EST
Big Game James only has a couple of big games left for Kansas City
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro’s agent denies his client’s involvement in Dominican Republic shooting 33
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (244)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)