Jun 16, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Tigers slugger Victor Martinez was cleared to begin a minor league rehab assignment Sunday at Triple-A Toledo and he will remain with the Mud Hens through Thursday. There’s nothing official yet, but V-Mart is expected to …
Jun 16, 2015, 4:43 PM EDT
One of the Twins’ most talented hitters finds himself back in Triple-A, a year after hitting 20 homers.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:40 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera thought about leasing Corey Kluber but he talked with his financial advisor and determined that owning him was the better option.
Jun 14, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Indians prospect Francisco Lindor made his major league debut on Sunday and had a memorable moment after recording his career hit.
Jun 13, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Justin Verlander pitched well over five innings in his 2015 season debut on Saturday against the Indians.
Jun 13, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
The 36-year-old Martinez has been sidelined for about a month due to inflammation in his surgically-repaired left knee.
Jun 12, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
The Tigers need to fill a void in the starting rotation after demoting Shane Greene to Triple-A on Friday.
Jun 12, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
13 starts after acquiring Greene from the Yankees.
Jun 9, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Watch as Tigers center fielder Rajai Davis calmly takes one away from the Cubs’ David Ross …
Jun 9, 2015, 4:37 PM EDT
Verlander is finally healthy after being sidelined since spring training with a triceps injury.
Jun 8, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Arizona plays it safe with the top selection.
Jun 8, 2015, 12:27 PM EDT
Perhaps someone picked tonight will eventually crack this list.
Jun 6, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Justin Verlander struck out nine batters in 5 2/3 innings in his latest rehab start.
Jun 6, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
This is the Tigers’ longest losing streak since 2005.
Jun 2, 2015, 11:12 PM EDT
Veteran right-hander Justin Verlander was hoping to join the Tigers after making just one minor league rehab start, but he got shelled for three runs on six hits and two walks Sunday in a …
Jun 1, 2015, 6:39 AM EDT
Not gonna lie, there are some morbid thoughts in a couple of these recaps. But there’s also Bartolo Colon hitting an RBI double and if that’s not life-affirming, nothing is.
May 31, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Bryce Harper, tied for the major league lead in home runs, may not participate in the 2015 Home Run Derby in July.
May 31, 2015, 4:35 PM EDT
Verlander has been out all season with a right triceps strain.
May 27, 2015, 1:49 PM EDT
Verlander will start Sunday at Triple-A.
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
May 26, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander took what might be the final step before a rehab assignment Tuesday afternoon at Oakland’s O.Co Coliseum …
May 25, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
“Don’t they want to win a championship?”
May 24, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
Kyle Lobstein made the Tigers’ starting rotation out of spring training with Justin Verlander (triceps) ticketed for the disabled list. But that spot will now go to right-hander Buck Farmer because Lobstein needs a disabled list stint of his own.
May 24, 2015, 10:59 AM EDT
Gomes, 27, batted .278/.313/.472 with 21 home runs and 74 RBI in 135 games last season for the Tribe, earning his first Silver Slugger Award. Cleveland (17-23) could use a big offensive boost right about now.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)