Feb 22, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Most players like to cut off contract negotiations once the regular season begins, but David Price would listen to offers if the Tigers want to talk.
Feb 21, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
Alex Gordon has a tough decision ahead of him — he has a player option for the 2016 season. If he doesn’t choose to use it, he would become a free agent after this season.
Feb 19, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Bullpen depth in the wake of Kenley Jansen’s foot injury.
Feb 18, 2015, 3:32 PM EDT
It’s still possible that the Tigers’ slugger will be ready for Opening Day.
Feb 17, 2015, 6:42 PM EDT
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that the Rangers are “still in discussions with” free agent left-hander Phil Coke, who worked out for the club earlier this month.
Feb 16, 2015, 10:14 PM EDT
Chamberlain, 29, had a 3.57 ERA and 59/24 K/BB ratio in 63 innings with the Tigers last season.
Feb 16, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
It’s been over two years since Hanrahan was healthy and effective.
Feb 14, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Verlander is determined to rebound after posting a disappointing 4.54 ERA last season.
Feb 13, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
Lots of themes in this play. Like aspiration, optimism and . . . in the end, I suspect, tragedy.
Feb 13, 2015, 8:05 AM EDT
Sports fandom, Wampeters, Foma and Granfalloons
Feb 12, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera’s status for Opening Day is in question as he makes his way back from surgery to remove bone spurs from his right ankle and repair a stress fracture in his foot, but the Tigers hope to have more clarity on his timetable soon.
Feb 10, 2015, 3:37 PM EDT
About as good a result as could’ve been hoped for.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Feb 9, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
Navarro hit .274 with 12 homers and a .712 OPS in 139 games last season .
Feb 9, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
A total of 11 free agents topped $50 million.
Feb 6, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
Former top prospect Josh Vitters has signed with a new club on a minor league deal.
Feb 6, 2015, 4:19 PM EDT
It’s not personal. It’s business.
Feb 5, 2015, 2:08 PM EDT
The typical recovery time on this is 4-6 weeks.
Feb 5, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
He has been compared to Miguel Cabrera. Now he has something else in common with the guy.
Feb 4, 2015, 10:04 PM EDT
Anthony Fenech of the Detroit Free Press reports that the Tigers have RSVP’d to watch free agent right-hander Matt Albers pitch in front of interested teams February 10 (next Tuesday) in the Houston area.
Feb 3, 2015, 10:58 PM EDT
Phil Coke may be close to finding a new home.
Feb 3, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Most major league teams open spring training in just two weeks, yet right-hander James Shields remains unsigned …
Feb 3, 2015, 6:09 PM EDT
As first reported by MASN’s Roch Kubatko, the Pirates have acquired utilityman Steve Lombardozzi from the Orioles in exchange for cash considerations.
Feb 1, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
Zack Greinke is allowed to opt out of his six-year, $146 million contract with the Dodgers after the 2015 season. In doing that, the right-hander would be leaving three years and $77 million on the table but …
Jan 30, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
The lack of a DH and the health of Miguel Cabrera are the determining factors.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 3
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 20
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 27
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 68
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)