Feb 5, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
He has been compared to Miguel Cabrera. Now he has something else in common with the guy.
Feb 4, 2015, 10:04 PM EDT
Anthony Fenech of the Detroit Free Press reports that the Tigers have RSVP’d to watch free agent right-hander Matt Albers pitch in front of interested teams February 10 (next Tuesday) in the Houston area.
Feb 3, 2015, 10:58 PM EDT
Phil Coke may be close to finding a new home.
Feb 3, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Most major league teams open spring training in just two weeks, yet right-hander James Shields remains unsigned …
Feb 3, 2015, 6:09 PM EDT
As first reported by MASN’s Roch Kubatko, the Pirates have acquired utilityman Steve Lombardozzi from the Orioles in exchange for cash considerations.
Feb 1, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
Zack Greinke is allowed to opt out of his six-year, $146 million contract with the Dodgers after the 2015 season. In doing that, the right-hander would be leaving three years and $77 million on the table but …
Jan 30, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
The lack of a DH and the health of Miguel Cabrera are the determining factors.
Jan 30, 2015, 8:43 AM EDT
Even second tier relievers are in demand in the offseason.
Jan 26, 2015, 8:16 PM EDT
Avila is making a change in hopes of avoiding future concussions.
Jan 25, 2015, 2:58 PM EDT
A nice gesture here from Max Scherzer, who signed a $210 million deal Monday with the Nationals …
Jan 24, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
The Tigers and reliever Al Alburquerque avoided arbitration with a one-year deal on Saturday.
Jan 24, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
From the start, even in those turbulent times, even though Chicago was finding its way in a changing America, people in Chicago did not see the color of his skin. From the start, Chicago loved Ernie Banks.
Jan 23, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Nathan is under contract for $10 million in 2015.
Jan 23, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The first half of this season will mean a lot to both the Tigers and David Price’s future with them.
Jan 22, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
The Nationals and right-hander Max Scherzer finalized a seven-year, $210 million contract yesterday. We now have some interesting details on the deal.
Jan 22, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
James Shields is still without a home and we can take one team off the list of potential landing spots.
Jan 22, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Seven years, $210 million. Sort of.
Jan 21, 2015, 8:13 PM EDT
J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles Daily News writes Wednesday that Brett Anderson has increased his flat-ground work to a distance of 160 feet and is aiming to step atop a mound next week in Arizona.
Jan 20, 2015, 6:52 PM EDT
Jon Lester signed a six-year, $155 million contract with the Cubs in December and Max Scherzer struck a seven-year, $210 million deal Monday with the Nationals, which leaves James Shields as the last remaining front-line starting pitcher on this winter’s free agent market.
Max Scherzer might bump him from Nationals’ rotation, but Tanner Roark is saying all the right things
Jan 20, 2015, 3:22 PM EDT
Roark was fantastic in 2014, throwing 199 innings with a 2.85 ERA to give him a 2.57 ERA in 252 career innings as a big leaguer.
Jan 20, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
The lefty has lost 15 pounds
Jan 20, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
At least their owner did.
Jan 19, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
The Mets will now have one of the “top 10 largest displays in professional baseball.” Who needs a shortstop?
Jan 19, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
The Rangers officially acquired right-hander Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers this afternoon in exchange for infielder Luis Sardinas and right-handers Corey Knebel and Marcos Diplan, but they looked into a more high-profile addition before deciding on the trade.
Jan 19, 2015, 5:16 PM EDT
The Rangers sent three players, including infield prospect Luis Sardinas, to the Brewers in exchange for starter Yovani Gallardo.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)