Apr 6, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
“I think he had a dinner reservation or a concert to play in.”
Apr 5, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
It will be a while until the Red Sox and Rick Porcello sit back down to discuss a contract extension.
Apr 5, 2015, 12:57 PM EDT
Rondon came down with some biceps tendinitis at the end of spring training and also battled some neck discomfort in early March.
Apr 4, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Rays left-hander Drew Smyly is set to begin the season on the disabled list, but he’s making encouraging progress from shoulder inflammation.
Apr 3, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
Modest pace-of-play rules? Hiring Rob Manfred? THE ACTS OF DESPERATE MEN WILLING TO STOP AT NOTHING TO KEEP BASEBALL FROM DYING!
Apr 2, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
He’s still slated to start on April 12.
Apr 1, 2015, 6:12 PM EDT
Tigers setup man Bruce Rondon was supposed to make an appearance in Wednesday’s Cactus League game against the Padres, but he woke up with a sore shoulder and couldn’t shake the discomfort during pregame stretching.
Apr 1, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Verlander has never been on the disabled list in his 10-year career.
Mar 31, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT
Why is this man smiling when his team appears to be destined for last place?
Mar 31, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
It’s supposedly just an arm cramp, but Brad Ausmus isn’t ruling out the DL.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Baseball technically has a rule against “fraternization.” It’s a dumb rule.
Mar 29, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Ben Revere broke a promise to Rajai Davis when the Phillies’ left fielder robbed a home run.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
It doesn’t seem like the Nationals and Jordan Zimmermann will reach an agreement on a contract extension before the regular season begins.
Mar 27, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Should we be taking the rebuilt White Sox seriously as contenders?
Mar 27, 2015, 2:34 PM EDT
Verlander has continued to struggle this spring.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Archer will be the first pitcher other than David Price or James Shields to start Opening Day for the Rays since 2007.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
We shouldn’t forget about the 28- and 29-year-olds getting sent down, too.
Mar 24, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
The rich get richer.
Mar 23, 2015, 9:48 PM EDT
Logan Forsythe is now likely to begin the season as the Rays’ primary second baseman.
Mar 23, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
They’ve reshuffled the deck for 2015. But that’s OK, they do that a lot and it always seems to work out OK.
Mar 23, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Strasburg has started Opening Day for the Nationals in each of the past three seasons.
Mar 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
It was expected that he’d be the second baseman. But there are two reasons he won’t be. The Rays mention one of them.
Mar 22, 2015, 3:39 PM EDT
Blue Jays manager John Gibbons told John Lott of Canada’s National Post on Sunday that infielder Maicer Izturis will open the 2015 regular season on the 15-day disabled list because of a groin strain.
Mar 22, 2015, 2:24 PM EDT
Some good news this weekend out of Rays camp …
Mar 22, 2015, 10:01 AM EDT
Cabrera will be the designated hitter in the Tigers’ home game against the Nationals and Martinez will DH on the road against the Braves. They’re both expected to get around three at-bats.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 43
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)