Oct 3, 2014, 2:47 PM EST
His career strikeout rate of 10.8 per nine innings is the best in the history of baseball for right-handed pitchers with at least 900 innings.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Manager Brad Ausmus pulled Davis from the game, replacing him in center field with Ezequiel Carrera.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:31 PM EST
The Tigers just scored five runs on ten pitches.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
Oct 2, 2014, 6:27 PM EST
This is the 35th playoff game of Cruz’s career and he’s hit 15 homers with a .709 slugging percentage.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
In addition to taking over for Austin Jackson in center field Davis has also hit .282 with a .721 OPS and 36 steals in 134 games.
Oct 2, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
It’s easy to be selfless when you have a $289 million contract, but this is still cool.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman in the early evening, Jason Vargas vs. Jered Weaver for the nightcap.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Davis isn’t a big name, but he stepped in as the primary center fielder when the Tigers traded Austin Jackson to the Mariners in the three-team swap that netted them David Price from the Rays.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Rick Porcello is in line to start Game 4, with Anibal Sanchez in the bullpen.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
For a few years there, I saw it as my personal mission to the spread the gospel of Ron Gardenhire.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
If your team is eliminated, what do you do? Let us help.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 28, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Jose Altuve and Justin Morneau are your 2014 batting champions in the American League and the National League, respectively.
Sep 28, 2014, 3:58 PM EST
David Price allowed just four hits over 7 1/3 shutout innings and Ian Kinsler went 3-for-4 with a home run and two RBI as the Tigers blanked the Twins 3-0 on Saturday afternoon at Comerica Park to clinch the 2014 American League Central championship.
Sep 28, 2014, 12:52 PM EST
Astros management apparently heard the outcry against their initial decision to hold Jose Altuve out of Sunday’s season finale — against Altuve’s wishes — in order to protect his lead for the batting title …
Sep 28, 2014, 12:05 PM EST
Jose Altuve boasts a .340 batting average through 656 at-bats this season and Victor Martinez is at .337 in 558 at-bats. The Astros will take their chances Sunday in the hope of claiming the franchise’s first-ever batting title.
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 0
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (112)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)