Jan 20, 2015, 6:52 PM EDT
Jon Lester signed a six-year, $155 million contract with the Cubs in December and Max Scherzer struck a seven-year, $210 million deal Monday with the Nationals, which leaves James Shields as the last remaining front-line starting pitcher on this winter’s free agent market.
Max Scherzer might bump him from Nationals’ rotation, but Tanner Roark is saying all the right things
Jan 20, 2015, 3:22 PM EDT
Roark was fantastic in 2014, throwing 199 innings with a 2.85 ERA to give him a 2.57 ERA in 252 career innings as a big leaguer.
Jan 20, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
The lefty has lost 15 pounds
Jan 20, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
At least their owner did.
Jan 19, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
The Mets will now have one of the “top 10 largest displays in professional baseball.” Who needs a shortstop?
Jan 19, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
The Rangers officially acquired right-hander Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers this afternoon in exchange for infielder Luis Sardinas and right-handers Corey Knebel and Marcos Diplan, but they looked into a more high-profile addition before deciding on the trade.
Jan 19, 2015, 5:16 PM EDT
The Rangers sent three players, including infield prospect Luis Sardinas, to the Brewers in exchange for starter Yovani Gallardo.
Jan 19, 2015, 3:02 PM EDT
The All-Star Game could becoming to the nation’s capital in 2018 according to a report.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
The Nationals appear to be open to the idea of trading Stephen Strasburg according to a recent report.
Jan 19, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
Max Scherzer will get $210 million from the Nationals, but half of it will be deferred. He’ll make $15 million per year through 2028.
Jan 19, 2015, 10:41 AM EDT
According to a report, the Nationals plan to use a “super rotation” in 2015 that includes newcomer Max Scherzer along with Jordan Zimmermann, Stephen Strasburg, Doug Fister, and Gio Gonzalez.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:44 AM EDT
With Max Scherzer in the mix, the Nationals’ starting rotation has the chance to be one of the best in the last 46 years.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:05 AM EDT
The Nationals and Max Scherzer have reportedly agreed on a seven-year deal.
Jan 18, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
The Marlins added some versatility, signing Don Kelly to a minor league deal on Sunday.
Jan 18, 2015, 7:12 PM EDT
Max Scherzer is talking with the Nationals and at least one other team about a seven-year contract.
Jan 18, 2015, 6:03 PM EDT
The Rangers are on the verge of acquiring starter Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
Jan 17, 2015, 9:25 AM EDT
The Tigers have been connected to free agent starters Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Jan 17, 2015, 8:42 AM EDT
Porcello was acquired from the Tigers in December for outfielder Yoenis Cespedes.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 16, 2015, 8:54 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound like the Rangers are going to make a big splash in the free agent pitching market.
Jan 16, 2015, 1:11 PM EDT
Price is 30 healthy starts away from getting $150 million or more (and maybe a lot more) on the open market as a free agent.
Jan 15, 2015, 9:11 AM EDT
Even the most innocuous statements from Yankees brass can set the rumor mill ablaze
Jan 12, 2015, 6:35 PM EDT
Prieto, who is from Cuba, served in the same capacity with the Athletics over the past three seasons and helped with Yoenis Cespedes’ transition to the United States. He should work closely with Yasmany Tomas this year.
Jan 12, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
Opening Day could still happen, though.
Jan 10, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera underwent surgery last October to remove bone spurs from his right ankle and repair a stress fracture in his foot.
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)