Oct 7, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Up from $14.1 million last year.
Oct 6, 2014, 9:18 PM EST
Only Mickey Mantle, Miguel Cabrera, and Andruw Jones have hit more (four) before turning 22 years old.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Oct 5, 2014, 10:59 PM EST
Buck Showalter is a wizard.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:41 PM EST
Sunday’s hero is now tied for fourth among active players.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Torii Hunter told the media, after his Tigers were swept out of the ALDS by the Orioles, that he is considering retirement.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
It won’t get the attention of his earlier bullpen moves, but it’s hard to tell what Brad Ausmus was thinking in the ninth inning Sunday.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:47 PM EST
Watch the double play that ended ALDS Game 3, sending the Orioles into the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
The Orioles are headed to the ALCS after sweeping the Tigers in the ALDS with a 2-1 Game 3 win on Sunday.
Oct 5, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The Orioles took a 2-0 lead in the sixth inning of ALDS Game 3 against the Tigers thanks to Nelson Cruz’s two-run home run off of David Price.
Oct 5, 2014, 5:59 PM EST
Alex Avila took a foul ball off of his facemask and was forced to leave ALDS Game 3 in the sixth inning.
Oct 5, 2014, 1:51 PM EST
The Tigers are facing elimination Sunday in Game 3 of their ALDS matchup with the Orioles and they’ll be facing elimination again on Monday if they force a Game 4. But that won’t alter the four-man rotation that Detroit manager Brad Ausmus announced before the best-of-five Division Series began.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:43 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Orioles-Tigers series in Detroit …
Oct 5, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
It’s do-or-die time for two of the clubs — the favorites, to many — on the AL side of the postseason bracket. Let’s break down Sunday’s action …
Oct 4, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
David Waldstein of the New York Times explains post-season shares and how important they can be to many involved with a playoff team.
Oct 3, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Four years after driving in 112 runs, Young excels in bench role.
Oct 3, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Miguel Cabrera isn’t running so well these days.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:52 PM EST
Detroit’s manager has looked like a rookie these last two days.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
Brad Ausmus didn’t learn a thing, apparently, after Thursday night’s debacle.
Oct 3, 2014, 3:37 PM EST
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Oct 3, 2014, 2:47 PM EST
His career strikeout rate of 10.8 per nine innings is the best in the history of baseball for right-handed pitchers with at least 900 innings.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Manager Brad Ausmus pulled Davis from the game, replacing him in center field with Ezequiel Carrera.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:31 PM EST
The Tigers just scored five runs on ten pitches.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 27
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 24
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 162
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)