May 29, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
Ryan Howard walked the Phillies off with a three-run homer. Josh Donaldson did the same thing for the Athletics. Really, if you weren’t hitting walkoff three-run homers last night, we don’t want to know you.
May 28, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
The elbow injury epidemic simply can’t be stopped. CSNWashington.com’s Mark Zuckerman reports that Marlins right-hander Henderson Alvarez was removed from his start Wednesday night against the Nationals after experiencing stiffness in his pitching elbow.
May 28, 2014, 6:48 AM EDT
Eight wins in a row have the Blue Jays jumping for joy.
May 24, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Don’t touch Adrian Beltre’s head! Actually, keep touching his head. It’s pretty amusing.
May 23, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
The only thing better than Yu Darvish busting out an eephus pitch is Torii Hunter’s reaction
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
May 22, 2014, 9:51 PM EDT
Position player Danny Worth showed off a pretty nasty knuckleball during a relief appearance today against the Rangers.
May 22, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Corey Knebel has made it to the majors in just under one year.
May 22, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
The hits keep on coming for the Rangers.
May 22, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
In another brutal blow for the Rangers, Prince Fielder is tentatively scheduled to undergo cervical fusion surgery on Tuesday. He’s expected to miss the rest of the season.
May 22, 2014, 4:41 PM EDT
How DARE Matt Harvey say, um, wait. What did Matt Harvey say again?
May 22, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
Some potentially bad news for the Rangers.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
May 20, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
The urban legend had Theo Epstein destroying a hotel room after he found out Jose Contreras decided on the New York Yankees.
May 20, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Since the 1950s, only one guy who has hit at least 30 homer runs in a season has struck out less often than he has homered. Victor Martinez is making a run at it right now.
May 20, 2014, 6:31 AM EDT
Two wins for Ohio teams, both in extra innings, both games decided by homers. Ohio is clearly the home of magical performers turning in clutch performances.
May 19, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
By the way, it is “the prom,” not just “prom.” In my day a prom required an article in front of it. Saying “go to prom” is like saying “go to hospital.” We’re not British, so just cut that crap out right this second.
May 19, 2014, 8:14 AM EDT
There’s a lesson in here somewhere. Let’s see if we can tease it out.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EDT
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 18, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The Tigers’ right-hander, off to a fantastic start in his first eight starts, will get some extra rest and start on Saturday instead of Thursday.
May 18, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
The Tigers got a key starter back on Sunday as they activated Anibal Sanchez from the disabled list.
May 17, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
The Indians could get Jason Giambi back on Tuesday.
May 17, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT
Six shutouts last night. Two of the pitcher variety. Where has all the offense gone?
May 16, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
The Tigers cut short reliever Joel Hanrahan’s bullpen session and will have him go back to long-tossing.
May 15, 2014, 6:30 AM EDT
There is no word for “lose” in Masahiro Tanaka’s vocabulary. It’s not even a translation thing. There is no “lose” in his Japanese or his English. He’s just a giant bag of win and dominance and stuff.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 4
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)