Dec 2, 2014, 9:03 PM EDT
From USA Today’s Bob Nightengale comes word that the Twins have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with veteran outfielder Torii Hunter. FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal confirms the news, adding that the one-year pact is worth $10.5 million.
Dec 2, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
Hunter makes his offseason home in Texas.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 7:02 PM EDT
It was reported over the weekend that Hunter is considering the Orioles, Rangers, and Mariners as well as a potential reunion with the Twins.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
What a concept.
Nov 29, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
It’s down to the Orioles, Rangers, Mariners, and possibly the Twins as Torii Hunter’s next destination, according to a recent report.
Nov 29, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
2015 is likely to be Alex Avila’s last with the Tigers, but the club plans to use him on a full-time basis while they can.
Nov 29, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Busy days for Billy Beane.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
Crow made the All-Star team as a rookie in 2011.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Max Scherzer, a client of Scott Boras, seems comfortable with slow-playing this market. We’ve seen loads of rumors and reports involving the other prominent free agent ace, Jon Lester, but it’s hard to identify which teams are in the running at the moment for Max. The Giants may be one …
Nov 24, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The Phillies have another potential suitor for Cole Hamels, as the Dodgers have joined the Red Sox in the mix.
Nov 24, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
It’s easy to say “it didn’t work before, so it won’t work this time,” but doing so is to misread the current situation with the Boston Red Sox.
Nov 23, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
Torii Hunter could be headed back to where it all began.
Nov 21, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
The interest in free agent outfielder Torii Hunter has been lukewarm, but he represents a decent Plan B or C for a handful of teams.
Nov 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Pittsburgh has done great work recently turning around the careers of pitchers.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
Charges were dismissed against him in August. It now appears he’s heading for trial.
Nov 20, 2014, 1:06 PM EDT
With the Tigers out, the Jays are in.
Nov 20, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
Zimmermann has just one season remaining until he’s eligible for free agency and the 28-year-old right-hander is in line for a massive payday.
Nov 20, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
For now at least there doesn’t seem to be a clear front-runner.
Nov 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Kansas City has already reached out to multiple replacement options.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
The Stanton deal is huge. But don’t listen to those who claim it is insane.
Nov 17, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Avila has struggled following what looked like a breakout 2011 season, hitting just .229 with a .705 OPS in 342 games since then.
Nov 17, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
“We’ll just wait and see what happens.”
Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins
Nov 14, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Biggest contract in baseball history.
Nov 14, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
“We probably won’t re-sign Torii.”
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)