Aug 3, 2015, 5:00 AM EDT
Lots of walkoffs, lots of guys throwing at other guys and, oh yeah, the Mets are in first place.
Jul 28, 2015, 11:08 AM EDT
He had a right to be angry, but maybe he overdid it a bit?
Jul 27, 2015, 8:01 PM EDT
Greene’s 6.72 ERA is the highest among all MLB pitchers with at least 80 innings pitched.
Jul 2, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
This is what your face looks like when you give up your first hit of the game with two outs in the ninth inning.
Jun 10, 2015, 11:01 AM EDT
He missed the first two-plus months of the season with a strained calf muscle.
May 16, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Tigers right-hander Shane Greene was forced to exit last night’s start against the Cardinals after five innings due to mild ulnar neuritis in his elbow.
Apr 16, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Jeter is doing better than the Yankees and their new shortstop.
Apr 11, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez will be in an unfamiliar position to start Saturday afternoon’s game against the Red Sox.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:31 AM EDT
Details from the longest game in Red Sox history.
Mar 28, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
Gregorius injured his wrist Saturday while trying to dive for a ground ball in the second inning.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:32 AM EDT
Bonus: A-Rod talks like a scout, and sounds pretty convincing doing it!
Feb 27, 2015, 9:53 AM EDT
Everyone worried that A-Rod would be a “distraction.” Well, he has been. And that’s a good thing.
Jan 6, 2015, 9:47 PM EDT
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees have worked out the framework of a one-year contract with free agent infielder Stephen Drew. It’s expected to carry a base salary of around $5 million …
Dec 15, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
The Yankees get — well, keep — their man.
Dec 7, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
Starlin Castro is staying put, according to the Cubs.
Dec 7, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
Didi Gregorius was called “a young Derek Jeter” a couple of summers ago by former Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers and now that the 24-year-old shortstop is actually going to be playing in pinstripes — via last week’s three-team trade — the pressure is on him to in some ways meet that hype.
Dec 5, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Gregorius has definitely struggled versus lefties, hitting just .184 off them.
Dec 5, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
It’s not just The Man who Would Replace Derek Jeter in this deal. But let’s talk about that for a second too.
Derek Jeter’s replacement: Yankees acquire Diamondbacks shortstop Didi Gregorius in three-team trade
Dec 5, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
“When I saw him he reminded me of a young Derek Jeter.”
Oct 8, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
How much trading will the Diamondbacks look to do this offseason?
Sep 26, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
With Kirk Gibson gone, a look at what’s next for the Diamondbacks.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Aaron Hill has played exclusively second base since 2007 and has logged nearly 10,000 career innings at the position, but it sounds like the Diamondbacks are preparing to move him across the diamond.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EDT
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
The Nationals have won seven straight, including three in a row in walk-off fashion.
Jul 27, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Baseball’s implementation of home plate collision rules, meant to protect catchers, hasn’t gone as smoothly as expected this season. There was yet another example on Sunday afternoon in Philadelphia.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 14
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 30
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)