Jun 17, 2014, 6:39 AM EST
The Royals are knocking on the door of first place after knocking a former Cy Young Award and MVP winner around pretty good.
Jun 9, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Because the Rangers injury news apparently never stops, now infielder Rougned Odor will be examined further by team doctors today after leaving Sunday’s game with a shoulder injury.
May 8, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
In need of infield help with Jurickson Profar and Kevin Kouzmanoff on the 60-day disabled list and Donnie Murphy hurting with a neck injury, the Rangers have decided to call up 20-year-old top prospect Rougned Odor well ahead of his expected debut timetable.
Apr 30, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
On the 60-day disabled list with a torn shoulder muscle, Rangers infielder Jurickson Profar has been cleared to swing a bat and is expected to resume a throwing program next week.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
Apr 5, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The Rangers’ top prospect begins his long road back to a clean bill of health.
Apr 3, 2014, 1:04 AM EST
The Philadelphia Phillies might not have a top-five bullpen after all.
Mar 26, 2014, 8:20 AM EST
There is a pretty big demand for middle infielders among contending teams these days. The Yankees, the Tigers and now the Rangers either have age, injury or simple lack of quality to contend with among their infielders. And with Stephen Drew seemingly radioactive, there aren’t a lot of candidates around baseball to fill these holes.…
Sep 21, 2013, 7:20 PM EST
The Braves entered the day with a magic number of one to clinch the NL East and eliminate the Washington Nationals from division title contention. If they could overcome Cubs starter Travis Wood, they could bust out the bubbly at Wrigley, but the Cubs had other ideas. Wood surrendered a run in the fourth on…
Aug 17, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
Cubs manager Dale Sveum decided to remove shortstop Starlin Castro from the game after he forgot the number of outs in the top of the fifth inning. With the bases loaded and one out, Matt Carpenter hit a lazy fly ball to shallow left field where Castro ran it down. As he casually slowed down,…
Sep 14, 2012, 4:45 PM EST
Donnie Murphy suffered a concussion Wednesday when Chase Utley‘s leg hit his head during a slide at second base and today manager Ozzie Guillen said the Marlins utility man is not expected to play again this season. Murphy actually remained in the game after the collision with Utley, flying out in an at-bat the next…
Sep 12, 2012, 7:17 PM EST
Is anyone involved with the Marlins even trying anymore? Ownership isn’t. The team played with just 12 position players today, even though the it’s September and rosters can be expanded to 40. Ozzie Guillen isn’t. Perhaps in protest of the limited roster he’s getting to work with, he just went three straight games without pinch-hitting…
May 20, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
Marlins second baseman Omar Infante was scratched from the Marlins’ lineup Sunday against the Indians and placed on a flight to Venezuela after recieving news that his grandfather had died. This according to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald. Infante, 30, has posted a .326/.357/.568 batting line, six home runs and 20 RBI in 140 plate…
Apr 27, 2012, 1:43 PM EST
Prior to the season Ozzie Guillen said that Hanley Ramirez wouldn’t be asked to shift from third base to shortstop if Jose Reyes was out of the lineup for a short period of time and sure enough the manager is following through with that today. Reyes is taking the night off against the Diamondbacks in…
Feb 21, 2012, 11:30 PM EST
The hopes are high with LeBron James having one of the greatest statistical seasons in NBA history and the Dolphins potentially landing Peyton Manning or Matt Flynn as their new quarterback. Also, the baseball team has a new name, a new stadium and a new star shortstop. Let’s see if that does the Marlins any…
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 79
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)