Aug 17, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
The Nats were everyone’s preseason favorites. Now they need to arrest their current skid or else face watching playoff baseball from their rec rooms.
Aug 7, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff for Ian Kinsler and the Tigers, a possible double-agent fails and then succeeds in the Astros-A’s game and there is evil afoot in Washington and Atlanta.
Aug 6, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
With Stephen Strasburg due to return from the disabled list on Saturday, the Nationals are moving the struggling Doug Fister to the bullpen while keeping rookie Joe Ross in the starting rotation.
Aug 4, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
After arriving in 2002, Dombrowski rebuilt an organization that was an utter dumpster fire.
Aug 4, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
A few weeks ago I had no idea what an Adonis Garcia even was.
Jun 26, 2015, 9:14 PM EDT
Max Scherzer isn’t the only Nationals starter who has been pitching well as of late.
Jun 25, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Max Scherzer will start tomorrow night against the Phillies, so the Nationals have a pretty good chance to keep it going.
Jun 16, 2015, 6:12 PM EDT
Nationals right-hander Doug Fister has been on the disabled list since mid-May with a flexor strain in his right elbow, but he tossed six scoreless innings in his second rehab start Friday at Double-A Harrisburg and he …
Jun 13, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Doug Fister may rejoin the Nationals’ rotation soon, but he’ll throw another bullpen first.
Jun 5, 2015, 11:10 PM EDT
Nationals starter Doug Fister, suffering from a flexor tendon strain, will begin a rehab assignment on Sunday.
May 23, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
Tanner Roark posted a 2.85 ERA across 31 starts last season, but the Nationals moved him to the bullpen after signing Max Scherzer to a huge contract over the winter. That depth is coming in handy now that Doug Fister is sidelined.
May 16, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Doug Fister, who went on the 15-day disabled list on Friday, has a flexor strain in his right elbow.
May 15, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
Doug Fister is suffering from right forearm tightness, so he’ll be out at least a couple of weeks. A.J. Cole rejoins the major league club.
May 6, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
This is easily the most photo and video-heavy ATH of all time. Mostly because pitchers did things with bats and teams wore throwbacks last night.
May 4, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
Some late-inning heroics. Extra-innings heroics, actually. Like baseball is some kind of gosh darned after hours club or something.
May 1, 2015, 8:25 PM EDT
Is Cole Hamels an ace? The numbers seem to indicate he is.
Apr 29, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
His sprained thumb has proven to be a minor injury.
Apr 17, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
Dollar for dollar, this starter gives his team more value than just about anyone.
Apr 16, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
The players’ only meeting lasted just a few minutes. When it was over, Papelbon was vague about his reason for getting his teammates together.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Reds and Johnny Cueto didn’t match up on a contract extension, as the right-hander has some big numbers in mind.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
It doesn’t seem like the Nationals and Jordan Zimmermann will reach an agreement on a contract extension before the regular season begins.
Mar 16, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
What’s in store for the Washington Nationals in 2015?
Feb 25, 2015, 10:34 PM EDT
Most people are high on the Nationals this season, but outfielder Bryce Harper might be the highest of all. Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com spoke with Harper on Wednesday …
Feb 21, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann can become a free agent after the 2015 season, and he won’t discuss a contract extension once the regular season starts.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 4
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 21
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 129
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (129)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)