Aug 12, 2015, 5:50 PM EDT
He’s making $5.8 million this season.
May 20, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Stubbs hasn’t played in the minors regularly since 2009.
May 16, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
Jansen tied a major league record in his season debut.
May 10, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Two of the greatest pitchers of this generation each achieved personal strikeout milestones on Sunday.
Apr 21, 2015, 6:09 PM EDT
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado was a late scratch from Monday night’s series opener against the Padres due to soreness in his left wrist and left fielder Corey Dickerson had to exit in the fourth inning after experiencing a flareup of the plantar fasciitis in his left foot.
Apr 1, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
With a new GM and questions surrounding the futures of Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez, where are the Rockies headed?
Mar 23, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
For the same price as a couple of backups …
Mar 13, 2015, 3:16 PM EDT
Every day should be Prince Day.
Jan 17, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
The Braves, Cubs, Rangers, and Orioles are among the teams looking for an outfield bat at the moment.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
The Rockies avoided arbitration with pitcher Jordan Lyles, agreeing on a one-year deal worth $2.475 million.
Jan 14, 2015, 6:32 PM EDT
The Rockies and Drew Stubbs agreed on a one-year deal worth $5.825 million, avoiding arbitration.
Dec 24, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
Ben Badler of Baseball America reports that the Rockies have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with outfielder Roger Bernadina.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EDT
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 17, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Aroldis Chapman delivered an uncharacteristic performance on Sunday, allowing the Rockies to stage a five-run ninth inning and walk off against the Reds in the first game of Sunday’s double-header.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
The Mariners brought back Kendrys Morales in a deal with the Twins today, but they aren’t done attempting to upgrade.
Jul 5, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes and Yasiel Puig are your current leaders in turning a poor play into an amazing play (1).
Jun 18, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Cleveland activated right-hander Zach McAllister from the disabled list and to make room for his return to the roster the Indians designated left-hander Josh Outman for assignment.
Jun 9, 2014, 7:09 PM EDT
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez will undergo exploratory surgery on his left index finger.
May 7, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
Baseball has been played for 150 years, but a first in Major League history occurred last night.
Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
At least a Pirates hitter is leading the majors in something.
Apr 21, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer injured his left hamstring last Thursday and after sitting out the entire weekend while on the active roster the Rockies have placed him on the disabled list.
Apr 4, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
Charlie Blackmon tied a Rockies franchise record with six hits against the Diamondbacks on Friday.
Mar 29, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Rockies may have the most interesting and unintentionally hilarious roster going into Opening Day. They’ll carry 14 pitchers, including two that are injured (Jhoulys Chacin and Boone Logan, who don’t count against the 25-man limit), as well as two catchers, only five infielders, and six (six!) outfielders. The rotation will include Jorge De La…
Mar 21, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Cleveland Indians. The Big Question: Did the Indians lose too much pitching? After four consecutive losing seasons the Indians…
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 78
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)