Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 18, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT
“Good news, but not as good as it could have been.”
Sep 11, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
The Red Sox now believe that Holt’s symptoms could date back to a collision with teammate Dustin Pedroia on August 25.
Sep 11, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
You’ll be shocked to learn that it was “successful”
Sep 10, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia’s season is over due to a hand/wrist injury and Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that the Red Sox second baseman will undergo surgery Thursday.
Sep 10, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
The last-place Red Sox have 17 games remaining.
Sep 9, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Pedroia has hit a career-low .278 with seven homers and a career-worst .712 OPS in 135 games after posting an OPS above .780 in each of his first seven full seasons.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia suffered a concussion last Saturday when he took a forearm to the head in a collision with Rays infielder Logan Forsythe at second base.
Sep 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Dustin Pedroia hasn’t played since suffering a concussion Saturday when he took a forearm to the head and Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports there’s “no sign that he will see action before the Red Sox return home at the end of the week.”
Aug 30, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia took an elbow to the head in the second inning of Saturday’s game against the Rays, and had to leave the game.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
A weird play happened in the eighth inning of Friday’s Astros-Red Sox game.
Aug 13, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
The last Red Sox pitcher to steal a base? Bill Landis on September 8, 1969.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:03 PM EDT
Garrett Richards is working on something special against the Red Sox in his Saturday night start at home.
Jul 17, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
It’s been less than nine months since the Red Sox hoisted the World Series trophy and less than eight months since general manager Ben Cherington won the Executive of the Year award, but with the team sitting at 43-52 he’s already started to apologize for this year’s product.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jun 30, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
No Altuve, no justice.
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
Jun 20, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
It’s not exactly ideal timing considering his recent suspension and overall struggles this season, but Orioles third baseman Manny Machado has his own brand of salsa coming out.
Jun 17, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
Red Sox super utilityman Brock Holt came out of nowhere to make a leaping catch on this ball that left fielder Jonny Gomes lost in the twilight Tuesday night at Fenway Park …
Jun 9, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Detroit’s bullpen is the worst in the American League. And it doesn’t seem to matter who’s closing.
Jun 5, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
After quite the pitching run in the teens, the Indians (Bradley Zimmer) and Tigers (Derek Hill) went for hitters with their first-round selections.
May 26, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
The Red Sox dug out of an early hole this afternoon to snap their 10-game losing streak.
May 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
We now have a scale to measure this — The Intentional Walk Rage System — and Ron Washington darn near broke it yesterday
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 1
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 36
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 118
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (118)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)