Feb 12, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
Less than two months until Opening Day!
I don’t know if Dustin Pedroia is in the Best Shape of His life, but he IS posing with his shirt off
Jan 26, 2015, 5:04 PM EST
Before cell phone cameras we just sat around and posed in the mirror. Now we can share that with everyone.
Nov 24, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
It could happen. It could happen as early as today, folks.
Nov 8, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
This is Molina’s third Platinum Glove Award in the four-year history of the award.
Nov 6, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Pedroia, now 31 years old, has seven seasons and $97 million remaining on his contract.
Nov 4, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
The 2014 Rawlings Gold Glove Award recipients are being revealed during an hour-long special airing right now (7:00 p.m. ET) on ESPN2. We will list all of the winners here, position-by-position, as they are announced by the Baseball Tonight crew …
Oct 30, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
The Fielding Bible Awards are back. And they have an interesting wrinkle this time around.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 22, 2014, 8:39 PM EST
The Giants jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the top of the first inning Tuesday before eventually winning Game 1 of the World Series in a 7-1 rout. And they got off to another fast start in Game 2 on Wednesday night, but the Royals were able to answer right back.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 18, 2014, 6:08 PM EST
“Good news, but not as good as it could have been.”
Sep 11, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
The Red Sox now believe that Holt’s symptoms could date back to a collision with teammate Dustin Pedroia on August 25.
Sep 11, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
You’ll be shocked to learn that it was “successful”
Sep 10, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Dustin Pedroia’s season is over due to a hand/wrist injury and Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that the Red Sox second baseman will undergo surgery Thursday.
Sep 10, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
The last-place Red Sox have 17 games remaining.
Sep 9, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Pedroia has hit a career-low .278 with seven homers and a career-worst .712 OPS in 135 games after posting an OPS above .780 in each of his first seven full seasons.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:57 PM EST
Dustin Pedroia suffered a concussion last Saturday when he took a forearm to the head in a collision with Rays infielder Logan Forsythe at second base.
Sep 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Dustin Pedroia hasn’t played since suffering a concussion Saturday when he took a forearm to the head and Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports there’s “no sign that he will see action before the Red Sox return home at the end of the week.”
Aug 30, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Dustin Pedroia took an elbow to the head in the second inning of Saturday’s game against the Rays, and had to leave the game.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
A weird play happened in the eighth inning of Friday’s Astros-Red Sox game.
Aug 13, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The last Red Sox pitcher to steal a base? Bill Landis on September 8, 1969.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
Garrett Richards is working on something special against the Red Sox in his Saturday night start at home.
Jul 17, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
It’s been less than nine months since the Red Sox hoisted the World Series trophy and less than eight months since general manager Ben Cherington won the Executive of the Year award, but with the team sitting at 43-52 he’s already started to apologize for this year’s product.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (270)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)