Sep 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Dustin Pedroia hasn’t played since suffering a concussion Saturday when he took a forearm to the head and Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports there’s “no sign that he will see action before the Red Sox return home at the end of the week.”
Aug 30, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia took an elbow to the head in the second inning of Saturday’s game against the Rays, and had to leave the game.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
A weird play happened in the eighth inning of Friday’s Astros-Red Sox game.
Aug 13, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
The last Red Sox pitcher to steal a base? Bill Landis on September 8, 1969.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:03 PM EDT
Garrett Richards is working on something special against the Red Sox in his Saturday night start at home.
Jul 17, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
It’s been less than nine months since the Red Sox hoisted the World Series trophy and less than eight months since general manager Ben Cherington won the Executive of the Year award, but with the team sitting at 43-52 he’s already started to apologize for this year’s product.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jun 30, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
No Altuve, no justice.
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
Jun 20, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
It’s not exactly ideal timing considering his recent suspension and overall struggles this season, but Orioles third baseman Manny Machado has his own brand of salsa coming out.
Jun 17, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
Red Sox super utilityman Brock Holt came out of nowhere to make a leaping catch on this ball that left fielder Jonny Gomes lost in the twilight Tuesday night at Fenway Park …
Jun 9, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Detroit’s bullpen is the worst in the American League. And it doesn’t seem to matter who’s closing.
Jun 5, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
After quite the pitching run in the teens, the Indians (Bradley Zimmer) and Tigers (Derek Hill) went for hitters with their first-round selections.
May 26, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
The Red Sox dug out of an early hole this afternoon to snap their 10-game losing streak.
May 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
We now have a scale to measure this — The Intentional Walk Rage System — and Ron Washington darn near broke it yesterday
May 7, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
As part of the promotion for his upcoming auto-biography former Yankees closer Mariano Rivera posted an excerpt in the New York Daily News saying that he’d rather have Dustin Pedroia than longtime teammate Robinson Cano as his second baseman.
May 6, 2014, 8:38 AM EDT
This will go unnoticed in Boston and New York and the matter will be forgotten by lunch. Right?
May 3, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
Dustin Pedroia entered last night’s action homerless over his first 28 games this season.
May 2, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
Joe Posnanski ranks all 30 MLB managers by how good they were during their playing days.
May 2, 2014, 6:29 AM EDT
Let’s play two! Three times! And let’s have a sweep in all three of them!
May 1, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Days off, union beefs and bobbleheads all played a part.
Apr 26, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
He still probably performed better than the guy calling the balls and strikes.
Apr 24, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
Shane Victorino has been sidelined since spring training with a hamstring strain, but he’ll make his season debut tonight against the Yankees.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 0
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 5
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 24
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 29
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)