Oct 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Rangers added some depth by acquiring infielder Ed Lucas on a waiver claim from the Marlins on Friday.
Jun 25, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Miami is already without second baseman Rafael Furcal and now his double-play partner, shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria, is headed to the disabled list with a strained triceps muscle.
May 15, 2014, 8:53 AM EDT
Drew Butera can’t really hit. Many of the guys in the Dodgers’ pen can’t really pitch. This seems like a classic “you got you chocolate in my peanut butter” moment.
May 3, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
The Marlins signed Rafael Furcal to be their starting second baseman, but his health continues to work against him.
Mar 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Yesterday must have been a real emotional roller-coaster for Marlins infielder Ed Lucas, who was told in the morning that he made the Opening Day roster and then fractured his left hand on a hit by pitch in the afternoon. Lucas played semi-regularly for the Marlins last season as a 31-year-old rookie, but this would…
Aug 19, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Placido Polanco, who hasn’t played since being hit in the helmet by a pitch Friday, has been placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list by the Marlins. Polanco has spent all season as Miami’s primary third baseman despite hitting just .253 with one homer and a .600 OPS in 343 plate appearances. He’s scored just…
Jul 26, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
We cover the PED stuff pretty heavily because it’s news and that’s what we do. But I know a lot of you are sick of it. Maybe so sick of it that your overall view of baseball is soured. If so that’s unfortunate, because as Jonah Keri reminds us, baseball is flippin’ sweet at the…
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)