Oct 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Rangers added some depth by acquiring infielder Ed Lucas on a waiver claim from the Marlins on Friday.
Jun 25, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Miami is already without second baseman Rafael Furcal and now his double-play partner, shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria, is headed to the disabled list with a strained triceps muscle.
May 15, 2014, 8:53 AM EDT
Drew Butera can’t really hit. Many of the guys in the Dodgers’ pen can’t really pitch. This seems like a classic “you got you chocolate in my peanut butter” moment.
May 3, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
The Marlins signed Rafael Furcal to be their starting second baseman, but his health continues to work against him.
Mar 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Yesterday must have been a real emotional roller-coaster for Marlins infielder Ed Lucas, who was told in the morning that he made the Opening Day roster and then fractured his left hand on a hit by pitch in the afternoon. Lucas played semi-regularly for the Marlins last season as a 31-year-old rookie, but this would…
Aug 19, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Placido Polanco, who hasn’t played since being hit in the helmet by a pitch Friday, has been placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list by the Marlins. Polanco has spent all season as Miami’s primary third baseman despite hitting just .253 with one homer and a .600 OPS in 343 plate appearances. He’s scored just…
Jul 26, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
We cover the PED stuff pretty heavily because it’s news and that’s what we do. But I know a lot of you are sick of it. Maybe so sick of it that your overall view of baseball is soured. If so that’s unfortunate, because as Jonah Keri reminds us, baseball is flippin’ sweet at the…
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (89)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)