Oct 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Rangers added some depth by acquiring infielder Ed Lucas on a waiver claim from the Marlins on Friday.
Jun 25, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Miami is already without second baseman Rafael Furcal and now his double-play partner, shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria, is headed to the disabled list with a strained triceps muscle.
May 15, 2014, 8:53 AM EST
Drew Butera can’t really hit. Many of the guys in the Dodgers’ pen can’t really pitch. This seems like a classic “you got you chocolate in my peanut butter” moment.
May 3, 2014, 11:59 AM EST
The Marlins signed Rafael Furcal to be their starting second baseman, but his health continues to work against him.
Mar 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Yesterday must have been a real emotional roller-coaster for Marlins infielder Ed Lucas, who was told in the morning that he made the Opening Day roster and then fractured his left hand on a hit by pitch in the afternoon. Lucas played semi-regularly for the Marlins last season as a 31-year-old rookie, but this would…
Aug 19, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Placido Polanco, who hasn’t played since being hit in the helmet by a pitch Friday, has been placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list by the Marlins. Polanco has spent all season as Miami’s primary third baseman despite hitting just .253 with one homer and a .600 OPS in 343 plate appearances. He’s scored just…
Jul 26, 2013, 9:13 AM EST
We cover the PED stuff pretty heavily because it’s news and that’s what we do. But I know a lot of you are sick of it. Maybe so sick of it that your overall view of baseball is soured. If so that’s unfortunate, because as Jonah Keri reminds us, baseball is flippin’ sweet at the…
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)