Sep 28, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
It was the second-to-last day of the regular season, and you probably already saw what happened in the games that mattered. But in case you didn’t …
Jun 27, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Danny Santana has out-performed expectations by a huge margin since the Twins called him up in early May, hitting .328 with an .814 OPS in 37 games after never cracking a .750 OPS at any level in the minors, but now the 23-year-old rookie is headed to the disabled list.
Jun 15, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
Trevor Plouffe was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with a left oblique injury that he suffered in Saturday’s 12-9 loss to the Tigers.
May 14, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Oswaldo Arcia was Minnesota’s starting right fielder when he was shut down with a wrist injury during the first week of the season and now that he’s finally healthy six weeks later the Twins have decided to demote him to Triple-A.
May 9, 2014, 6:31 AM EDT
Getting Shemped: That moment when you decide to stay up late and watch the Dodgers and found out you got stuck with a Josh Beckett start.
May 8, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Pedro Florimon started 127 games at shortstop for the Twins last season and was their Opening Day starter this year, but after hitting .108 in 25 games he’s been demoted back to Triple-A.
May 8, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Sam Fuld has been playing since crashing into the outfield wall last Friday, but this morning he woke up with a severe headache and the Twins have placed him on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 24, 2013, 9:16 PM EDT
Tigers starter Anibal Sanchez has no-hit the Twins through seven innings tonight in Detroit. The only base runners he has allowed came on walks to Jamey Carroll and Chris Parmelee, and he has retired each of the last 17 batters he has faced. Parmelee, Eduardo Escobar, and Aaron Hicks are slated to face Sanchez when…
Apr 3, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
Jim Leyland said all of the right things this spring after Bruce Rondon failed to step up and win the Tigers’ closing gig. He didn’t seem the least bit disturbed to go with a closer-by-committee situation while waiting for things to shake out. And then he went and seemingly abandoned the idea in the second…
Jul 31, 2012, 4:35 PM EDT
The 2012 non-waiver trade deadline has come and gone. Here’s your summary of who went where and for whom: 7/31/12: The Indians Acquire 1B Lars Anderson from the Red Sox for RHP Steven Wright. Quick Take: Anderson is a once-promising slugger who has seemingly run out of gas on his third time through Triple-A. Wright…
Jul 28, 2012, 11:22 PM EDT
As first noted by Mike Axisa of MLB Trade Rumors, the White Sox acquired lefty starter Francisco Liriano from the Twins on Saturday night for infielder Eduardo Escobar and left-hander Pedro Hernandez. Liriano drew trade interest from the Angels, Orioles, Cardinals, Blue Jays, Mets and Braves in recent weeks, but it was the Pale Hose…
Jul 25, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: He’s fine, apparently, and will play Friday. 5:02 PM: The Youk gets hurt again: he left this afternoon’s Twins-White Sox game with a sprained ankle. The injury happened in the fourth inning, though it wasn’t immediately apparent how he suffered the injury. Youkilis is hitting .249/.333/.415 and has 20 RBIs in 25 games since joining…
Jun 25, 2012, 5:40 AM EDT
I’m back after a week’s vacation. I wrote up a long sappy version of it last week, but here’s the short version: San Diego for five days, during which I took Mookie and Carlo to their first ever major league game to see the Rangers vs. the Padres last Monday night. It was a doubly…
Apr 10, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
I can only assume Ozzie Guillen recommended him before leaving for Miami.
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)