Sep 28, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
It was the second-to-last day of the regular season, and you probably already saw what happened in the games that mattered. But in case you didn’t …
Jun 27, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Danny Santana has out-performed expectations by a huge margin since the Twins called him up in early May, hitting .328 with an .814 OPS in 37 games after never cracking a .750 OPS at any level in the minors, but now the 23-year-old rookie is headed to the disabled list.
Jun 15, 2014, 12:21 PM EST
Trevor Plouffe was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with a left oblique injury that he suffered in Saturday’s 12-9 loss to the Tigers.
May 14, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
Oswaldo Arcia was Minnesota’s starting right fielder when he was shut down with a wrist injury during the first week of the season and now that he’s finally healthy six weeks later the Twins have decided to demote him to Triple-A.
May 9, 2014, 6:31 AM EST
Getting Shemped: That moment when you decide to stay up late and watch the Dodgers and found out you got stuck with a Josh Beckett start.
May 8, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Pedro Florimon started 127 games at shortstop for the Twins last season and was their Opening Day starter this year, but after hitting .108 in 25 games he’s been demoted back to Triple-A.
May 8, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
Sam Fuld has been playing since crashing into the outfield wall last Friday, but this morning he woke up with a severe headache and the Twins have placed him on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EST
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 24, 2013, 9:16 PM EST
Tigers starter Anibal Sanchez has no-hit the Twins through seven innings tonight in Detroit. The only base runners he has allowed came on walks to Jamey Carroll and Chris Parmelee, and he has retired each of the last 17 batters he has faced. Parmelee, Eduardo Escobar, and Aaron Hicks are slated to face Sanchez when…
Apr 3, 2013, 7:40 PM EST
Jim Leyland said all of the right things this spring after Bruce Rondon failed to step up and win the Tigers’ closing gig. He didn’t seem the least bit disturbed to go with a closer-by-committee situation while waiting for things to shake out. And then he went and seemingly abandoned the idea in the second…
Jul 31, 2012, 4:35 PM EST
The 2012 non-waiver trade deadline has come and gone. Here’s your summary of who went where and for whom: 7/31/12: The Indians Acquire 1B Lars Anderson from the Red Sox for RHP Steven Wright. Quick Take: Anderson is a once-promising slugger who has seemingly run out of gas on his third time through Triple-A. Wright…
Jul 28, 2012, 11:22 PM EST
As first noted by Mike Axisa of MLB Trade Rumors, the White Sox acquired lefty starter Francisco Liriano from the Twins on Saturday night for infielder Eduardo Escobar and left-hander Pedro Hernandez. Liriano drew trade interest from the Angels, Orioles, Cardinals, Blue Jays, Mets and Braves in recent weeks, but it was the Pale Hose…
Jul 25, 2012, 5:02 PM EST
UPDATE: He’s fine, apparently, and will play Friday. 5:02 PM: The Youk gets hurt again: he left this afternoon’s Twins-White Sox game with a sprained ankle. The injury happened in the fourth inning, though it wasn’t immediately apparent how he suffered the injury. Youkilis is hitting .249/.333/.415 and has 20 RBIs in 25 games since joining…
Jun 25, 2012, 5:40 AM EST
I’m back after a week’s vacation. I wrote up a long sappy version of it last week, but here’s the short version: San Diego for five days, during which I took Mookie and Carlo to their first ever major league game to see the Rangers vs. the Padres last Monday night. It was a doubly…
Apr 10, 2012, 6:28 PM EST
I can only assume Ozzie Guillen recommended him before leaving for Miami.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)