Nov 29, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Josh Donaldson emulated Jose Bautista and it helped him put himself on the map in 2013 with the Athletics.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Elvis Andrus is slimming down.
Sep 23, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
This season can’t end soon enough for some teams.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EST
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Encarnacion was having a monster season before the injury, hitting .277 with 26 homers and a league-high .979 OPS in 88 games.
Aug 12, 2014, 9:33 PM EST
Watch as rehabbing Blue Jays slugger Edwin Encarnacion crushes a grand slam for Triple-A Buffalo in the second inning of Tuesday night’s game against the Orioles’ affiliate from Norfolk …
Aug 9, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
The Blue Jays are 14-15 during Edwin Encarnacion’s absence and have dropped six out of seven coming into play Saturday.
Aug 7, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Brett Lawrie is back on the disabled list, but it’s not all bad news on the injury front for the Blue Jays.
Aug 4, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Out since July 19 with a quadriceps injury, Astros rookie slugger George Springer is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment today at Single-A.
Aug 1, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
Brett Lawrie has been sidelined since June 22 due to a broken right index finger.
Jul 26, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
Blue Jays slugger Edwin Encarnacion hasn’t played since July 5 due to a right quadriceps strain and now his absence appears likely to stretch into August.
Jul 17, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
In search of offense amid the injuries to Edwin Encarnacion, Adam Lind, and Brett Lawrie, the Blue Jays have checked in on the recently-released Alfonso Soriano.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The former top prospect is on the move again.
Jul 12, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
A pair of neck surgeries limited Nolan Reimold to just 56 games between 2012-2013 and now he’s dealing with a calf strain.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Like we said earlier today: the so-called snubs have a way of working themselves out.
Jul 7, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Toronto first baseman Edwin Encarnacion is headed to the disabled list with a strained quadriceps muscle, which actually qualifies as relatively good news considering how bad his injury appeared to be when he was helped off the field Saturday.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 5, 2014, 10:32 PM EST
Edwin Encarnacion was in considerable pain after beating out a ground ball double play to score a run. The Blue Jays are referring to it as right quadriceps soreness.
Jul 4, 2014, 9:04 AM EST
Baseball needs to make an immediate fix to prevent a situation like the one which occurred in Oakland yesterday from happening again.
Jul 3, 2014, 7:23 AM EST
Edwin Encarnacion: “He hanged it, I banged it.” He actually said that.
Jun 29, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
The Home Run Derby may yet get more exciting if Jose Abreu reconsiders his stance on not participating.
Jun 29, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
You likely won’t be seeing Orioles slugger Nelson Cruz in the upcoming Home Run Derby. He’s afraid the Derby will affect his swing.
Jun 28, 2014, 7:33 AM EST
Jose Abreu went deep twice and finished the night tied for the major league lead in homers with 25.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)