Jun 10, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
Tuesday night belonged to Giants rookie right-hander Chris Heston, who threw the first no-hitter of the 2015 season against the Mets at Citi Field. But how about those Toronto Blue Jays?
Jun 9, 2015, 6:13 PM EDT
The cortisone injection apparently did the trick.
Jun 7, 2015, 12:57 PM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion made an early exit from Saturday’s game against the Astros and he is not in the Blue Jays’ starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s series finale.
May 13, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Look what Giancarlo Stanton did to the dang moon!
May 6, 2015, 9:01 AM EDT
A new report on the incident suggests that the umpire was just as much an aggressor as Jacoby was.
May 1, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Always productive, always hurt.
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 16, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Things got a little heated between the Rays and Blue Jays on Thursday.
Apr 6, 2015, 2:17 PM EDT
He’s down 5-0 to the Jays early.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Slated to be Toronto’s everyday designated hitter this season, Encarnacion hit .268 with 34 homers last season.
Nov 29, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Josh Donaldson emulated Jose Bautista and it helped him put himself on the map in 2013 with the Athletics.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Elvis Andrus is slimming down.
Sep 23, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
This season can’t end soon enough for some teams.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Encarnacion was having a monster season before the injury, hitting .277 with 26 homers and a league-high .979 OPS in 88 games.
Aug 12, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
Watch as rehabbing Blue Jays slugger Edwin Encarnacion crushes a grand slam for Triple-A Buffalo in the second inning of Tuesday night’s game against the Orioles’ affiliate from Norfolk …
Aug 9, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
The Blue Jays are 14-15 during Edwin Encarnacion’s absence and have dropped six out of seven coming into play Saturday.
Aug 7, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
Brett Lawrie is back on the disabled list, but it’s not all bad news on the injury front for the Blue Jays.
Aug 4, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Out since July 19 with a quadriceps injury, Astros rookie slugger George Springer is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment today at Single-A.
Aug 1, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Brett Lawrie has been sidelined since June 22 due to a broken right index finger.
Jul 26, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Blue Jays slugger Edwin Encarnacion hasn’t played since July 5 due to a right quadriceps strain and now his absence appears likely to stretch into August.
Jul 17, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
In search of offense amid the injuries to Edwin Encarnacion, Adam Lind, and Brett Lawrie, the Blue Jays have checked in on the recently-released Alfonso Soriano.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)