Jul 22, 2015, 9:56 AM EDT
Justin Verlander can’t pitch the same way he did when he was in his early 20s and expect to be successful. Justin Verlander, however, does not yet believe that.
Jul 22, 2015, 7:35 AM EDT
It was a big night for slugging catchers, Kyle Schwarber chief among them.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:08 PM EDT
Anibal Sanchez has silenced a tough Blue Jays lineup.
Jun 10, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
Tuesday night belonged to Giants rookie right-hander Chris Heston, who threw the first no-hitter of the 2015 season against the Mets at Citi Field. But how about those Toronto Blue Jays?
Jun 9, 2015, 6:13 PM EDT
The cortisone injection apparently did the trick.
Jun 7, 2015, 12:57 PM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion made an early exit from Saturday’s game against the Astros and he is not in the Blue Jays’ starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s series finale.
May 13, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Look what Giancarlo Stanton did to the dang moon!
May 6, 2015, 9:01 AM EDT
A new report on the incident suggests that the umpire was just as much an aggressor as Jacoby was.
May 1, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Always productive, always hurt.
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 16, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Things got a little heated between the Rays and Blue Jays on Thursday.
Apr 6, 2015, 2:17 PM EDT
He’s down 5-0 to the Jays early.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Slated to be Toronto’s everyday designated hitter this season, Encarnacion hit .268 with 34 homers last season.
Nov 29, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Josh Donaldson emulated Jose Bautista and it helped him put himself on the map in 2013 with the Athletics.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Elvis Andrus is slimming down.
Sep 23, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
This season can’t end soon enough for some teams.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Encarnacion was having a monster season before the injury, hitting .277 with 26 homers and a league-high .979 OPS in 88 games.
Aug 12, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
Watch as rehabbing Blue Jays slugger Edwin Encarnacion crushes a grand slam for Triple-A Buffalo in the second inning of Tuesday night’s game against the Orioles’ affiliate from Norfolk …
Aug 9, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
The Blue Jays are 14-15 during Edwin Encarnacion’s absence and have dropped six out of seven coming into play Saturday.
Aug 7, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
Brett Lawrie is back on the disabled list, but it’s not all bad news on the injury front for the Blue Jays.
Aug 4, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Out since July 19 with a quadriceps injury, Astros rookie slugger George Springer is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment today at Single-A.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 0
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 86
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 71
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 70
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 73
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)