Apr 17, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez has two home runs on Friday night, leaving him two round-trippers shy of tying Willie Mays for fourth on the all-time home run leaderboard.
Mar 31, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT
Why is this man smiling when his team appears to be destined for last place?
Jan 26, 2015, 11:45 PM EDT
McGee is expected to begin the season on the disabled list, but he’s hoping to return by late April or early May.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 23, 2014, 8:31 PM EDT
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Braves have signed 38-year-old right-handed reliever Jason Grilli to a two-year, $8 million contract with a club option for 2017 …
Nov 26, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
An intriguing scrap-heap pickup for the Rays.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
If the Yankees can’t bring back David Robertson, Jason Grilli could be one option the club could look at.
Nov 12, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Roach was the Angels’ third-round draft pick in 2010 and got traded to the Padres in 2012 along with Alexi Amarista for Ernesto Frieri.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Sep 20, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
Matt Garza doesn’t hit many batters, but the right-hander managed to hit Andrew McCutchen twice in his start on Saturday.
Aug 8, 2014, 5:49 PM EDT
Frieri posted a 7.34 ERA in 48 appearances, which is shockingly bad for a 28-year-old who came into this season with a career 2.76 ERA and 315 strikeouts in 231 innings.
Aug 3, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
“He’s done,” Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said of first baseman Paul Goldschmidt’s season after he suffered a broken left hand.
Aug 2, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks got some bad news on Saturday, learning that Paul Goldschmidt has a fractured left hand.
Aug 2, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt was hit in the left hand on a pitch from Pirates reliever Ernesto Frieri last night and X-rays came back inconclusive.
Jul 12, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
The Pirates are focused on adding pitching in advance of the July non-waiver trade deadline.
Ernesto Frieri and Jason Grilli ran into each other at an O’Hare Airport bathroom after being traded
Jul 3, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
No word on whether one of them asked the other to spare a square.
Jun 27, 2014, 6:26 PM EDT
The Pirates and Angels have exchanged their troubled closers. Jason Grilli will head west to the Angels. Ernesto Frieri will head east to the Pirates.
Jun 25, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
This week it’s Smith. Next week it’s probably Frieri again.
Jun 19, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
Angels manager Mike Scioscia gave Ernesto Frieri a vote of confidence over the weekend, but he made it clear today that he’s looking at other options to close games.
Jun 19, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Swisher did the damage, but Mike Scioscia and his shaky bullpen laid the groundwork.
Jun 17, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Toronto has called up utility man Munenori Kawasaki from the minors for some infield depth and in a surprising move they demoted right-hander Steve Delabar to Triple-A to make room for him on the roster.
Jun 15, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Ernesto Frieri continues to struggle out of the bullpen for the Angels, but Mike Scioscia isn’t ready to take him out of the closer’s role for a second time… yet.
May 6, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Joe Smith had a very good reason for not getting a save last night.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
Apr 25, 2014, 5:32 PM EDT
After blowing a three-run lead on Wedneday, Frieri is going to be seeing work in lower-leverage situations.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)