Dec 11, 2014, 11:49 AM EST
Cincinnati is open for business.
Oct 17, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
Not that the Tigers aren’t being cautious.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Sep 20, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
This was a day of missed opportunities for the Royals.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Aug 21, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
One unearned run was all he allowed against his old mates. Tough way to lose.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:34 AM EST
For the Tigers, today is all that matters.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
A handful of injuries went down last night, but so too did strict adherence to the Restoring Pitching Act of 2013.
Jun 30, 2014, 11:48 PM EST
Athletics closer Sean Doolittle issued a rare walk before serving up a walk-off grand slam to Tigers outfielder Rajai Davis this evening in Detroit.
Jun 14, 2014, 9:24 PM EST
In eight games, Eugenio Suarez is hitting .400/.500/1.000.
Mar 22, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
When it was announced that defensive whiz Jose Iglesias would miss most (or all) of the season with stress fractures in both of his legs, the Tigers said they were content with considering internal replacements at shortstop. That search apparently included the coaching staff, as Tigers manager Brad Ausmus acknowledged to Jayson Stark of ESPN.com…
Mar 17, 2014, 9:12 PM EST
It was reported over the weekend that Tigers shortstop Jose Iglesias will miss most (or potentially all) of the season due to lingering pain from a shin condition and now we have some clarity about the exact nature of the injury. According to Jason Beck of MLB.com, Iglesias confirmed today that he has been diagnosed…
Mar 14, 2014, 9:53 AM EST
Rick Porcello was probably the happiest guy in the world when the Tigers traded for shortstop Jose Iglesias last season. A groundball pitcher matched up with a top-notch defensive shortstop is the stuff that dreams are made of. Sadly for both of them, however, they won’t be together to kick off the season. Lynn Henning of…
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 6
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 57
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 58
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)