Jan 21, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
Corporan joins Robinson Chirinos as the Rangers’ in-house catching options.
Jan 20, 2015, 9:27 PM EST
MLB.com beat writer Mark Bowman reports that the Braves are in pursuit of free agent Jonny Gomes as a potential left-field platoon mate with Zolio Almonte.
Jan 19, 2015, 11:47 PM EST
After acquiring Evan Gattis from the Braves last week and swapping Dexter Fowler to the Cubs today for Luis Valbuena and Dan Straily, the Astros might have another move up their sleeve soon.
Jan 17, 2015, 10:48 AM EST
The Astros haven’t had a winning record since they went 86-75 in 2008.
John Hart on the Braves: “We may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but we’re going to be a lot of fun to dance with”
Jan 16, 2015, 8:50 AM EST
FanGraphs currently projects the Braves to have MLB’s second-worst record in 2015.
Jan 16, 2015, 7:45 AM EST
Houston has too many catchers.
Jan 14, 2015, 3:05 PM EST
El Oso Blanco is heading to Houston
Jan 14, 2015, 1:40 PM EST
American League teams seem the most interested.
Jan 14, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
But I may be biased and less-than-objective about that.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
A change in direction doesn’t bother Braves president John Hart.
Dec 9, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Which is a neat way of saying “nah, we really don’t want to trade Evan Gattis”
Dec 8, 2014, 6:49 PM EST
The Rangers have been suggested as a potential landing spot for Braves outfielder Justin Upton, but the Texas front office may have a different Atlanta player in its sights at this week’s Winter Meetings.
Dec 6, 2014, 10:48 AM EST
The Mariners signed veteran slugger Nelson Cruz to a four-year, $57 million contract this week, but general manager Jack Zduriencik is still looking for ways to improve his lineup.
Dec 2, 2014, 9:13 AM EST
Gonna change B.J. Upton’s name to “poison pill”
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
What a concept.
Nov 29, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
The Athletics dealt star third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays last night for Brett Lawrie and three prospects, but general manager Billy Beane isn’t done with reshuffling his roster.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
Need some dingers? I know a guy who can get you some dingers, man.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Both will be 38 in the 2015 season.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
Could a team that is unloading salary go nine-figures on an outfielder?
Nov 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Kansas City has already reached out to multiple replacement options.
Nov 13, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
Could that make this man their left fielder? And if so, are there enough antacids in the world for me to endure it?
Nov 10, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
They have a better catcher in Christian Bethancourt and Gattis would be better used on a team with a DH.
Sep 24, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
Evan Gattis hasn’t played a full game for the Braves since September 7 because of strep throat and, more recently, a kidney stone. In that time, Atlanta has lost 12-of-14 games and been completely eliminated from postseason contention. But there will be no early shutdown for the 28-year-old slugging catcher.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 25
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 33
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 114
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (114)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)