Dec 13, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
A change in direction doesn’t bother Braves president John Hart.
Dec 9, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Which is a neat way of saying “nah, we really don’t want to trade Evan Gattis”
Dec 8, 2014, 6:49 PM EST
The Rangers have been suggested as a potential landing spot for Braves outfielder Justin Upton, but the Texas front office may have a different Atlanta player in its sights at this week’s Winter Meetings.
Dec 6, 2014, 10:48 AM EST
The Mariners signed veteran slugger Nelson Cruz to a four-year, $57 million contract this week, but general manager Jack Zduriencik is still looking for ways to improve his lineup.
Dec 2, 2014, 9:13 AM EST
Gonna change B.J. Upton’s name to “poison pill”
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
What a concept.
Nov 29, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
The Athletics dealt star third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays last night for Brett Lawrie and three prospects, but general manager Billy Beane isn’t done with reshuffling his roster.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
Need some dingers? I know a guy who can get you some dingers, man.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Both will be 38 in the 2015 season.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
Could a team that is unloading salary go nine-figures on an outfielder?
Nov 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Kansas City has already reached out to multiple replacement options.
Nov 13, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
Could that make this man their left fielder? And if so, are there enough antacids in the world for me to endure it?
Nov 10, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
They have a better catcher in Christian Bethancourt and Gattis would be better used on a team with a DH.
Sep 24, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
Evan Gattis hasn’t played a full game for the Braves since September 7 because of strep throat and, more recently, a kidney stone. In that time, Atlanta has lost 12-of-14 games and been completely eliminated from postseason contention. But there will be no early shutdown for the 28-year-old slugging catcher.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
Sep 15, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Gattis met with team doctors Monday in attempt to find an answer with his illness.
Sep 13, 2014, 4:36 PM EST
Gattis hasn’t played since last Sunday.
Sep 10, 2014, 2:49 PM EST
Tonight will be the third straight missed game for Gattis and the Braves have tomorrow off on the schedule.
Sep 8, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Gattis has struggled since returning from a three-week disabled list stint for a bulging disk in his back, hitting just .237 with a .720 OPS in 39 games dating back to mid-July after carrying a .900 OPS to the DL.
Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
A bases-loaded walk helped the Tigers win a game. A walkoff plunking gave the Cardinals the win. And the crew in Chicago couldn’t get a tarp on the field. Can anyone around here play this game anymore?
Jul 31, 2014, 4:52 PM EST
The Braves get their lefty and a venerable super sub. The Cubs get an interesting catching prospect.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 21, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Evan Gattis is off the disabled list after missing the past four weeks with a bulging disk in his back and to make room for his return the Braves demoted fill-in catcher Christian Bethancourt to Triple-A.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Braves catcher Evan Gattis, who almost surely would have made the All-Star team if not for being on the disabled list with a bulging disk in his back, has been cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment Thursday at Triple-A.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 18
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 28
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)