Nov 26, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Need some dingers? I know a guy who can get you some dingers, man.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Both will be 38 in the 2015 season.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Could a team that is unloading salary go nine-figures on an outfielder?
Nov 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Kansas City has already reached out to multiple replacement options.
Nov 13, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Could that make this man their left fielder? And if so, are there enough antacids in the world for me to endure it?
Nov 10, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
They have a better catcher in Christian Bethancourt and Gattis would be better used on a team with a DH.
Sep 24, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
Evan Gattis hasn’t played a full game for the Braves since September 7 because of strep throat and, more recently, a kidney stone. In that time, Atlanta has lost 12-of-14 games and been completely eliminated from postseason contention. But there will be no early shutdown for the 28-year-old slugging catcher.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Sep 15, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Gattis met with team doctors Monday in attempt to find an answer with his illness.
Sep 13, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
Gattis hasn’t played since last Sunday.
Sep 10, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
Tonight will be the third straight missed game for Gattis and the Braves have tomorrow off on the schedule.
Sep 8, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Gattis has struggled since returning from a three-week disabled list stint for a bulging disk in his back, hitting just .237 with a .720 OPS in 39 games dating back to mid-July after carrying a .900 OPS to the DL.
Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
A bases-loaded walk helped the Tigers win a game. A walkoff plunking gave the Cardinals the win. And the crew in Chicago couldn’t get a tarp on the field. Can anyone around here play this game anymore?
Jul 31, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
The Braves get their lefty and a venerable super sub. The Cubs get an interesting catching prospect.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 21, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Evan Gattis is off the disabled list after missing the past four weeks with a bulging disk in his back and to make room for his return the Braves demoted fill-in catcher Christian Bethancourt to Triple-A.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Braves catcher Evan Gattis, who almost surely would have made the All-Star team if not for being on the disabled list with a bulging disk in his back, has been cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment Thursday at Triple-A.
Jun 30, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Evan Gattis’ back injury will required an extended absence.
Jun 28, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
He’s day-to-day. At least that’s what the Braves hope.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Mike Trout hit a jaw-dropping 489-foot home run in the first inning of Friday’s game against the Royals.
Nick Massett suspended three games, David Carpenter fined as a result of that Braves-Rockies plunk war
Jun 17, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
If you throw at dudes on purpose, you’re gonna get in trouble for it.
Jun 16, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
He’s a catcher. And Evan Gattis’ bat is essential. So that would make Gattis an outfielder. At least in name.
Jun 2, 2014, 6:08 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Sunday afternoon. So don’t worry if you think you wasted your day because 20% of all major league teams didn’t get much done yesterday either.
May 12, 2014, 6:33 AM EDT
Derek Norris smacked two homers and Gio Gonzalez flashed some Natitude
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 0
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 10
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)