Feb 28, 2015, 4:19 PM EDT
After trading the likes of Justin Upton, Jason Heyward, and Evan Gattis as well as adding a handful of veteran free agents, the Braves have a ton of new faces in camp this spring.
Jan 31, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
The Braves may have pawned off many of their productive players, but Freddie Freeman still thinks they’ll compete in 2015.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Corporan joins Robinson Chirinos as the Rangers’ in-house catching options.
Jan 20, 2015, 9:27 PM EDT
MLB.com beat writer Mark Bowman reports that the Braves are in pursuit of free agent Jonny Gomes as a potential left-field platoon mate with Zolio Almonte.
Jan 19, 2015, 11:47 PM EDT
After acquiring Evan Gattis from the Braves last week and swapping Dexter Fowler to the Cubs today for Luis Valbuena and Dan Straily, the Astros might have another move up their sleeve soon.
Jan 17, 2015, 10:48 AM EDT
The Astros haven’t had a winning record since they went 86-75 in 2008.
John Hart on the Braves: “We may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but we’re going to be a lot of fun to dance with”
Jan 16, 2015, 8:50 AM EDT
FanGraphs currently projects the Braves to have MLB’s second-worst record in 2015.
Jan 16, 2015, 7:45 AM EDT
Houston has too many catchers.
Jan 14, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
El Oso Blanco is heading to Houston
Jan 14, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
American League teams seem the most interested.
Jan 14, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
But I may be biased and less-than-objective about that.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
A change in direction doesn’t bother Braves president John Hart.
Dec 9, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Which is a neat way of saying “nah, we really don’t want to trade Evan Gattis”
Dec 8, 2014, 6:49 PM EDT
The Rangers have been suggested as a potential landing spot for Braves outfielder Justin Upton, but the Texas front office may have a different Atlanta player in its sights at this week’s Winter Meetings.
Dec 6, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
The Mariners signed veteran slugger Nelson Cruz to a four-year, $57 million contract this week, but general manager Jack Zduriencik is still looking for ways to improve his lineup.
Dec 2, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Gonna change B.J. Upton’s name to “poison pill”
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
What a concept.
Nov 29, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
The Athletics dealt star third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays last night for Brett Lawrie and three prospects, but general manager Billy Beane isn’t done with reshuffling his roster.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Need some dingers? I know a guy who can get you some dingers, man.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Both will be 38 in the 2015 season.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Could a team that is unloading salary go nine-figures on an outfielder?
Nov 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Kansas City has already reached out to multiple replacement options.
Nov 13, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Could that make this man their left fielder? And if so, are there enough antacids in the world for me to endure it?
Nov 10, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
They have a better catcher in Christian Bethancourt and Gattis would be better used on a team with a DH.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)