Nov 24, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Seager has emerged as one of MLB’s best all-around third basemen at age 27.
Nov 17, 2014, 9:03 AM EST
Man, he’s TOTALLY gonna miss the meconium!
Nov 8, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Martinez worked alongside Maddon for seven seasons, so he would appear to be a natural fit.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Aug 25, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Pretty much everything went the Orioles’ way this evening.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EST
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Jul 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including another win for the red-hot Rays.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Dirk Hayhurst implies “pillow-case-sized” bag of weed taken in 2011 Evan Longoria-David Price robbery
Jul 4, 2014, 6:46 PM EST
Dirk Hayhurst’s latest piece for Sports on Earth doesn’t name any names, but it hardly needs to. In it, he indicates that the March 2011 incident in which a house shared by Rays players Evan Longoria, David Price and Reid Brignac was robbed also featured a “pillow-case-sized” bag of weed.
Jun 24, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
We first met Chelsea Baker four years ago when she was a little leaguer. Now she’s 17 and pitching to the Tampa Bay Rays
Jun 20, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
Two of the most promising young arms in baseball met last night. But Zack Wheeler got the best of Andrew Heaney on the occasion of the latter’s major league debut.
Jun 4, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
“I guess the rules are not for everyone.”
Jun 3, 2014, 3:25 PM EST
MLB has suspended Red Sox right-hander Brandon Workman six games for throwing a pitch at Rays third baseman Evan Longoria on Friday.
May 30, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
There is a lot of bad blood between the Red Sox and Rays. Things boiled over on Friday night.
May 28, 2014, 3:46 PM EST
It seems like most people don’t realize just how good Carlos Gomez has become.
Apr 26, 2014, 8:05 AM EST
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu hit his eighth and ninth home runs against the Rays on Friday, including a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the ninth. Abreu set a record for home runs in the month of April by a rookie.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Evan Longoria climbs to the top of yet another Rays franchise leaderboard.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
Cesar Cabral was ejected after hitting three batters Friday against the Rays. And then his night got worse.
Apr 16, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
If this is followed by an immediate long term deal for Springer, it tells us something pretty significant.
Apr 4, 2014, 9:49 PM EST
The Rangers saw another pitcher succumb to an injury.
Apr 4, 2014, 6:08 AM EST
Discover the one weird trick Coco Crisp used to hit a walkoff home run in last night’s Mariners-A’s game. The answer may shock you!
Apr 2, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Joe Posnanski picks the Royals to win the division for the 17th consecutive season.
Mar 28, 2014, 1:25 AM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Tampa Bay Rays. The Big Question: Is this a championship offense? The Rays have led the American League in ERA…
Mar 19, 2014, 10:04 PM EST
We know this is how it works. Phenoms get fewer September callups than they used to, and they rarely debut on Opening Day. Instead, it’s June that’s become the popular time for debuts, all in the name of delaying arbitration and free agency eligibility. On the one hand, it kind of sucks: much of the…
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 236
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (243)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)