May 27, 2015, 8:42 AM EDT
Major League Baseball will likely fine Cash for his postgame comments. Because, while umpires don’t have much apparent accountability for their actions, managers do.
May 7, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
Longoria has the longest active games started and games played streaks in MLB.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Today is the day.
Apr 16, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Things got a little heated between the Rays and Blue Jays on Thursday.
Mar 31, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT
Why is this man smiling when his team appears to be destined for last place?
Nov 24, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Seager has emerged as one of MLB’s best all-around third basemen at age 27.
Nov 17, 2014, 9:03 AM EDT
Man, he’s TOTALLY gonna miss the meconium!
Nov 8, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
Martinez worked alongside Maddon for seven seasons, so he would appear to be a natural fit.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Aug 25, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Pretty much everything went the Orioles’ way this evening.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Jul 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including another win for the red-hot Rays.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Dirk Hayhurst implies “pillow-case-sized” bag of weed taken in 2011 Evan Longoria-David Price robbery
Jul 4, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Dirk Hayhurst’s latest piece for Sports on Earth doesn’t name any names, but it hardly needs to. In it, he indicates that the March 2011 incident in which a house shared by Rays players Evan Longoria, David Price and Reid Brignac was robbed also featured a “pillow-case-sized” bag of weed.
Jun 24, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
We first met Chelsea Baker four years ago when she was a little leaguer. Now she’s 17 and pitching to the Tampa Bay Rays
Jun 20, 2014, 7:11 AM EDT
Two of the most promising young arms in baseball met last night. But Zack Wheeler got the best of Andrew Heaney on the occasion of the latter’s major league debut.
Jun 4, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
“I guess the rules are not for everyone.”
Jun 3, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
MLB has suspended Red Sox right-hander Brandon Workman six games for throwing a pitch at Rays third baseman Evan Longoria on Friday.
May 30, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
There is a lot of bad blood between the Red Sox and Rays. Things boiled over on Friday night.
May 28, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
It seems like most people don’t realize just how good Carlos Gomez has become.
Apr 26, 2014, 8:05 AM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu hit his eighth and ninth home runs against the Rays on Friday, including a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the ninth. Abreu set a record for home runs in the month of April by a rookie.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Evan Longoria climbs to the top of yet another Rays franchise leaderboard.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
Cesar Cabral was ejected after hitting three batters Friday against the Rays. And then his night got worse.
Apr 16, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
If this is followed by an immediate long term deal for Springer, it tells us something pretty significant.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 24
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)