Sep 1, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Matt Williams wears sunglasses like this so you cannot tell that he is asleep.
Aug 4, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
Shaffer, a first-round pick in 2012 out of Clemson University, was sporting an impressive .954 OPS and 16 home runs through 55 games this season at Triple-A Durham.
Jun 18, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
He’s a monster.
Jun 8, 2015, 12:27 PM EDT
Perhaps someone picked tonight will eventually crack this list.
Jun 7, 2015, 2:55 PM EDT
Rays third baseman Evan Longoria was held out of Saturday’s game against the Mariners and he won’t play in Sunday’s series finale due to soreness in his left wrist.
May 27, 2015, 8:42 AM EDT
Major League Baseball will likely fine Cash for his postgame comments. Because, while umpires don’t have much apparent accountability for their actions, managers do.
May 7, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
Longoria has the longest active games started and games played streaks in MLB.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Today is the day.
Apr 16, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Things got a little heated between the Rays and Blue Jays on Thursday.
Mar 31, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT
Why is this man smiling when his team appears to be destined for last place?
Nov 24, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Seager has emerged as one of MLB’s best all-around third basemen at age 27.
Nov 17, 2014, 9:03 AM EDT
Man, he’s TOTALLY gonna miss the meconium!
Nov 8, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
Martinez worked alongside Maddon for seven seasons, so he would appear to be a natural fit.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Aug 25, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Pretty much everything went the Orioles’ way this evening.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Jul 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including another win for the red-hot Rays.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Dirk Hayhurst implies “pillow-case-sized” bag of weed taken in 2011 Evan Longoria-David Price robbery
Jul 4, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Dirk Hayhurst’s latest piece for Sports on Earth doesn’t name any names, but it hardly needs to. In it, he indicates that the March 2011 incident in which a house shared by Rays players Evan Longoria, David Price and Reid Brignac was robbed also featured a “pillow-case-sized” bag of weed.
Jun 24, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
We first met Chelsea Baker four years ago when she was a little leaguer. Now she’s 17 and pitching to the Tampa Bay Rays
Jun 20, 2014, 7:11 AM EDT
Two of the most promising young arms in baseball met last night. But Zack Wheeler got the best of Andrew Heaney on the occasion of the latter’s major league debut.
Jun 4, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
“I guess the rules are not for everyone.”
Jun 3, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
MLB has suspended Red Sox right-hander Brandon Workman six games for throwing a pitch at Rays third baseman Evan Longoria on Friday.
May 30, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
There is a lot of bad blood between the Red Sox and Rays. Things boiled over on Friday night.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)