Jul 3, 2015, 9:08 PM EDT
Anibal Sanchez has silenced a tough Blue Jays lineup.
May 16, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
The hope is that rest will do Saunders some good, but Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos admitted that he might not be 100 percent until the offseason.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
Detroit’s manager has looked like a rookie these last two days.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Manager Brad Ausmus pulled Davis from the game, replacing him in center field with Ezequiel Carrera.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Davis isn’t a big name, but he stepped in as the primary center fielder when the Tigers traded Austin Jackson to the Mariners in the three-team swap that netted them David Price from the Rays.
Sep 28, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
As reported by Lynn G. Henning of the Detroit News, outfielder Rajai Davis suffered a Grade 1 strain of his pubic symphysis Saturday night while sprinting down the first base line on a second-inning groundout. It’s essentially a minor groin strain …
May 2, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
The Indians announced this evening that they have claimed outfielder Ezequiel Carrera off waivers from the Phillies. Carrera went 1-for-13 in 13 games with Philadelphia prior to being designated for assignment earlier this week when Delmon Young was activated from the disabled list. Of course, this will be Carrera’s second stint with the Indians. The…
Apr 2, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Last week the Indians designated Ezequiel Carrera for assignment and today the Phillies claimed the 25-year-old outfielder off waivers. Carrera hasn’t hit much in the majors so far, but he’s a center fielder with very good speed and has shown some decent on-base skills in the minors. He’ll be a backup outfielder for the Phillies,…
Sep 14, 2012, 3:46 AM EDT
Cardinals 2, Dodgers 1: A must-win for both teams if they wanted to stop the bleeding, but a muster-win for L.A. since they’re behind in the standings. Just didn’t happen, though. Lance Lynn, back in the rotation in a spot start, allowed one run in six innings and struck out seven to give the Cardinals a…
Feb 18, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
Even after giving up their top two pitching prospects for Ubaldo Jimenez, the Indians couldn’t maintain their hot start last year and lost their last four games to finish under .500 at 80-82. The offseason saw them shopping from the scrap heap, which isn’t unusual, but even as they were forced to pick from largely…
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 13
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 37
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)