Jun 25, 2015, 8:34 AM EDT
An old New York media trope rears its head once again.
Jun 23, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Baseball is amazing and bizarre.
Jun 23, 2015, 6:56 AM EDT
Maikel Franco provides a glimmer of hope for the Phillies in an otherwise dark season.
Jun 22, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
If he faced the Phillies he’d toss six and two-thirds shutout innings and be pulled only because he hit his pitch count.
Jun 18, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
More blowouts. More position players pitching. A couple of heroic performances. We had a little of everything last night.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Altuve hasn’t played since Friday due to a strained right hamstring.
Jun 13, 2015, 10:06 AM EDT
Felix Hernandez had the worst start of his career last night and the Mariners couldn’t get anything going against Brett Oberholtzer, so manager Lloyd McClendon decided to let catcher Jesus Sucre pitch the eighth inning of a lopsided game….
Jun 12, 2015, 8:47 PM EDT
Felix Hernandez was shelled by the Astros in Friday night’s start.
Jun 5, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Morgan Ensberg wouldn’t give up much for Phillies ace Cole Hamels.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:59 AM EDT
Today: lessons in (a) how to call people by their proper name; (b) why you watch an entire game; and (c) how to commit seppuku. Really!
Felix Hernandez and Chris Archer dueled. Chris Archer, by one measure, pitched better. Felix Hernandez won.
May 27, 2015, 3:36 PM EDT
Game scores are interesting things. Wins — the team kind, anyway — are far more satisfying.
May 16, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a milestone for Clayton Kershaw.
May 11, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
I like that picture. It says “Michael Pineda came, Michael Pineda saw, Michael Pineda conquered.”
May 10, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Two of the greatest pitchers of this generation each achieved personal strikeout milestones on Sunday.
May 9, 2015, 8:37 AM EDT
Willis was the Indians’ Triple-A pitching coach
May 5, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
An old friend returns to the site of his greatest triumphs.
Apr 30, 2015, 7:36 AM EDT
An empty park, a lefty whining about the shift and me whining about people whining about the “marine layer.”
Apr 16, 2015, 9:51 AM EDT
Dream on, Yankees fans.
Apr 15, 2015, 8:33 PM EDT
Mariners skipper Lloyd McClendon told reporters on Wednesday night that ace Felix Hernandez will be able to take his next turn in Seattle’s starting rotation this Saturday against the Rangers. Hernandez had to leave his outing last Sunday against the A’s after experiencing tightness in his right quad …
Apr 14, 2015, 11:59 PM EDT
Mariners ace Felix Hernandez made an early exit from his start Sunday against the Athletics because of tightness in his right quadriceps, but it sounds like he won’t have to miss a turn in Seattle’s rotation
Apr 12, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
The Mariners took Felix Hernandez out of Sunday’s start after five innings for precautionary reasons.
Apr 12, 2015, 4:09 PM EDT
Reddick is getting off to a late start this season after battling a right oblique strain for much of the spring. He has the pleasure of facing Mariners ace Felix Hernandez in his debut Sunday afternoon in Oakland.
Apr 6, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
Before that homer Trout was a career .367 hitter with a 1.022 OPS in 54 plate appearances against King Felix.
Apr 1, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Phillies are going to be bad in 2015. But just how bad?
Mar 26, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
The pitching is great and the offense should be better. But is better good enough?
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 0
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 37
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)