Jan 24, 2015, 12:05 PM EST
Abad, 29, posted an excellent 1.57 ERA and 51/15 K/BB ratio across 57 1/3 innings out of Oakland’s bullpen in 2014.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
Salvador Perez was held hitless in his first five at-bats of Tuesday’s American League Wild Card Game at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, but he smacked a walkoff RBI single down the left-field line in the 12th inning to give the Royals a 9-8 victory over the A’s.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Jun 24, 2014, 7:13 PM EST
Major League Baseball gave a five-game suspension to Manny Machado after he chucked his bat in the direction of A’s third baseman Josh Donaldson on June 8 at Camden Yards. Machado appealed that suspension immediately to remain active, and his case is finally going to be heard on Wednesday in Baltimore.
Manny Machado suspended for five games, Fernando Abad fined as a result of Sunday’s bat-throwing incident
Jun 10, 2014, 1:54 PM EST
He should consider himself lucky that all he’s getting is five.
Jun 9, 2014, 6:50 PM EST
Orioles third baseman issued an apology Monday for his actions during Sunday’s game against the Athletics.
Jun 9, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The A’s had strong words for Baltimore Orioles third baseman Manny Machado after he threw his bat during an eighth-inning incident Sunday that cleared the benches at Camden Yards.
Jun 8, 2014, 5:46 PM EST
Orioles third baseman Manny Machado was ejected from today’s game against the Athletics after he intentionally tossed his bat. A suspension from MLB should be coming.
Mar 24, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Oakland Athletics. The Big Question: Is there life without Jarrod Parker? The A’s rotation has been a strength over…
Nov 25, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Oakland added some bullpen depth by acquiring left-hander Fernando Abad from Washington for minor leaguer John Wooten. Abad mostly struggled for the Astros from 2010-2012, but pitched well for the Nationals this year with a 3.35 ERA and 32/10 K/BB ratio in 37 innings. He’ll likely slide into a middle relief role in Oakland, although…
Jun 18, 2013, 6:59 AM EST
Braves 2, Mets 1: A three-hour and fifty-two minute rain delay? Really? Despite that, Dillon Gee shut the Braves out through eight and a third and drove in the Mets’ only run. And despite that he gave up a walkoff two-run homer to Freddie Freeman just before 1:30 AM. Now they play a day-night doubleheader. Expect many…
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 21
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 22
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 162
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (162)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)