Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Jun 24, 2014, 7:13 PM EDT
Major League Baseball gave a five-game suspension to Manny Machado after he chucked his bat in the direction of A’s third baseman Josh Donaldson on June 8 at Camden Yards. Machado appealed that suspension immediately to remain active, and his case is finally going to be heard on Wednesday in Baltimore.
Manny Machado suspended for five games, Fernando Abad fined as a result of Sunday’s bat-throwing incident
Jun 10, 2014, 1:54 PM EDT
He should consider himself lucky that all he’s getting is five.
Jun 9, 2014, 6:50 PM EDT
Orioles third baseman issued an apology Monday for his actions during Sunday’s game against the Athletics.
Jun 9, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
The A’s had strong words for Baltimore Orioles third baseman Manny Machado after he threw his bat during an eighth-inning incident Sunday that cleared the benches at Camden Yards.
Jun 8, 2014, 5:46 PM EDT
Orioles third baseman Manny Machado was ejected from today’s game against the Athletics after he intentionally tossed his bat. A suspension from MLB should be coming.
Mar 24, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Oakland Athletics. The Big Question: Is there life without Jarrod Parker? The A’s rotation has been a strength over…
Nov 25, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Oakland added some bullpen depth by acquiring left-hander Fernando Abad from Washington for minor leaguer John Wooten. Abad mostly struggled for the Astros from 2010-2012, but pitched well for the Nationals this year with a 3.35 ERA and 32/10 K/BB ratio in 37 innings. He’ll likely slide into a middle relief role in Oakland, although…
Jun 18, 2013, 6:59 AM EDT
Braves 2, Mets 1: A three-hour and fifty-two minute rain delay? Really? Despite that, Dillon Gee shut the Braves out through eight and a third and drove in the Mets’ only run. And despite that he gave up a walkoff two-run homer to Freddie Freeman just before 1:30 AM. Now they play a day-night doubleheader. Expect many…
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)