Mar 27, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Braves had one of the stranger off-seasons, both adding and subtracting players while also attempting to rebuild. How bad will they be in 2015?
Jan 31, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
The Braves may have pawned off many of their productive players, but Freddie Freeman still thinks they’ll compete in 2015.
Dec 2, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Gonna change B.J. Upton’s name to “poison pill”
Nov 17, 2014, 4:53 PM EDT
He says he wanted to say, the Braves said he didn’t.
Sep 27, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
This ends a streak of 331 consecutive starts, the longest active streak in the majors.
Sep 1, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Four pitchers, led by Cole Hamels, who handled six innings of it, combined to no-hit the Atlanta Braves.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 18, 2014, 8:18 AM EDT
Because that’s really what baseball is all about.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday in MLB, including a long-awaited win for the Braves.
Jul 24, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Everyone has a gift. This is my gift. I shall now share it with you.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 5, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Fourth of July around MLB, including another win for the red-hot Braves.
Play of the Day: Phillies broadcaster Tom McCarthy catches Freddie Freeman’s home run in the center field seats
Jun 27, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
Tom McCarthy was the unlikely recipient of a Freddie Freeman home run ball while broadcasting from center field.
May 20, 2014, 6:31 AM EDT
Two wins for Ohio teams, both in extra innings, both games decided by homers. Ohio is clearly the home of magical performers turning in clutch performances.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EDT
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 14, 2014, 8:21 AM EDT
Does the Giants catcher need to be more aggressive behind the plate?
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EDT
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 9, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Once enemies, Carlos Gomez and Brian McCann are now friends.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)