Jan 31, 2015, 9:00 PM EST
The Braves may have pawned off many of their productive players, but Freddie Freeman still thinks they’ll compete in 2015.
Dec 2, 2014, 9:13 AM EST
Gonna change B.J. Upton’s name to “poison pill”
Nov 17, 2014, 4:53 PM EST
He says he wanted to say, the Braves said he didn’t.
Sep 27, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
This ends a streak of 331 consecutive starts, the longest active streak in the majors.
Sep 1, 2014, 4:21 PM EST
Four pitchers, led by Cole Hamels, who handled six innings of it, combined to no-hit the Atlanta Braves.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 18, 2014, 8:18 AM EST
Because that’s really what baseball is all about.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EST
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday in MLB, including a long-awaited win for the Braves.
Jul 24, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Everyone has a gift. This is my gift. I shall now share it with you.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EST
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 5, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Fourth of July around MLB, including another win for the red-hot Braves.
Play of the Day: Phillies broadcaster Tom McCarthy catches Freddie Freeman’s home run in the center field seats
Jun 27, 2014, 7:23 PM EST
Tom McCarthy was the unlikely recipient of a Freddie Freeman home run ball while broadcasting from center field.
May 20, 2014, 6:31 AM EST
Two wins for Ohio teams, both in extra innings, both games decided by homers. Ohio is clearly the home of magical performers turning in clutch performances.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EST
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 14, 2014, 8:21 AM EST
Does the Giants catcher need to be more aggressive behind the plate?
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EST
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EST
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 9, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Once enemies, Carlos Gomez and Brian McCann are now friends.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 1, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
The Braves and third baseman Chris Johnson have reportedly agreed to a three-year extension with a club option for 2018.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)