Sep 1, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Four pitchers, led by Cole Hamels, who handled six innings of it, combined to no-hit the Atlanta Braves.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 18, 2014, 8:18 AM EDT
Because that’s really what baseball is all about.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday in MLB, including a long-awaited win for the Braves.
Jul 24, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Everyone has a gift. This is my gift. I shall now share it with you.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 5, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Fourth of July around MLB, including another win for the red-hot Braves.
Play of the Day: Phillies broadcaster Tom McCarthy catches Freddie Freeman’s home run in the center field seats
Jun 27, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
Tom McCarthy was the unlikely recipient of a Freddie Freeman home run ball while broadcasting from center field.
May 20, 2014, 6:31 AM EDT
Two wins for Ohio teams, both in extra innings, both games decided by homers. Ohio is clearly the home of magical performers turning in clutch performances.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EDT
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 14, 2014, 8:21 AM EDT
Does the Giants catcher need to be more aggressive behind the plate?
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EDT
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 9, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Once enemies, Carlos Gomez and Brian McCann are now friends.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 1, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
The Braves and third baseman Chris Johnson have reportedly agreed to a three-year extension with a club option for 2018.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 27, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Reds manager Bryan Price made the right call in challenging a first-inning ruling by the first base umpire, but was punished in several ways.
Apr 18, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Jeff Samardzija unselfishly wants to get paid. It’s not as crazy as it sounds.
Apr 18, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
One of the most unlikely pitchers to throw a no-hitter is working on a no-hitter.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)