Nov 17, 2014, 4:53 PM EST
He says he wanted to say, the Braves said he didn’t.
Sep 27, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
This ends a streak of 331 consecutive starts, the longest active streak in the majors.
Sep 1, 2014, 4:21 PM EST
Four pitchers, led by Cole Hamels, who handled six innings of it, combined to no-hit the Atlanta Braves.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 18, 2014, 8:18 AM EST
Because that’s really what baseball is all about.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EST
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday in MLB, including a long-awaited win for the Braves.
Jul 24, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Everyone has a gift. This is my gift. I shall now share it with you.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EST
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 5, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Fourth of July around MLB, including another win for the red-hot Braves.
Play of the Day: Phillies broadcaster Tom McCarthy catches Freddie Freeman’s home run in the center field seats
Jun 27, 2014, 7:23 PM EST
Tom McCarthy was the unlikely recipient of a Freddie Freeman home run ball while broadcasting from center field.
May 20, 2014, 6:31 AM EST
Two wins for Ohio teams, both in extra innings, both games decided by homers. Ohio is clearly the home of magical performers turning in clutch performances.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EST
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 14, 2014, 8:21 AM EST
Does the Giants catcher need to be more aggressive behind the plate?
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EST
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EST
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 9, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Once enemies, Carlos Gomez and Brian McCann are now friends.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 1, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
The Braves and third baseman Chris Johnson have reportedly agreed to a three-year extension with a club option for 2018.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 27, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Reds manager Bryan Price made the right call in challenging a first-inning ruling by the first base umpire, but was punished in several ways.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (159)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)