Aug 20, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Hector Olivera was the big get for the Braves in the three-team, 13-player deal before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline.
Aug 15, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
Freddie Freeman will rehab at Triple-A Gwinnett and could be activated during the week.
Aug 4, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT
In between the DL stints Freeman played just 10 games.
Aug 3, 2015, 9:13 PM EDT
The Braves are calling him day-to-day, but these type of injuries are notoriously tricky.
Jul 25, 2015, 4:55 PM EDT
Freeman has been sidelined since June 17 with a right wrist injury.
Jul 20, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
Freddie Freeman’s absence with a right wrist injury has dragged on longer than the Braves originally expected, but he’s finally making some progress.
Jul 15, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman had been expected to return from his right wrist contusion immediately after the All-Star break, but it’s not going to play out that way for the 25-year-old.
Jul 2, 2015, 8:26 PM EDT
Freeman hopes to return right after the All-Star break, but he acknowledges that it’s a “best-case scenario.”
Jun 25, 2015, 6:19 PM EDT
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman landed on the disabled list earlier this week with what was termed as a right wrist contusion.
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
Jun 23, 2015, 12:52 PM EDT
Huge loss for Atlanta.
Jun 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
He didn’t make the team’s flight to Washington following his MRI.
Jun 20, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Freddie Freeman, bothered by wrist soreness, remains out of the Braves’ lineup on Saturday.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:59 AM EDT
Today: lessons in (a) how to call people by their proper name; (b) why you watch an entire game; and (c) how to commit seppuku. Really!
Jun 1, 2015, 6:39 AM EDT
Not gonna lie, there are some morbid thoughts in a couple of these recaps. But there’s also Bartolo Colon hitting an RBI double and if that’s not life-affirming, nothing is.
May 29, 2015, 2:08 PM EDT
Hint: he was doing it with the Braves too.
Quote of the Day: Freddie Freeman inadvertently illustrates the silliness of the foreign substance rules
May 22, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Paraphrased: “Smith should be way less obvious about the fact that he’s trying to keep us safe!”
May 21, 2015, 9:33 PM EDT
Brewers reliever Will Smith was ejected from Thursday’s game against the Braves in the bottom of the seventh inning after he was found to have a foreign substance on his non-throwing arm.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Braves had one of the stranger off-seasons, both adding and subtracting players while also attempting to rebuild. How bad will they be in 2015?
Jan 31, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
The Braves may have pawned off many of their productive players, but Freddie Freeman still thinks they’ll compete in 2015.
Dec 2, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Gonna change B.J. Upton’s name to “poison pill”
Nov 17, 2014, 4:53 PM EDT
He says he wanted to say, the Braves said he didn’t.
Sep 27, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
This ends a streak of 331 consecutive starts, the longest active streak in the majors.
Sep 1, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Four pitchers, led by Cole Hamels, who handled six innings of it, combined to no-hit the Atlanta Braves.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 28
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 64
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)