Jan 22, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
He spent last season with the Rangers and A’s, being limited to just 24 games while hitting .250 with one homer and a .665 OPS.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:54 PM EST
After Wednesday’s 8-0 loss, it’s time for the Pirates to start thinking about next year.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:44 AM EST
In-game losses left the A’s undermanned in defeat.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:06 PM EST
Derek Norris came off the bench to replace him.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Some surprises for Oakland. Zero surprises for Kansas City.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:14 AM EST
The Royals salvage one and their hopes of an AL Central title remain alive.
Sep 18, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
The only thing more painful than hitting rock bottom is thinking you’ve hit it, only to find out there’s still more room to sink.
Sep 17, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
This year he hit .264 with nine homers and a .767 OPS in 99 games, including 47 starts at catcher.
Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 AM EST
Four Phillies combine for the no-no. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen more of these in recent years.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:28 AM EST
Jaso missed the playoffs last year due to a severe concussion. He’s out with brain trauma once again.
Aug 24, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
As first reported by Chris Cotillo at MLB Daily Dish, the A’s have acquired catcher Geovany Soto from the Rangers for future cash considerations.
Aug 8, 2014, 4:51 PM EST
Geovany Soto made it just three games between disabled list stints last time, so the Rangers will hope the veteran catcher can stick around on the active roster for a bit longer now.
Jul 22, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
At this point the Rangers’ injury situation is absurd.
Jul 17, 2014, 5:32 PM EST
Texas’ never-ending roster shuffling continues.
Jul 11, 2014, 3:26 PM EST
Too bad he didn’t sign with Seattle or Colorado.
Jul 5, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Darwin Barney is feeling a little lonely in the Cubs’ clubhouse these days.
Jun 30, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Geovany Soto has been sidelined all season following surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee in March, but he’s finally getting closer to joining the Rangers.
Apr 4, 2014, 9:49 PM EST
The Rangers saw another pitcher succumb to an injury.
Mar 24, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
The bad news keeps coming for the Rangers, who announced yesterday that infielder Jurickson Profar will be out for 10-12 weeks with a torn shoulder muscle and have now lost catcher Geovany Soto for 10-12 weeks with a torn lateral meniscus in his knee. Soto will undergo surgery, likely leaving J.P. Arencibia as the starting…
Feb 26, 2014, 4:11 PM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. First up: The Texas Rangers. The Big Question: Were the bold moves bold enough? The past two offseasons seasons saw the division…
Feb 22, 2014, 2:01 PM EST
According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, Rangers catcher Geovany Soto will be sidelined for three weeks after he underwent surgery this morning to remove a small bone that was putting pressure on a tendon in his left foot. Despite the surgery, the Rangers still expect Soto to be ready for Opening Day.…
Feb 19, 2014, 12:19 PM EST
Rangers manager Ron Washington already has a lineup and batting order in mind for the regular season and he shared it with reporters today: LF Shin-Soo Choo SS Elvis Andrus 1B Prince Fielder 3B Adrian Beltre RF Alex Rios DH Mitch Moreland C Geovany Soto 2B Jurickson Profar CF Leonys Martin No big surprises, although…
Dec 25, 2013, 12:26 AM EST
Here’s the rundown of where this winter’s top 150 free agents are landing, continuously updated throughout the offseason. Re-signings are posted in red, while players signing with new teams are in blue. Stars denote players who received qualifying offers and thus will cost their new team a draft pick if they sign elsewhere. (Non-tenders have…
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 0
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 278
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (278)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)