Jun 29, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Brewers outfielder Khris Davis needed surgery about a month ago for a torn meniscus in his right knee.
Jun 17, 2015, 8:01 PM EDT
Carlos Gomez was held out of the Brewers’ starting lineup on Monday and Tuesday night because of discomfort in his hip, but an MRI turned up negative for structural damage …
Jun 16, 2015, 10:22 PM EDT
Brewers center fielder Carlos Gomez was a late scratch from Monday’s series opener against the Royals and he is out of the starting lineup again on Tuesday, but his hip issue is not overly serious …
Jun 12, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Thursday around MLB, including a comeback win for the Brewers over the scuffling Nationals.
Jun 2, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
Gerardo Parra will be an everyday player with Davis out.
May 30, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
Khris Davis is headed to the disabled list and to the operating table after tearing the meniscus in his right knee on Saturday.
May 17, 2015, 3:02 PM EDT
Frightening scene just now at the Mets’ Citi Field.
May 1, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
The Brewers are off to a rough start and are reportedly ready to start selling off some players.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:23 PM EDT
Gomez is dealing with a slight “defect” or “tear” in his hamstring and was given a cortisone shot.
Apr 8, 2015, 4:11 PM EDT
An off day tomorrow gives Braun three days off.
Apr 7, 2015, 6:07 PM EDT
Ryan Braun had to be pulled from Monday’s season-opener against the Rockies after tweaking a muscle in his rib cage while extending to make a catch in right field. There was some concern that it might be an oblique or intercostal strain, which would send him to the 15-day disabled list, but worry no more …
Apr 6, 2015, 6:08 PM EDT
Ryan Braun didn’t have an issue with his right thumb during spring training, but now he has a new injury to deal with.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Sep 26, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
It makes sense given their roster. But can Braun’s bat rebound enough to justify him playing first base?
Sep 24, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
Shocker: Plaschke has a serious double standard when it comes to Mr. Puig.
Sep 11, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
Braun has missed two straight starts with a lingering thumb injury.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
As if the free-falling Brewers needed any more bad news …
Sep 5, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Brewers third baseman Hector Gomez tried to impede Jon Jay’s sight of a fly ball to right field, and Jay was ultimately thrown out to end the ninth inning. Gomez’s behavior irked Cardinals manager Mike Matheny.
Sep 2, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
It’s particularly rough timing, as Milwaukee hosts a four-game series with St. Louis beginning Thursday.
Jorge Soler is third player in last 100 years with an extra-base hit in each of his first five games
Sep 1, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
Enos Slaughter (1933) and Will Middlebrooks (2012) are the only others.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EDT
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
Welcome to the Tigers, David Price. Welcome to the big leagues Javier Baez.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 31, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Parra’s offensive production has dropped off this season, falling about 50 points compared to his career norms, but he remains an excellent defensive corner outfielder capable of handling center field if needed.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)