Dec 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Need some pitching? The Marlins have a lot of it and are willing to use a pitcher or two to address other areas of need.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Need some dingers? I know a guy who can get you some dingers, man.
Nov 23, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Uncle Sam will be coming for Giancarlo Stanton.
Nov 20, 2014, 7:44 AM EDT
No one ever asks the billionaire owners of baseball teams questions like that.
Nov 19, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
The Marlins have some money to spend, and free agent first baseman Adam LaRoche appears to be among their targets.
Nov 19, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Which, frankly, sounds like a threat.
Nov 18, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
What’s with all the aggression today?
Nov 18, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
Stanton will actually make less in the first three years of this deal than he would’ve in arbitration.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
The Stanton deal is huge. But don’t listen to those who claim it is insane.
Nov 15, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Which is kind of neat, even if it reminds us how weird scoops are.
Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins
Nov 14, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Biggest contract in baseball history.
Nov 14, 2014, 8:42 AM EDT
Will he turn down the largest contract in baseball history?
Nov 13, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Clayton Kershaw adds yet more hardware to his mantle.
Nov 13, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
Mike Trout is, at long last, the American League’s Most Valuable Player.
Nov 13, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
Is this real life?
Nov 10, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
Much has been made about the Marlins’ efforts to attempt to sign star outfielder Giancarlo Stanton to a contract extension, but they are also talking to some of their other young players.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 5, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
The Marlins have begun “preliminary” negotiations toward a long-term contract extension with 24-year-old slugger Giancarlo Stanton.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Nov 2, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Michael Hill, the Marlins’ president of baseball operations, was a guest Sunday on MLB Network Radio with Jim Bowden and Jim Duquette. Among the topics: the club’s future with Giancarlo Stanton …
Oct 26, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton will wear a helmet with a face mask after being hit in the face with a fastball back in September. He’s expected to be ready when spring training begins.
Oct 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Mike Trout and Giancarlo Stanton are your winners of the 2014 Hank Aaron Award.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 3, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
Jose Fernandez was enthusiastic about his second throwing session on Friday, but also remained realistic about the pace at which he must go to successfully return from Tommy John surgery.
Sep 30, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is about to get expensive. But the Marlins are not inclined to deal him.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 82
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)