Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EDT
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 AM EDT
The Kansas City Royals are in first place. In mid-August. This is nor a drill.
Aug 11, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is now up to 31 home runs on the year, which ties Jose Abreu of the White Sox for the major league lead.
Aug 10, 2014, 4:24 PM EDT
Watch as Reds right fielder Jay Bruce climbs the wall to rob Giancarlo Stanton of a home run in the top of the eighth inning Sunday afternoon at Great American Ball Park …
Aug 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
It might be tough for the Marlins to lock up Giancarlo Stanton, according to Jon Heyman’s report.
Aug 5, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Kershaw? Puig? Stanton?
Aug 1, 2014, 8:27 AM EDT
A rule that was designed to protect catchers is being used as a weapon against them.
Jul 20, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Hitters rarely credit the Home Run Derby when they perform well in the second half. Usually, they only blame it if they struggle. Giancarlo Stanton says the Derby helped him get locked in after slumping going into the All-Star break.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Jul 15, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Midsummer Classic is finally here. Let’s look at what we’ll be looking at this evening.
Jul 15, 2014, 1:51 PM EDT
Last night Giancarlo Stanton hit a baseball an estimated 510 feet, damn near smacking it out of Target Field.
Jul 14, 2014, 11:52 PM EDT
Cespedes repeats. And a new Home Run Derby format fizzles.
Jul 14, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
We’re keeping a running commentary on the Home Run Derby. So you don’t have to.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is the favorite. Who else is in the hunt?
Jul 14, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Cardinals right-hander Adam Wainwright and Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez have been named the starting pitchers for the All-Star game, and here are the starting lineups they’ll be facing tomorrow night.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The last baseball that counts for a few days. Enjoy it, folks.
Jul 12, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
This is the first All-Star selection for Henderson Alvarez.
Jul 11, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton: the California Chrome of the Home Run Derby
Jul 10, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
The field for next week’s Home Run Derby is officially in place.
Jul 8, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Home Run Derby league captains Troy Tulowtizki and Jose Bautista just revealed four of their five choices for next week’s event live on ESPN’s Sportscenter. The final two participants for the 2014 Home Run Derby will be announced Thursday.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 5, 2014, 12:10 AM EDT
Carlos Gomez wants to participate in the Home Run Derby, so he had Ryan Braun talk to Troy Tulowitzki on his behalf.
Jul 3, 2014, 9:52 PM EDT
Good news for people who like fun things.
Jul 2, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
One of the more interesting tidbits within the Astros’ leaked internal communications earlier this week was an potential trade for Marlins superstar Giancarlo Stanton, which means the Marlins are yet again trying to convince the baseball world and Stanton that he’s not going to be traded.
Jun 30, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
They could’ve had Ichiro. They could’ve had Giancarlo Stanton. They wanted the world for Bud Norris. Oh, and by the way, the fact that we know this means that someone probably broke the law.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)