Oct 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Mike Trout and Giancarlo Stanton are your winners of the 2014 Hank Aaron Award.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 3, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
Jose Fernandez was enthusiastic about his second throwing session on Friday, but also remained realistic about the pace at which he must go to successfully return from Tommy John surgery.
Sep 30, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton is about to get expensive. But the Marlins are not inclined to deal him.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 28, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
As first reported by Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Marlins have agreed to a contract extension with manager Mike Redmond that will run through the 2017 season. Miami has also announced that Redmond’s entire coaching staff will return in 2015.
Sep 27, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton suffered multiple facial fractures and dental damage when he was hit by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers on September 11, but he’s looking like his old self again just a little over two weeks later.
Sep 19, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
As usual, context is everything.
Sep 18, 2014, 8:58 PM EST
Stanton suffered facial fractures and dental damage when he was hit in the face by a fastball last Thursday.
Sep 17, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Stanton, who hit .288 with a league-leading 37 homers and a league-leading .950 OPS before the injury, will end up missing the final 17 games of the season.
Sep 17, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
“His mindset is he wants to come back and play. Ours is, absolutely, if it can happen.”
Sep 16, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Which makes absolutely no friggin’ sense at all.
Sep 16, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Five days after a fastball to the face sent him to the hospital with multiple facial fractures and dental damage Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton posted a before-and-after picture to show how much he’s improved.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Ryne Sandberg suggests that hitters in his era were better suited to avoid getting hit by pitches because it was a part of the game back then.
Sep 12, 2014, 5:01 PM EST
DeSclafani has appealed his suspension, so he’ll be available out of the Marlins’ bullpen in the meantime.
Sep 12, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton is looking at a long road back from some gruesome injuries suffered when he was hit in the face by a pitch last night, but today he’s at least feeling good enough to tweet.
Sep 12, 2014, 10:36 AM EST
There may come a day when everyone looks like Jason Heyward here. But I doubt it will happen for a while.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 12, 2014, 1:06 AM EST
Stanton was hit on the left side of his face by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers in the top of the fifth inning.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
Headley was hit in the mouth by a 98 mph fastball from Jake McGee and will undergo X-rays on his jaw.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Sep 2, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton picked up his 35th home run of the season and 100th and 101st RBI with this blast to left-center field in the bottom of the third inning Tuesday night in Miami …
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)