Oct 26, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton will wear a helmet with a face mask after being hit in the face with a fastball back in September. He’s expected to be ready when spring training begins.
Oct 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Mike Trout and Giancarlo Stanton are your winners of the 2014 Hank Aaron Award.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 3, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
Jose Fernandez was enthusiastic about his second throwing session on Friday, but also remained realistic about the pace at which he must go to successfully return from Tommy John surgery.
Sep 30, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton is about to get expensive. But the Marlins are not inclined to deal him.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 28, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
As first reported by Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Marlins have agreed to a contract extension with manager Mike Redmond that will run through the 2017 season. Miami has also announced that Redmond’s entire coaching staff will return in 2015.
Sep 27, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton suffered multiple facial fractures and dental damage when he was hit by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers on September 11, but he’s looking like his old self again just a little over two weeks later.
Sep 19, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
As usual, context is everything.
Sep 18, 2014, 8:58 PM EST
Stanton suffered facial fractures and dental damage when he was hit in the face by a fastball last Thursday.
Sep 17, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Stanton, who hit .288 with a league-leading 37 homers and a league-leading .950 OPS before the injury, will end up missing the final 17 games of the season.
Sep 17, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
“His mindset is he wants to come back and play. Ours is, absolutely, if it can happen.”
Sep 16, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Which makes absolutely no friggin’ sense at all.
Sep 16, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Five days after a fastball to the face sent him to the hospital with multiple facial fractures and dental damage Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton posted a before-and-after picture to show how much he’s improved.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Ryne Sandberg suggests that hitters in his era were better suited to avoid getting hit by pitches because it was a part of the game back then.
Sep 12, 2014, 5:01 PM EST
DeSclafani has appealed his suspension, so he’ll be available out of the Marlins’ bullpen in the meantime.
Sep 12, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton is looking at a long road back from some gruesome injuries suffered when he was hit in the face by a pitch last night, but today he’s at least feeling good enough to tweet.
Sep 12, 2014, 10:36 AM EST
There may come a day when everyone looks like Jason Heyward here. But I doubt it will happen for a while.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 12, 2014, 1:06 AM EST
Stanton was hit on the left side of his face by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers in the top of the fifth inning.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
Headley was hit in the mouth by a 98 mph fastball from Jake McGee and will undergo X-rays on his jaw.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 35
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (88)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)