Sep 28, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
As first reported by Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Marlins have agreed to a contract extension with manager Mike Redmond that will run through the 2017 season. Miami has also announced that Redmond’s entire coaching staff will return in 2015.
Sep 27, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton suffered multiple facial fractures and dental damage when he was hit by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers on September 11, but he’s looking like his old self again just a little over two weeks later.
Sep 19, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
As usual, context is everything.
Sep 18, 2014, 8:58 PM EST
Stanton suffered facial fractures and dental damage when he was hit in the face by a fastball last Thursday.
Sep 17, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Stanton, who hit .288 with a league-leading 37 homers and a league-leading .950 OPS before the injury, will end up missing the final 17 games of the season.
Sep 17, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
“His mindset is he wants to come back and play. Ours is, absolutely, if it can happen.”
Sep 16, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Which makes absolutely no friggin’ sense at all.
Sep 16, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Five days after a fastball to the face sent him to the hospital with multiple facial fractures and dental damage Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton posted a before-and-after picture to show how much he’s improved.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Ryne Sandberg suggests that hitters in his era were better suited to avoid getting hit by pitches because it was a part of the game back then.
Sep 12, 2014, 5:01 PM EST
DeSclafani has appealed his suspension, so he’ll be available out of the Marlins’ bullpen in the meantime.
Sep 12, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton is looking at a long road back from some gruesome injuries suffered when he was hit in the face by a pitch last night, but today he’s at least feeling good enough to tweet.
Sep 12, 2014, 10:36 AM EST
There may come a day when everyone looks like Jason Heyward here. But I doubt it will happen for a while.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 12, 2014, 1:06 AM EST
Stanton was hit on the left side of his face by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers in the top of the fifth inning.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
Headley was hit in the mouth by a 98 mph fastball from Jake McGee and will undergo X-rays on his jaw.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Sep 2, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton picked up his 35th home run of the season and 100th and 101st RBI with this blast to left-center field in the bottom of the third inning Tuesday night in Miami …
Aug 30, 2014, 2:07 PM EST
Bryce Harper hit one of six home runs for the Nationals last night in an 8-3 victory over the Mariners. In doing so, he joined some impressive company.
Aug 29, 2014, 2:24 PM EST
Never mind that the dude has only been legally allowed inside a bar for about two years.
Aug 28, 2014, 9:42 PM EST
Every time Alex Gordon steps to the plate at Kauffman Stadium these days, fans chant, “M-V-P, M-V-P,” which is fascinating on so many levels.
Aug 26, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
If you think the Marlins recent winning ways have convinced Giancarlo Stanton to sign an extension, think again.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EST
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)