Nov 20, 2014, 7:44 AM EDT
No one ever asks the billionaire owners of baseball teams questions like that.
Nov 19, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
The Marlins have some money to spend, and free agent first baseman Adam LaRoche appears to be among their targets.
Nov 19, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Which, frankly, sounds like a threat.
Nov 18, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
What’s with all the aggression today?
Nov 18, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
Stanton will actually make less in the first three years of this deal than he would’ve in arbitration.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
The Stanton deal is huge. But don’t listen to those who claim it is insane.
Nov 15, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Which is kind of neat, even if it reminds us how weird scoops are.
Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins
Nov 14, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Biggest contract in baseball history.
Nov 14, 2014, 8:42 AM EDT
Will he turn down the largest contract in baseball history?
Nov 13, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Clayton Kershaw adds yet more hardware to his mantle.
Nov 13, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
Mike Trout is, at long last, the American League’s Most Valuable Player.
Nov 13, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
Is this real life?
Nov 10, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
Much has been made about the Marlins’ efforts to attempt to sign star outfielder Giancarlo Stanton to a contract extension, but they are also talking to some of their other young players.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 5, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
The Marlins have begun “preliminary” negotiations toward a long-term contract extension with 24-year-old slugger Giancarlo Stanton.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Nov 2, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Michael Hill, the Marlins’ president of baseball operations, was a guest Sunday on MLB Network Radio with Jim Bowden and Jim Duquette. Among the topics: the club’s future with Giancarlo Stanton …
Oct 26, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton will wear a helmet with a face mask after being hit in the face with a fastball back in September. He’s expected to be ready when spring training begins.
Oct 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Mike Trout and Giancarlo Stanton are your winners of the 2014 Hank Aaron Award.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 3, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
Jose Fernandez was enthusiastic about his second throwing session on Friday, but also remained realistic about the pace at which he must go to successfully return from Tommy John surgery.
Sep 30, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is about to get expensive. But the Marlins are not inclined to deal him.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 28, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
As first reported by Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Marlins have agreed to a contract extension with manager Mike Redmond that will run through the 2017 season. Miami has also announced that Redmond’s entire coaching staff will return in 2015.
Sep 27, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton suffered multiple facial fractures and dental damage when he was hit by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers on September 11, but he’s looking like his old self again just a little over two weeks later.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 8
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 35
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)