Jul 14, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
We’re keeping a running commentary on the Home Run Derby. So you don’t have to.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton is the favorite. Who else is in the hunt?
Jul 14, 2014, 1:25 PM EST
Cardinals right-hander Adam Wainwright and Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez have been named the starting pitchers for the All-Star game, and here are the starting lineups they’ll be facing tomorrow night.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The last baseball that counts for a few days. Enjoy it, folks.
Jul 12, 2014, 3:02 PM EST
This is the first All-Star selection for Henderson Alvarez.
Jul 11, 2014, 9:13 AM EST
Giancarlo Stanton: the California Chrome of the Home Run Derby
Jul 10, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
The field for next week’s Home Run Derby is officially in place.
Jul 8, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
Home Run Derby league captains Troy Tulowtizki and Jose Bautista just revealed four of their five choices for next week’s event live on ESPN’s Sportscenter. The final two participants for the 2014 Home Run Derby will be announced Thursday.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 5, 2014, 12:10 AM EST
Carlos Gomez wants to participate in the Home Run Derby, so he had Ryan Braun talk to Troy Tulowitzki on his behalf.
Jul 3, 2014, 9:52 PM EST
Good news for people who like fun things.
Jul 2, 2014, 10:55 AM EST
One of the more interesting tidbits within the Astros’ leaked internal communications earlier this week was an potential trade for Marlins superstar Giancarlo Stanton, which means the Marlins are yet again trying to convince the baseball world and Stanton that he’s not going to be traded.
Jun 30, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
They could’ve had Ichiro. They could’ve had Giancarlo Stanton. They wanted the world for Bud Norris. Oh, and by the way, the fact that we know this means that someone probably broke the law.
Jun 29, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
You likely won’t be seeing Orioles slugger Nelson Cruz in the upcoming Home Run Derby. He’s afraid the Derby will affect his swing.
Jun 28, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Sean Doolittle has quietly been one of baseball’s best closers this season. The Marlins put an end to his scoreless innings streak on Saturday.
Jun 28, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
Wanna watch Giancarlo Stanton hit some dingers? Tune in to the Home Run Derby.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Mike Trout hit a jaw-dropping 489-foot home run in the first inning of Friday’s game against the Royals.
Jun 27, 2014, 8:28 PM EST
One of these days, players will learn not to test the arm of Yoenis Cespedes.
Jun 23, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Some big moves from the Brewers in this week’s NL All-Star balloting update.
Jun 22, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Marlins aren’t going to stand pat in a weak NL East. They plan to improve the roster by the end of July, according to VP/GM Dan Jennings.
Jun 18, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
It took a little while because he got off to what was for him at least a slow start to the season, but for the third straight year Angels center fielder Mike Trout leads all of baseball in Wins Above Replacement.
Jun 16, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Analysis: Giancarlo Stanton hits baseballs really hard.
Jun 15, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
Troy Tulowitzki sent a scare through the Rockies organization when he left Friday’s series opener against the Giants with a sprained right toe. But he underwent X-rays Saturday which turned up negative and is back in Colorado’s starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale — hitting third and playing shortstop.
Jun 14, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson offers some advice regarding Internet trade speculation.
May 27, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
After a rough start to his big league career, George Springer has sprung.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 0
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 289
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (289)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)