Jun 29, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
You likely won’t be seeing Orioles slugger Nelson Cruz in the upcoming Home Run Derby. He’s afraid the Derby will affect his swing.
Jun 28, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Sean Doolittle has quietly been one of baseball’s best closers this season. The Marlins put an end to his scoreless innings streak on Saturday.
Jun 28, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Wanna watch Giancarlo Stanton hit some dingers? Tune in to the Home Run Derby.
Jun 27, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Mike Trout hit a jaw-dropping 489-foot home run in the first inning of Friday’s game against the Royals.
Jun 27, 2014, 8:28 PM EDT
One of these days, players will learn not to test the arm of Yoenis Cespedes.
Jun 23, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Some big moves from the Brewers in this week’s NL All-Star balloting update.
Jun 22, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Marlins aren’t going to stand pat in a weak NL East. They plan to improve the roster by the end of July, according to VP/GM Dan Jennings.
Jun 18, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
It took a little while because he got off to what was for him at least a slow start to the season, but for the third straight year Angels center fielder Mike Trout leads all of baseball in Wins Above Replacement.
Jun 16, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Analysis: Giancarlo Stanton hits baseballs really hard.
Jun 15, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
Troy Tulowitzki sent a scare through the Rockies organization when he left Friday’s series opener against the Giants with a sprained right toe. But he underwent X-rays Saturday which turned up negative and is back in Colorado’s starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale — hitting third and playing shortstop.
Jun 14, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson offers some advice regarding Internet trade speculation.
May 27, 2014, 7:11 AM EDT
After a rough start to his big league career, George Springer has sprung.
May 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz blasted his 16th home run of the season on Sunday against the Indians to become baseball’s current home run leader.
May 23, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton hit another baseball very far.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
May 21, 2014, 9:49 PM EDT
Marlins right fielder Giancarlo Stanton robbed the Phillies of multiple runs with this bases-loaded diving grab in the top of the fifth inning Wednesday night in Miami …
May 20, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
A quarter of the way into the season, the Phillies have managed to tread water in the not-so-rugged National League East. Now comes a pivotal stage in the team’s schedule.
May 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Reds third baseman Todd Frazier hit a 485-foot homer off Rockies right-hander Jhoulys Chacin last night.
May 9, 2014, 6:31 AM EDT
Getting Shemped: That moment when you decide to stay up late and watch the Dodgers and found out you got stuck with a Josh Beckett start.
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
Apr 26, 2014, 8:05 AM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu hit his eighth and ninth home runs against the Rays on Friday, including a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the ninth. Abreu set a record for home runs in the month of April by a rookie.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton does Giancarlo Stanton things.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
I only watched a little baseball last night. Watched a lot of “Night Court” though.
Apr 6, 2014, 8:54 AM EDT
Jose Fernandez starts have become must-see events for both casual and serious baseball fans. The 21-year-old right-hander was again in fine form on Saturday night …
Apr 5, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
A quick look at a busy Friday around MLB, including the offensive juggernaut that is the Miami Marlins.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 72
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)